Chef_cache_alot Geocoin

chef_cache_alot

Ok just popped on for a minute. I will be doing a tally when I get home and get a chance to look over all the previous posts, I will then post it here, I am sure there will be plenty of coins available.

In response to a few posts earlier the hyphenation is because ground speak doesn't allow it when you sign up for an account and I wanted the coin to reflect my caching name as it is on Groundspeak. On the back of the coin is my wifes caching name. Yes she is Dutch, born and raised in Ede, and I must say she is quite the treat! ;):back:

Also I will be taking group requests as well and will offer a discount on shipping.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming responses and please bear with me as I get everything sorted out and get paypal invoices sent out.

In response to a few posts earlier the hyphenation is because ground speak doesn't allow it when you sign up for an account and I wanted the coin to reflect my caching name as it is on Groundspeak.

So then you're gonna get rid of the hyphen? :huh:

Shouldn't there be a few "hyphens" in pdxmarathonman? Thats quite a long name you have there, sir. :P:D:huh::):):D:huh::P

Edited by Go JayBee

Ok here is the list so far. Please if I have missed you and you are on this thread just let me know, kindly if at all possible :huh:

STANDARD COINS

• Flyin V 1
  • GBots 1
  • Team Snook 1
  • PaHawkeye 2
  • SDGC (GoBolts) 15
  • GEO*Trailblazer 1 2
  • COOL 20
  • DancesWithMoose 1
  • Rupert2 1
  • Herrk & Lassie 2
  • Team Rampant Lion 2
  • FoToMoM 1
  • Cachedragons 1
  • Mr & Mrs Smith 1
  • LadeBear 68 2
  • CavScout 2
  • Grayling2
  • Team Nazgul 1
  • Cachehounds 1
  • Tom n Chris 2
  • Cyclops and Son 1
  • Cruiser dude 1
  • Eagles 61 2
  • Team Dinosaur 1
  • Stuck on WGS84 2
  • Terrible T's 1
  • Outdoorlady79 1
  • Dliming 1
  • GeoCrickets 1
  • ICE 8
  • CacheHunters42 2
  • Instant Coffee 3
  • Ladycachers & Boys 1
  • Camp Explorer 1
  • Moo & Wog Smith 1
  • Two Happy Hikers 1
  • Doughball 1
  • Team Nowayman 2
  • Chrisgun 2
  • Jake Team A.I. 1
  • Cainrcc 1
  • Blind Avocado 1
  • Tree Planter 2

LE Coins

• GBots 1
  • Team Snook 1
  • SDGC (GoBolts) 15
  • Mr & Mrs PotatoHead 2
  • COOL 20
  • DancesWithMoose 1
  • Rupert2 1
  • Herrk & Lassie 1
  • Team Rampant Lion 1
  • FoToMoM 1
  • Cache Dragons 1
  • Mr. & Mrs. Smith 1
  • Cachehounds 1
  • Cyclops and Son 1
  • Cruiserdude 1
  • Team Dinosaur 1
  • Stuck on WGS84 1
  • TerribleT's 1
  • OutdoorLady79 1
  • dblrngr 1
  • dliming 1
  • GeoCruckets 1
  • CacheHunters 42 1
  • Camp Explorer 1
  • Two Happy Hikers 1
  • Doughball 1
  • TeamNoWayman 2
  • Chrisgun 2
  • Jake Team A.I. 1
  • Cainrcc 1
  • Blind Avocado 1
  • TreePlanter 2

I am sorry if I have butchered or misspelled your caching name. If you have sent me an email about a trade and you are on this list I am sorry I haven't gotten through all of the emails yet, I will get to those tonight. I will be posting a seperate trading list. Isn't making coins just lots of fun ?!? :huh:

Maybe I got on your "other" list with my attempts to help with the hypen :(.  I was one of the first 20 to post in this thread regarding interest in trading.  I still am B)

PDXMM,

I am sure that the "lists" posted are for purchases only. I too did not see my name, but I know for certain that I will be receiving a trade. Take a deep breath now, where's that GAA Coin when you need it? :(B)

Trading List

STANDARD

• Outdoorlady79 1
  • Team Sand Dollar 2
  • GoJayBee 1
  • Pdxmarathonman 1 :( :(
  • Atlantagal 1
  • Shasties 1
  • PrariePartners 1
  • Nielsenc 1
  • Maurson 1
  • Squealy 1
  • DHobby1 1
  • IceCreamMan 1
  • Shop99er 1
  • CoyChev 1
  • Danching Fool
  • Night_Hawk 1
  • Two Happy Hikers 1
  • Pepper 1

LE Coins

• SirGerald 1
  • Gbots 1
  • Atlantagal 1
  • Prarie Partners 1
  • OutdoorLady79 1
  • DHobby1 1
  • IceCreamMan 1
  • Chaos A.D. 1
  • Flyin V 1
  • Cyclops & Son 1
  • Night_Hawk 1
  • Two Happy Hikers 1
  • Flyin V 1
  • Shasties 1
  • Pepper 1

Ok before everyone yells at me for whatever reason, I just took the numbers from this thread and where they specifically said they wanted to trade for an LE coin I put it down that way. I will be contacting all trade offers to work that through.

I apologize I didn't get the list up right away with the other one but as I said before I am really busy at work and I had to hurry and pop into the office and make this up when I had a chance.

Thanks for everyones patience

Ok, I need to get some feedback from everyone that has ordered coins so far. I just heard back from Tess and she has come back with some very good suggestions. Originally I was thinking of having the standard coins done in shiny gold, she said that after doing some art work she thought the chef guy might stand out better with the polished nickel instead. What is the general consensus here?

th_Coin-Front-1.jpg

th_Coin-Front.jpg

I am also posting the artwork for the LE coins, I think they look pretty sharp.

th_Coin-FrontV2.jpg

th_Coin-BackV2.jpg

I will be talking to her later today to get this all finished up.

Ok everyone I wanted to make sure everyone knew my intentions with the production of the coin.

I really like the way the coins looks with the polished nickel, but also the polished gold so.......................................I will keep the same amount of coins I had originally said I would mint but will be cutting back the amount of the standard coins and having 150 of the coins done in polished nickel. These coins will be used strictly for trades or other personal coins that are now available and of course in the future, and for putting in caches as FTF's, it's about time I get some hidden caches under my belt.

Hope everyone is fine with that. :)

I just talked to Tess and she is working on the final die art and we will get these babies minted up, who knows maybe they will be the first geocoin of the new year. :)

I've had my coins done in both polished gold and polished nickel (by coinandpins). They both look great, but the detail is a little more clear in the nickel. The gold isn't quite as shiny as some others (GOWT is really shiny) so the detail can still be seen.

This is one of the services that I think coinsandpins really excels in - they helped me choose the right finish and some of the other fine details that I had no idea about. But, I didn't let them talk me into the epoxy - and am very glad I didn't :)

I am not sure if they help with bad punctuation :o:D

Edit: referenced wrong shiny coin :)

Edited by pdxmarathonman