Whose Christmas Coin Is This?

Damenace

We are santa's elves. Filling santa's shelves.... with a toy for each girl and boy. Oh. We are santa's elves.

I'm probably the only one that watched Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer recently.

The junior Ladybug Kids watch Rudolph year-round and their favorite tunes are Christmas Carols by the Little People. We celebrate Chrismas here year round.

Speaking of that...since we live only 14 miles from Santa's real North Pole home (see also Santa's Stash, Ho Ho Ho, and Elfis Has Been Spotted in North Pole, we'd be thrilled to distribute a few coins around the area. Just drop us an e-mail at ladybugs@alaska.net.

I don't see it as a tease at all, can't some good hearted folks just have some fun during the Christmas holidays?

I'm looking at it on the up side, ya know the positive side of geocoins the old fashion way! Make um and place um...yeah that's the ticket :lol: .

Not for sale, gifts from Santa it doesn’t get any better than that does it?

It's a good thing it's fun, I like the reports of people finding them in caches. What a great way to track Santa this year. I'm just a sucker for the sweet stuff in life I guess. Half the fun is not knowing the mystery of it all. I hope the person/persons behind the adorable coin is NOT found out at least untill after the season is over.

This is just my view now foks don't go gettin' mad at me.

Pepper

Edited by Pepper
Has anyone solved this mystery yet?

Which one? The mystery of who made the coin or the mystery of how this turned into a "I'll cover xxxxx area" thread?

Who made the coins and did the not so fun tease on eBay?

Can't think of many times I have seen a coin for sale below cost little alone for cost :lol: .

Alright I stopped at a cache this after noon and came across this Christmas coin. There is no caching name on the coin however there is referance to geocaching all over the coin as well as a "twelve days of caching" poem on the back

Now I am going to tell you that I am an active  and well know cacher in my area. I have consulted fellow cachers and no one here seems to know anything about these. In the cache there was no mention of this coin drop almost as if someone doesn't want to know they have them. Is there any one traveling for the holidays that has these coins? I sure would like to get more.

96a6e991-ed3f-42c5-a039-948d6570b3c5.jpg641737e0-f6fd-4829-ad5f-ace3aa15d0e1.jpg

ARRGGGHHHH! After reading every post on this thread, no one still knows where they came from. ;)

ARRGGGHHHH! After reading every post on this thread, no one still knows where they came from.  :back:

Yes we do. They are coming from Santa, ho-ho-ho! ;)

Hey now, these are the geocaching forums, you can't use that kind of language. It's "lady of the evening, lady of the evening, lady of the evening". :mad:

I agree though, they must be coming from Santa. ;) It goes against the idea of Christmas if you're letting this mystery coin get you all bent out of shape.

ARRGGGHHHH! After reading every post on this thread, no one still knows where they came from.  :mad:
Hey now, these are the geocaching forums, you can't use that kind of language. It's "lady of the evening, lady of the evening, lady of the evening". ;)

I agree though, they must be coming from Santa. :back: It goes against the idea of Christmas if you're letting this mystery coin get you all bent out of shape.

My wife said I had a dry, starchy, droll sense of humor. I guess this is one more confirmation.

No one finds it funny a pastor sounding out of shape over Christmas? I guess my humor is dryer (or just more obtuse?) than I thought. :mad::mad:;):mad:

If you would like to get your hands on some, I have it on good authority that there will be a few given away as prizes during the (no it's not an X-mas event) (GCR57M) A Festivus, for the Rest of us event here in Wichita.

Wichita, for those of you who don't know it, is the largest city in the state of Kansas (yes I know you don't believe me, I'll wait right here while you go look it up and when you get back I won't look down on you like you're stupid, trust me), and the center of the United States, give or take. We have a fine airport and public transportation system, and a nice little bunch of cachers. We're also going to have our own geocoin series (in work, avail early next year), and we'd be happy to entertain out-of-towners at our Festivus event.

BTW, judging from the reindeer droppings and hoof marks on our roof, I have a pretty good idea where the coins came from: :huh:

Edited by Hugh Jazz

is there anyway that Santa could be Moun10Bike? I was just looking at www.thecachingplace.com and under newest coins there is a Moun10Bike Christmas listed with no art work yet and I've never heard of Moun10Bike Christmas coins.

Regardless I still believe in Santa and I've been a very good girl this year. Even rediscovered caching since I've been off work for a week :-)

Edited by outdoorlady79
is there anyway that Santa could be Moun10Bike? I was just looking at www.thecachingplace.com and under newest coins there is a Moun10Bike Christmas listed with no art work yet and I've never heard of Moun10Bike Christmas coins.

Regardless I still believe in Santa and I've been a very good girl this year. Even rediscovered caching since I've been off work for a week :-)

:( What?

Well that coin is different. The Mystery Christmas coin is also featured on the caching place. I guess it *could* be anybody at this point. But I know Moun10bike's Christmas coin is something else altogether.

is there anyway that Santa could be Moun10Bike?  I was just looking at www.thecachingplace.com and under newest coins there is a Moun10Bike Christmas listed with no art work yet and I've never heard of Moun10Bike Christmas coins. 

Well that coin is different. The Mystery Christmas coin is also featured on the caching place. I guess it *could* be anybody at this point. But I know Moun10bike's Christmas coin is something else altogether.

Where are you two seeing that? I can't find where on that site you are talking about?

is there anyway that Santa could be Moun10Bike?  I was just looking at www.thecachingplace.com and under newest coins there is a Moun10Bike Christmas listed with no art work yet and I've never heard of Moun10Bike Christmas coins. 

Ok I was just wondering since the Moun10Bike had not artwork tied to it yet.

Where are you two seeing that? I can't find where on that site you are talking about?

I saw it here The Caching Place Trading Gallery-Newest Coins