Whose Christmas Coin Is This?

Damenace

We are finding it fun and interesting to read the latest logs of caches where we placed the Santa-Christmas geocoins. These mystery Santa geocoins arrrived in our mailbox about three weeks ago from the North Pole.

We have physically checked back on several caches where we had placed them.

We found that about half of those caches had logs that mentioned retrieving the geocoin. The other half: the coins were gone and there was no mention of their being taken. Can't understand why one would not mention finding a cool geocoin when so many caches contain small rubber airplanes and McDonalds hand wipes!

The doorbell rang this afternoon. When I got to the front door, this short little postman handed me a couple of mailers with my regular mail :huh: . I noticed one of the mailers was white. Didn't give it any thought at first, but when I opened it, I found a Santa Christmas geocoin. :(

I went back out to see if the postman was still around, but he was nowhere to be seen. :( Pretty weird........You see, people, I was one of the first to tell you to believe in Santa. He took care of you guys first, but he never forgot.

Thank you very much, Santa, wherever you are. This old boy never lost faith. :(

Oh, Happy Day.

I am not finding many geocaches lately, but I continue to take pride in maintaining my own hidden caches. Good owner maintenance habits paid off for me over the weekend, as one of my caches that I visited had an extra little Christmas Gift hidden within it! And it was in an altoids tin micro, not one of my many larger caches. I'm surprised nobody else found it in the meantime.

Anyways, this was literally my only surprise gift of the holiday season. Thanks, Santa!

:huh: I wanted to thank Santa, as my Christmas coin arrived a few days ago and it was like Christmas all over again!! I think that I was one of the last ones to successfully bid for a coin Christmas Eve (actually Christmas Day EST) on eBay.

Thanks Santa - this is a very special coin and will always be treasured!

NH geobear