What Personal Geocoins Are Only For Trade?

Cav Scout

My next coin isn't be for sale either, & will be traded sparingly.

Mostly in-person trades, gifts, cache drops, etc. :(

bgf

Great! Hope to see more of this.

Yup me too...trades are far and few between, giving in person on the rise and placing in caches I place steady and rising. :)

good fun

Pepper

Ours will be mostly for caches, some trades. (We'll leave the possibility open to selling for charitable causes, or donating for that reason, but not for our own profit.) If all goes well we should hopefully have our bright shiny coins by the end of June *fingers crossed* Check our profile, more info there!

Well my new coin is in production at last after much struggling over the design. (I'm not an artist by any means) Hopefully I'll have them in hand about the end of the month or so barring any problems. I'm also planning on a trip down to Kentucky in September so if you live somewhere between Alberta and Kentucky you might be able to find one in a cache. As with my last one this will be a run of 150 coins, none of which will be sold, they will be split between caches and trades. For trades I'm especially looking for other personal coins that are only for trade. Anyone?? :laughing:

Edited by graylling

The RealWorldAvatars Caching Adventure coin (see my profile page for the image) will be found primarily in caches -- possibly given/traded in person if I go to any events, but mostly just to put in caches. I wanted to have something to place in caches that the next person would DEFINITELY want to find, and coins seemed the way to go. :blink:

That is, if the minting company ever finishes 'em. :o It's been in production for ages at this point, and I still don't have an acceptable sample. I'm about as depressed as a cacher can be. *sniffles*

My next personal coin will be only for trade....I guess I want to ask people WHY they decide to go only for trade...I can tell you why I am...I just had my first personal coin and some people bought 4 or so (I know that when some other coins come out some people will buy like 10-20 coins)...and then not one week after I sent out my coins one person already had the "extras" that were bought on E**y...That just irks me...so they bought extras not for caches, but to profit from...so because of my irritation on that front I've decided that if people want my coin badly enough then they will have to trade for it.

I just get irritated that people feel the need to buy 10 coins (like the magic 8ball coin) and then they hold them "hostage" for others to buy/trade for....when if they left them out there everyone could get one in the first place...

OK....back to the thread... :laughing:

Edited by Tank Hounds

I thought I'd seen a thread about this. Just got around to searching it out.

My recent peresonal Ferreter5 geocoin is not for sale. I'm only trading it, using it as swag, first-to-find prizes, etc. I've been having oodles of fun so far!

Here's a picture, and details about the coin can be found in the forum thread about it:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=148974

F5BothTrimLarge.jpg

Cheers!

The 2007 Team Shydog coin is once again Trade Only, In person trading this time around. The good new is that I will be at GWS5 in Raleigh, The Midwest Geobash in Indiana and will be out in the Washington/Oregon area this summer for a vacation. I will be making it to the Champoeg Campout. Look me up at any of these events and I am sure we can make a trade. 100 coins made.

45596b5d-0d55-4b6b-ab81-990630ab73fd.jpgb4cc50d0-47be-4a74-880b-f1d90779cb5e.jpg

Edited by Team Shydog

The 2007 Team Shydog coin is once again Trade Only, In person trading this time around. The good new is that I will be at GWS5 in Raleigh, The Midwest Geobash in Indiana and will be out in the Washington/Oregon area this summer for a vacation. I will be making it to the Champoeg Campout. Look me up at any of these events and I am sure we can make a trade. 100 coins made.

45596b5d-0d55-4b6b-ab81-990630ab73fd.jpgb4cc50d0-47be-4a74-880b-f1d90779cb5e.jpg

Oh sure, wait until AFTER I see you :cool: hehehe

Mine are trade only, preferably in person. Only 100 made (#689 in the pic is from the sample).

Front_b.jpg

Back_b.jpg

Holy smokes, that is a cool personal coin you have!

Now if only I can arrange a vacation to WV sometime to trade personals with you. Although, I hear the New York Finger Lakes region is a popular summer vacation destination for people from WV. :cool:

Our 2007 coin is currently in production and will be trade only. I don't get to make it to the big coin events with work and fur kids and because Mr TH is stationed in KY while I am in CO...but....we'd be interested in some of these trade only coins.

We haven't "divulged" our design yet...except to a few people and it's on the MAGC forum site...but it's military related and we'll show it once it arrives! :blink: