Trade For Gpsr?

jerrytcher

Wanna trade my stuff for your entry-level GPS?

With Christmas around the corner (and the wife saying “clean out that garage”) I had the idea of a possible trade. 1) I would like an entry-level (or better…) GPSr (or 2) for the kids, 2) Santa might be bringing you a newer, bigger, better GPSr for Christmas (and you have no idea what to do with the old one), AND 3) I have a bunch of stuff in my garage you might be interested in!

I have the following items available - if you see one or more that you are interested in working a trade for, let me know:

• Windows 98 Second Edition (OEM) CD-ROM (new)

• MS Office 2000 Small Business Edition (OEM) CD-ROM (new)

• Dell Color Printer 720 (new)

• 17” Color computer monitor (used, but still works well!)

• 13” color TV (used, but still works well!)

• “The Sims” CD-ROM game – like new

• Traction Cables for auto – I can check if your tire size is listed

• Bicycle carrier for 2 bikes – has straps to attached to back/trunk of car

• Flat screen TV wall mount – didn’t fit our TV, had to get another

• Folding walker (aluminum?) – like new

Respond here, or email me at normandie304-trade@yahoo.com

Jerry

Southern California / Inland Empire

All other items listed in previous posts are still available for trade. Any extra GPS's I get can be used for family members and/or with students at school. Any of the listed items can be combined with others to help make a trade happen! The Win98 CD and Office2000 CD are worth $75-100 each on eBay - though I'd rather get them to a fellow geocacher that needs them in trade for a working GPSr

Wanna trade my stuff for your entry-level GPS?

With Christmas around the corner (and the wife saying “clean out that garage”) I had the idea of a possible trade. 1) I would like an entry-level (or better…) GPSr (or 2) for the kids, 2) Santa might be bringing you a newer, bigger, better GPSr for Christmas (and you have no idea what to do with the old one), AND 3) I have a bunch of stuff in my garage you might be interested in!

I have the following items available - if you see one or more that you are interested in working a trade for, let me know:

• Windows 98 Second Edition (OEM) CD-ROM (new)

• MS Office 2000 Small Business Edition (OEM) CD-ROM (new)

Dell Color Printer 720 (new)

• 17” Color computer monitor (used, but still works well!)

• 13” color TV (used, but still works well!)

• “The Sims” CD-ROM game – like new

• Traction Cables for auto – I can check if your tire size is listed

• Bicycle carrier for 2 bikes – has straps to attached to back/trunk of car

• Flat screen TV wall mount – didn’t fit our TV, had to get another

• Folding walker (aluminum?) – like new

• Screen for Dell Inspiron 1000 notebook

Respond here, or email me at normandie304-trade@yahoo.com

Jerry

Still everything except the printer and the XM radio for trade :) . Got an older GPSr you want to trade for my items? I'd love to use them for my own children as well as the kids at school. I am happy to combine items to cover your GPS.

Thanks for looking!

Jerry

A basic eTrex or Magellan would be great :lol: Or, I can combine several items to trade for a GPS with more features.

I also now have a Tungsten C available for trade. This is just the PDA itself - when I got it, I did not receive the cradle, cables, CD, or even stylus. I use a Tungsten C and love it. The built-in Wi-Fi is great and I like the mini keyboard at the bottom of the unit. You can see specs at:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-c/

Thanks!

I spent a bit of time on the Palm site after looking at the TungC. Thanks for not responding Jerry, it gave me the nudge I needed.... I decided to get the Zire 72 (PalmOne has a factory outlet!).

I'm so excited about this. If anyone is interested in a Visor Deluxe (I've got 2, black and the clear/blue) or a Visor Platinum, just let me know. They'll be up on Ebay in a couple days but I'll give any cachers first go at an offer before they're listed. I also have a Magellan Companion GPS module to go along with one of them. :)

I spent a bit of time on the Palm site after looking at the TungC. Thanks for not responding Jerry, it gave me the nudge I needed.... I decided to get the Zire 72 (PalmOne has a factory outlet!).

I'm so excited about this. If anyone is interested in a Visor Deluxe (I've got 2, black and the clear/blue) or a Visor Platinum, just let me know. They'll be up on Ebay in a couple days but I'll give any cachers first go at an offer before they're listed. I also have a Magellan Companion GPS module to go along with one of them. :huh:

I saw your PM yesterday - I was thinking about it, but I think I'd rather have an actual GPS unit (for kids) as opposed to a PDA with GPS attachment. Thanks for the offer and I hope you enjoy your Zire 72. Our school principals have then and seem to like them. One reason I wanted the Tungsten C was the built in Wi-Fi - you have to add a component to the Zire to get Wi-Fi.

Good luck on your sale also!

Jerry

You can't beat built-in wifi, our Toughbooks have it and logging in from site to site is a breeze. I almost bought a Tung-E, I was all set to go until I noticed it didn't mention supporting wifi or bluetooth and the E's processor was half the speed of the Zire.

I liked the Tung-C's features but I don't know if I could work with the typepad on the front. I bought a TypeNGo (by Fellowes) for the Visors and ended up shelving it, the little round key buttons were just too awkward for my Fred Flintstone fingers. I use a Palm infrared keyboard now, at least with that I'm able to avoid punching 4 letters at once. :huh:

I spend a lot of time on Ebay, if I see any GPS deals too good to pass up I'll shoot you a PM. I'll keep in mind it's for students, what age group are we talking about here?

Best of luck with the educating, it's a fine hobby for them to learn by. I wish I had educators who had taken that kind of learning approach, making learning fun is definitely the key to reaching younger minds and leaving a lasting impression.

Edited by PrimaryCache

You can't beat built-in wifi, our Toughbooks have it and logging in from site to site is a breeze. I almost bought a Tung-E, I was all set to go until I noticed it didn't mention supporting wifi or bluetooth and the E's processor was half the speed of the Zire.

I liked the Tung-C's features but I don't know if I could work with the typepad on the front. I bought a TypeNGo (by Fellowes) for the Visors and ended up shelving it, the little round key buttons were just too awkward for my Fred Flintstone fingers. I use a Palm infrared keyboard now, at least with that I'm able to avoid punching 4 letters at once. :huh:

I spend a lot of time on Ebay, if I see any GPS deals too good to pass up I'll shoot you a PM. I'll keep in mind it's for students, what age group are we talking about here?

Best of luck with the educating, it's a fine hobby for them to learn by. I wish I had educators who had taken that kind of learning approach, making learning fun is definitely the key to reaching younger minds and leaving a lasting impression.

I teach 6th grade GATE. Would love to get them to do a little GPSing around the school!