Kitsap Co. Wa Coins On Sale Soon

Shop99er

KitsapCoins.jpg

This is a Pre-Announcement for the sale of the

2005 Kitsap County, Washington coin.

This coin will go on sale Sunday, December 11th at about 3PM Pacific time.

WE ARE NOT TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR THIS COIN!! This is just to let you know what time to be in front of your computer when they go on sale. They will be sold one per caching family and first come is first served.

There will be a new announcement on this forum when the coins go on sale. Look for “Kitsap County Coins now on sale”. This thread will be closed before we make the new announcement.

Just in case you think you can jump the gun and get in ahead of the announcement… not gonna happen. When we make the ON SALE announcement there will be 3 specific pieces of information you will have to email us to be on the sold list. One of these things will be a code word that won’t be made known until the final announcement.

Now, the important stuff:

The coin will be a 1.5 inch bronze coin in all 3-D relief. The price will be $8.50 a coin and that will include shipping. It was announced that they’d be less in a previous announcement but there were extra expenses that we didn’t count on.

There were 100 bronze coins produced for Kitsap County. In addition to the bronze coins there are 25 silver coins that will be made available to Kitsap County residents ONLY. If there are any silver coins left over they will be in offered for sale to the general public at a later date.

Payment for the coins will be cash, money orders or PayPal. All payments must be received by December 23rd. Coins not paid for within that time frame will be offered to the next in line on the waiting list.

There will be no payments acknowledged or shipments made between December 24th and January 2nd. We’re going to Disneyland!!!

PLEASE NOTE

If you are using PayPal it must be an account transfer. No credit card payments will be accepted. To transfer money to your account look for the “Add Funds” button on the PayPal bar on your account.

Pirates is our first stop, followed by the Haunted Mansion. So y'all almost have it right.

Shop99er, I feel it would be the most fair if us Kitsap residents get a 5 minute headstart. I mean, really, how many of us are there? Remember, you've got to deal with us at gatherings and stuff in the future. We know where you live (well, generally speaking.)

:)

Pirates is our first stop, followed by the Haunted Mansion. So y'all almost have it right.

Shop99er, I feel it would be the most fair if us Kitsap residents get a 5 minute headstart. I mean, really, how many of us are there? Remember, you've got to deal with us at gatherings and stuff in the future. We know where you live (well, generally speaking.)

Pirates is our third, then Indiana Jones.

Shop99er, I feel it would be the most fair if us Kitsap residents get a 5 minute headstart.  I mean, really, how many of us are there?  Remember, you've got to deal with us at gatherings and stuff in the future.  We know where you live (well, generally speaking.)

Mrs 99er here

Have ya all gone to see Billy Hill? At the Horseshoe theater/saloon...something like that. What a riot! And it's a virtual cache to boot!

Shop99er, I feel it would be the most fair if us Kitsap residents get a 5 minute headstart.  I mean, really, how many of us are there?  Remember, you've got to deal with us at gatherings and stuff in the future.  We know where you live (well, generally speaking.)

Mrs 99er here

Have ya all gone to see Billy Hill? At the Horseshoe theater/saloon...something like that. What a riot! And it's a virtual cache to boot!

Hi Mrs. 99er!! That sounds familar but I am not sure. We never sat down at a theather I don't think...other than the Tiki Room (god the song is in my head again).

Mrs 99er here

Have ya all gone to see Billy Hill? At the Horseshoe theater/saloon...something like that.  What a riot! And it's a virtual cache to boot!

Yeah, the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. That's a fun place; we went for the first time on our last trip. I'm shocked we never went before.

in theeeee

TIKI TIKI TIKI TIKI TIKI ROOMMMMMMM

Dunt, dunt, dunt!

WE ARE RELATED!!! I can picture us togather!!

{pokes Mark}

Know where I can get some beach/tiki/surf stuff for good price???

And people reading this thread do not be alarmed! We are trained pros at this Tiki Room stuff!

Mrs 99er here

Have ya all gone to see Billy Hill? At the Horseshoe theater/saloon...something like that.  What a riot! And it's a virtual cache to boot!

