Whose Christmas Coin Is This?

Damenace

I tried for awhile wanting the coin for a special fellow cacher, and then it dawned on me it is Christmas Eve. Stop with the refresh and enjoy your family. They bring me the happiness that no coin ever could. My cacher friend would agree. Warmest Christmas wishes to all.

I don't recognize any of those winning eBay IDs, lol!

I have on good information that the Atlanta elf distributed his/her allotment of coins. The one LZ33 found today was the last one. Thorny1 found one in a cache early last week and one was shipped to a very good boy, GeoNap, because the elf was afraid Santa might have lost the memo on him.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope Santa continues to list a lot of coins tonight and tomorrow.

:) When I got back from church this evening, I started watching for the coin as well - two times I spotted it, but was not quick enough...just as I was ready to retire for the evening, it came up again and I was able to click on the "buy now!" I am thrilled and thank Santa so very much for this wonderful gift!

A very merry Christmas and happy holidays to each of you!

:P NH geobear

I have on good information that the Atlanta elf distributed his/her allotment of coins. The one LZ33 found today was the last one. Thorny1 found one in a cache early last week and one was shipped to a very good boy, GeoNap, because the elf was afraid Santa might have lost the memo on him.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope Santa continues to list a lot of coins tonight and tomorrow.

Santa mentioned to me that the "supply" is almost out.

I can personally attest that the mail system is a freaking mess this season. I'm waiting on more coins, that are 1-3 weeks in the system, to show up on my end then I care to think about. So for those that didn't get a coin, there may still be hope for a few late arrivals.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Well I hope Marky & Joani get's one because not only do they help alot of people in our area but bring alot of enjoyment to their clever,tricky,and evil hides.

They Inspire alot of us bay area folks as well as workerofwood for his great caches such as ANX which had 2 people come from Norway that had to do that cache they said. Also his wonderful artwork that he has brought to the geocaching comunity.

Edited by Mystery Ink

I'm a newbie to this and have nothing really to trade so I wouldn't expect this coin in my mailbox. Last night I was watching and saw two go up but I just wasn't quick enough. :P However, there was a Santa out there for me as I received 2 MIGO coins from a local cachcer last week so I could use them for stocking stuffers! The Christmas spirit is alive and well here in Michigan! Merry Christmas and a round of wobbly pops to all :P

We're triana00--the first Buy it Now on Christmas Eve--lasted 38 seconds!

Welcome to the Christmas Coin Club! We're all planning on meeting and collectively throwing lumps of coal at all the bad little geoboys and geogirls who didn't get Christmas Coins. Okay, I'm totally kidding. I truly do thank "Santa" for sending his little elf, however impatient he was at my doorstep. Not sure what I did to be on his "nice" list this year, because he HAD to know how much of my kids' Halloween candy I ate... :P

But for those who didn't get coins, and seem a bit down about it...I'd humbly ask that you realize that Santa does have a limited supply, and I think you know he can't hit everyone. And NO, I'm NOT Santa. I'm just as curious as any of you!

Let's just ALL thank Santa for doing this whether we received a coin or not, mkay? :P

Thank You SANTA!!!

Now, about that Ferrari...

Edited by YemonYime

Oh yes, a great big thank you to Santa and his elfs, they helped restore the true reason behind Christmas, to give and not receive in return

Also a big thank you to Santa in proving that coins do not need to cost and arm and a leg and that shipping prices on that one "E" place are over inflated.

Sure hope that Santa didn't get caught in our Christmas storm here in Western Washington. Kitsap County got hit mighty bad. We were with out power all day. Some got it back only this morning.

Since we just got internet back. The Tribe wants to send you all a Very Merry Belated Christmas wishes. And to those that got the Mysterious Christmas Geocoin... RIGHT ON! Hope to get to see & touch one at one of our NW gatherings in the future.

Happy New Year

The Tribe

After lunch and some shopping, we came home and checked the mail since we hadn't received any for two days. There were two padded envelopes that looked like geocoins and we opened them to admire some new coins we had traded for. While going through the rest of the mail, out fell a small white envelope that looked like it had been ran over by a truck. We turned it over and on the front of the envelope the first thing we saw was North Pole hand written in red in the upper left hand corner. It was plainly the handwriting of an elf. There was a hand drawn picture of a Christmas Tree just above our address. Could it be? I think my hands were shaking as I opened the envelope. Yes!, the Geocoin After Christmas was the Cache Before Christmas! I guess we were good cachers after all!

Thank you Santa! You have made all of our holiday wishes come true.

We believe...

--Marky and Joani

Too bad I live 3000 miles away from the event....even though I did not get a coin this year Santa was good to me and my family. I will extra good in 2006 in hopes to get a special present in my stocking.

It was truly in the spirt of the season to do what you and your helpers did this year Santa, thanks for reminding all of 'tis better to give than receive. ;)

edit:spelling

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Guess what I found in my mailbox today - a Mystery Santa Coin -

The envelope says it has been sent on Dec. 17. and it just arrived today as I am turning 30 - yes it's my birthday today and this is the greatest and best birthday present I ever got. I just was dancing around, when I saw the envelope with a christmas tree on it in the mailbox.

Thank you so much Santa!

A Happy New Year to you all ...

Add D@nim@l to ranks of the Christmas coin havers! Here’s my story:

It all started when I went back to my hometown to celebrate Christmas with my parent and my brother’s family. I decided to take my five nieces and nephews out geocaching to get them from under foot. For four of them (a set of quadruplets, age 11) it was their first time. So naturally, I built up the whole looking for a treasure chest type of adventure, made them get trade items, etc. The anticipation was growing. The cache page described what could be considered a politically correct holiday theme but was designed for the bad cacher: one’s who don’t re-hide it well, didn’t trade even, didn’t log the bug, didn’t CITO, etc.

We arrived at the parking spot and made our way to the cache. We didn’t even need the GPSr, we just followed the footprints in the snow of those that came before us. A huge hollow log was seen in the distance. We kids dashed off. Kate yelled, “WE FOUND IT!”. We stepped away and had a seat wondering what bounty awaited us…the ammo can popped and the lid squeaked as it opened. Ten little eyes with eager smiles peered into the can to catch the first glimpse of the goodies…..glee turned to disappointment and confusion…there was no treasure. It was a box of cold, hard, black lumps of coal. Now the cache description made a little more sense to me. Uncle D@n messed up. We took our lump, but the kids wanted to leave their trade items anyway. This way if in the next group, there would be a kid, who was a good cacher that deserved a toy. I swapped out a travel bug and threw it and the coal in backpack. We sloshed back the car. Our spirits a little lower. “Thanks anyway, Uncle D@n” they mustered. My heart was broken. Later, I borrowed my brother’s computer to log the find online but a had left the bug in my pack in the car. It had started raining so thought “I’m not going back outside to get it, I’ll do it later”. The kids, well their thoughts changed to Santa coming and the activities of the evening.

The day after Christmas found me driving back home. When I got home I figured I better log that bug before somebody complained about it, having learned my lesson. I reached in my pack and grabbed the bug, but didn’t feel the coal. I looked in. No coal. Then a twinkle appeared. What’s this! “What the…NO WAY!” It was the Christmas Coin!!!!! Apparently, Santa must have traded out the coal for the coin when he came to visit. It seems I found some favor in his eyes. “And so shines a good deed in a weary world…” It’s a Christmas miracle! Thanks Christmas coin Santa! ; ).

(portions of this story have been enhanced or otherwise embellished to stir emotions)

Edited by D@nim@l