Break Out You Snow Shoes

Keith Watson

I Haven't dined at any of these myself, but a quick search on the net finds a couple possibilities:

N45 02.717 W79 19.141 (Hey, it's in the GPS, 'mus be good!)

Andrea's Steak & Sea Food House

Tel: 705-645-8841

264 Manitoba Street

Bracebridge, ON

Kelsey's Bracebridge

Tel: (705) 646-8888

506 Muskoka Rd. 118 W.

Bracebridge, ON

The Griffin Pub

Tel: (705) 646-0438

9 Chancery Lane

Bracebridge, ON

TOMTEC

There is a pub... I can't remember the name, but I can describe it:

It is up an alley off the main drag (Manitoba Street). The alley may be named the "something Mews", or something. It rises up to the south-west off the main street between Taylor Road and the start of Manitoba Street.

At the back, there is an old brick building that is covered in vines in the summer (and leafless vines in the winter) with a Guiness sign hanging out. That is the only sign I can recall, but I am sure it has a name sign.

Every time I go by there with my family I say "Hey! Let's go in here for a pint!" but I always get outvoted.

There is a good chance it is the place you seek.

There is a pub... I can't remember the name, but I can describe it:

It is up an alley off the main drag (Manitoba Street). The alley may be named the "something Mews", or something. It rises up to the south-west off the main street between Taylor Road and the start of Manitoba Street.

At the back, there is an old brick building that is covered in vines in the summer (and leafless vines in the winter) with a Guiness sign hanging out. That is the only sign I can recall, but I am sure it has a name sign.

That pub would be The Griffin Pub. The laneway is called Chancery Lane. I've been to that pub a few years ago when my wife's best friend owned a clothing store beside the pub. As I recall, the pub is just a small pub, but I could be wrong. Another couple locations are The purple pig which is along 118 and close to this cache (GCQ434) Beaver Bridge Surprise, the pub at Inn at the Falls or Fox & Hounds which is on Dominion Street

Edited by dgas71

Keith -- we should put some info on the event page:

- Planned snow-shoe caching spots before the event.

- Carpooling options for non-driving but snow-shoeing cachers?

- Perhaps the Toronto area drivers should go up in a convoy (ie - meet at 400N Timmy's at King City at 7AM) for safety purposes. This is a winter trip and 4 cars with FRS radios will be a safer travel option to get to Bracebridge).

- We have 3 ham radio operators so far going up -- local ham repeater...

We live in the snowbelt and know how uncertain the weather is at that time of year (this time of year?). Just had 25cm in a snowsquall on Friday. :laughing: You can't move far in them. Love the idea though but will have to make the decision when the weather forecasts start showing that date. :laughing:

JDandDD

Just thought you might like ans update. We did The Falls Tour North - Convergence II, Duck Chutes, and Snowshoe Up, yesterday and the snowshoeing was pretty good 8-12" of snow and another 8-12" fell last night. Found all three with little problem all in good shape, but may be harder as more snow falls. r&v