Yeah, the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. That's a fun place; we went for the first time on our last trip. I'm shocked we never went before.

US TOO!!!

And by the way...can't give you a head start on the silver Kitsap County coins but we can give you first shot at the Spring Fling coins...if you come to the Fling....

{pokes Mark}

Know where I can get some beach/tiki/surf stuff for good price???

And people reading this thread do not be alarmed! We are trained pros at this Tiki Room stuff!

Got a garage, attic, house full of tiki/Hawaiiana junk! Know where I can get more!!??

And yes, please don't attempt this. We're what you call...professionals.

Now go to bed missy! It's late!

That's the order for us too: Pirates first, Haunted Mansion second. We were there a couple of weeks ago and stopped at the Blue Bayou for lunch before anything else. Mmmm, Monte Cristos and Crab Cakes.

Oh yeah, I enjoyed Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday and prefer both to the usual HM and SW setups.

Edited by Mauison
To transfer money to your account look for the “Add Funds” button on the PayPal bar on your account.

This takes 3-4 business days. If you don't already have the funds in your PayPal account, there's no way it will be there by Sunday if you transfer today.

There's no way I'll make it home in time for this one, I'll have to hope for a trade. :)

I'm not real thrilled with doing it this way. The last time there was an email to be sent out, mine ended up in cyber space someplace. Luckily, there were enough of them that I could send a second email from another email account and that one was received ok. But there's just too much that can go wrong with emails, like getting lost :D, delays on either end, etc. :)

@ Shop99er:

100 bronze coins for so many people!

I think the most Geocacher/Geocoiner are happy if you set a limit of 1 or 2 coins per person. :)

PS: You wrote the coin price included shipping...also international shipping?

There will be a limit of one coin per caching family. That means if you, your spouse, your kids and your dog all have different caching names but you all cache out of the same car...it's one coin. It's not one per caching name. It's one per address basically.

This is a tough thing to police. We've had people try to end-run us on this and a few have snuck through but we keep a close eye on it.

The price will be for the coin, a padded envelope, postage and Delivery Confirmation for anyone in the US. Insurance will be your risk and if you want it that's $1.30 more.

For outside the United States just add $1 to the total. As far as I know there is no way to track a package outside the US. I do buy an international proof of mailing certificate just to prove I've mailed a package but it does nothing other than cover my behind.

If anyone outside the United States would like it shipped any other method I'm happy to do so but the additional postage will be charged to them.

Back on topic....ouch, middle of the caching afternoon..... ah well....

For a reason. Mid week people are at work and usually busy with family things when they come home. Saturday seems to be a usual caching day for a lot of people. Sunday people do their laulndry, clean their house, go to church and are usually wound down for the afternoon. We've tried to find a time that is good for the east coast as well as the west coast. Morning services are over, laundry is in the dryer....

There is no perfect time to list this but we feel this method is a lot better than just announcing them mid week and starting the sale. At least you all have a heads up.

To transfer money to your account look for the “Add Funds” button on the PayPal bar on your account.

This takes 3-4 business days. If you don't already have the funds in your PayPal account, there's no way it will be there by Sunday if you transfer today.

There's no way I'll make it home in time for this one, I'll have to hope for a trade. :)

We're giving you until the 23rd to get a payment to us. Log on, get your coin and send the payment before then. You're fine.

Even at the 2 to 3 days lag time for PayPal if you transfer the money now it will be there by at least Monday.

Or mail a money order.

If you can't make it home in time, bummer. We just can't please everyone all the time.

HOWEVER...... there is hope. We will be placing one silver coin in a cache in Kitsap County. We won't announce when we do it (although it will be after Christmas) and we won't announce which cache it's in. Somewhere out there is gonna be a really limited edition Kitsap County free for the taking.

I'm not real thrilled with doing it this way. The last time there was an email to be sent out, mine ended up in cyber space someplace. Luckily, there were enough of them that I could send a second email from another email account and that one was received ok. But there's just too much that can go wrong with emails, like getting lost :D, delays on either end, etc. :)

Back to that not being able to please all the people all the time.

