Muggled Caches & What To Do...

Blucruz

Ok, here's the scenario. I was the last person to visit a cache "above a creek" and then it was apparently muggled within 2-3 hours of my visit. :P This cache is out in the middle of no-where and there was no traffic to speak of. After I drove away from the cache site I notice a truck parked off a dirt road about 1/3 of a mile from the cache and he may have seen me put the cache back in its hiding spot.

My question is this. Who is responsible?

I feel terrible about this as it was a well stocked cache. I e-mailed the owner and offered to replace the cache or at least supply some swag for a new one. I was curious as to what other people have done in situations like this.

Thanks..Blu

Muggles sometimes do watch us. I found a TB Hotel on I-40 just east of Nashville. It was a parking/rest are for big trucks. I tried to be unnoticed, upon leaving the cache area, a muggle was starring at me, he drove by and took a hard look at the set of ceder trees I had just left. I can only guess what he was thinking. I drove on to the next cache.

Kids are the worst at muggling, they'll take off with the cache to just take it.

This happened to us as well. It was just a high muggle area. Put it this way: If you were the cache owner and your cache was wrecked, would YOU feel that the last finder was responsible for it being muggled and expect them to replace it?

I certainly wouldn't. It's unfortunately part of the game. It's really nice of you to offer though.

On the other hand, we have found several muggled caches, and have been able to restock and fix it up. We have taken to carrying extra supplies in our cache bag for that reason. One never knows. :P

Ok, here's the scenario. I was the last person to visit a cache "above a creek" and then it was apparently muggled within 2-3 hours of my visit.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think the cache was compromised "within 2-3 hours" of your visit? :D

I would say that without question, the person who took the cache is responsible. :P

edit: spelling

Edited by cache_test_dummies
Ok, here's the scenario. I was the last person to visit a cache "above a creek" and then it was apparently muggled within 2-3 hours of my visit.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think the cache was compromised "within 2-3 hours" of your visit? :D

I would say that without question, the person who took the cache is responsible. :P

edit: spelling

I know the cacher that visited the area after me and he was about 2-3 hours behind me. he was the one who let me know it had been muggled.