New Release Of Expertgps

markhp

A new release of ExpertGPS (V2.0) is available at

http://www.expertgps.com/latest.asp

I have both City Select 7, and Mapsource Topo, however I tend to use ExpertGPS the most often.

It has some pretty good features including, allowing you to scan and use your own maps, draw you own maps, and also allows viewing the satellite or topographical images. It also has about 3K waypoints listed for each state that can be downloaded individually.

Certainly worth the $50 for the full version IMHO.

Mark

Edited by markhp

Although my use of ExpertGPS has slipped some over the last few years, this release vaults it back towards the top of my list...mostly due to the fact that it seems to be one of the few 3rd party mapping programs with Explorist USB support. Not even the current MapSend products have that (!)

ExpertGPS 2.0.1 is now available at http://www.expertgps.com/latest.asp

Changes in this version:

Enable Tracking command is now working

Fixed crash in Display GPS Information command when using an eXplorist

Fixed crash in Join Tracks

Fixed crash in Select Waypoint dialog

Fixed MGRS coordinates in Australia

Notes saved in old .loc files now display

Increased number of tracks in iFinder to 100

Fixed Override global style setting

Added ability to share your types with others (Create Type Template on File menu)

Added ability to import types (Import This File's Types on File menu)

Added a new sample file: type_template_default.gpx which contains a number of waypoint, track, and shape types to get you started.

ExpertGPS is on sale for $49.95 through the end of the year.

Save $10 on ExpertGPS. Happy holidays!

ExpertGPS 2.0 took a bit longer than I had hoped, but this was always intended to be a major release. It's pretty close to a complete rewrite: new GPX parser, new datum and projection algorithms, changed from ASCII to Unicode for text (so you can write in Cyrillic, or your other favorite international language). Undo/Redo support. The help file alone took over two months to write.

The good news is that ExpertGPS (and EasyGPS) now have a very solid foundation to build on, and that's exactly what I intend to do. There's lots more coming in 2006!

ExpertGPS holiday sale for geocachers (save $10)