This is the way we want to do it because it's the payday for us. We've spent hours at the computer desiging the coin, paid up front for the coin and will wrap each coin, package the coins, address the packages, take them to the post office, email hundreds of emails that it's either in the mail or you need to send a payment soon so there's a lot of work involved that coin collectors don't see.

This isn't a money making operation. Broken down we're making less than a dollar profit on the coin which breaks down further (hourly wage wise) to less than what a kid in a third world country makes. This isn't for profit, it's for fun. It may be only 60 seconds of heart thumping fun but it's what we get for hours of work.

We're giving you until the 23rd to get a payment to us. 

Oh! Didn't catch that, thought you had to pay when ordered, I stands corrected, thanks!

HOWEVER......  there is hope.  We will be placing one silver coin in a cache in Kitsap County.

Not if you live in Arlington TN! :)

We're giving you until the 23rd to get a payment to us. Log on, get your coin and send the payment before then. You're fine.

As far as that goes you can not transfer the funds yet and after you recieve a confirmation email (I assume they will be sent pretty quickyl since only 100 are available) still have plenty of time to add the funds to paypal and pay before 12/23.

As far as that goes you can not transfer the funds yet and after you recieve a confirmation email (I assume they will be sent pretty quickyl since only 100 are available) still have plenty of time to add the funds to paypal and pay before 12/23.

I just checked with my account on PayPal it's perfectly fine to transfer money into your account. Just click on the "Add Funds" button and it will take you to a screen that asks how much to transfer from your checking account.

Now I do not know if this is true with accounts set up as credit card based. I assume they would charge your credit card, put the amount in your account and any transfer from that amount would not be considered a credit card payment. I don't know that for sure though.

If there's any doubts just mail a money order. Payments that come through as credit card payments are denied so it's never charged to your account.

I just checked with my account on PayPal it's perfectly fine to transfer money into your account. Just click on the "Add Funds" button and it will take you to a screen that asks how much to transfer from your checking account. 

Now I do not know if this is true with accounts set up as credit card based.  I assume they would charge your credit card, put the amount in your account and any transfer from that amount would not be considered a credit card payment. I don't know that for sure though.

If there's any doubts just mail a money order. Payments that come through as credit card payments are denied so it's never charged to your account.

Are you saying that if I pay an invoice from my PayPal account and use credit card instead of bank account as the funding option, that the receiver knows that I used a credit card to transfer the money into my PayPal account and not a checking account? I didn't know that. I thought as far as the seller was concerned, it showed up as a payment from PayPal. Nobody has ever said anything and I've used the different funding options interchangeably.

Are you saying that if I pay an invoice from my PayPal account and use credit card instead of bank account as the funding option, that the receiver knows that I used a credit card to transfer the money into my PayPal account and not a checking account? I didn't know that. I thought as far as the seller was concerned, it showed up as a payment from PayPal. Nobody has ever said anything and I've used the different funding options interchangeably.

It's not that a seller can tell the exact method of payment. But there are two types of paypal accounts. The free accounts can accept payments from bank acounts or paypal balances and there are no added fees for receiving hte funds. The premium accounts can accept credit card payments as well and get charged $0.30 + 3% per transaciton regardless of the payment source.

So in the case of this coin it's being paid to a paypal account that isn't set up to recieve credit card payments.

Yup, it tells the seller if it's a credit card payment.

Having sold and taken payments on my husbands premium account it doesn't show the actual source of payment. One time someone ty to send credit card money to my free account it did say. I rejected the payment and had them send it to my husbands account so mine would remain free.

When we get CC payments, ours tells us, in so many words, that it's a credit card payment.

This is a personal account which is why it's not set up to take credit card payments. We would have to upgrade (and be charged for every payment coming in) to accept a credit card.

Edited by Shop99er
When we get CC payments, ours tells us, in so many words, that it's a credit card payment.

This is a personal account which is why it's not set up to take credit card payments. We would have to upgrade (and be charged for every payment coming in) to accept a credit card.

Can we not do a transfer from one bank account to another bank account ( wire transfer)? This would make it easier than having to transfer money to my Paypal account.