Whose Christmas Coin Is This?

Damenace

So I go to my PO Box today and low and behold I have ANOTHER coin from Santa (I have been GOOD this year)! Same coin, but different sender. The last coin came in a different envelope with a return address. This one came with no return address, just "Santa" on it.

So what do I do with this extra coin? I am NOT selling it on ebay unless it is for charity, I don't want to trade it really because I got them for nothing, Hmmmm......

Santa I need help here.....

You know if Santa would allow it, a charity auction would be nice! Seems to meet the spirit of the season and all!

I doubt I could afford it though. <_< Oh well..... :)

Now that's a good idea also.  I don't of any being found in Texas yet. 

Hmmmmm......

Merry Christams LadyCacher...the Texas Santa has been very busy dropping Santa coins in caches down in the Gulf Coast regoin.

You must know Santa does like Texas <_<

Lots of friendly cachers down south just a shy bunch, but all have been very nice.

Ho...Ho...Ho...Merry Christmas

Congratulations to all of you who have been visited by Santa! In my small corner of the East Coast, each night those visions of "sugar plums dancing," have transpired into visions of "Santa's Christmas Geocoin!" I do believe, I do believe, I do believe...this middle school teacher believes! She has been good this year...please?!

As a fairly new geocacher (and geocoin enthusiast), I thought that I would leave Santa a little hint as to where to find me(just in case Santa's secretary misplaced his/her list).

<_<

Laura Kessler / NH geobear

PO Box 1018

Newport, NH 03773

Ever since I started collecting geocoins, I've seen an increase in really unusual activity on my front doorstep. A few months back, there was that weird incident with the humming and levitating Moun10Bike coin that scared the bejeezus out of me. And now today, another bizarre occurrence that's left me scratching my head.

At around 8:00am, I had just sat down to watch Little Einsteins with my four-year-old, when there was a slight tapping at my front door. This was very unusual for this early in the morning, so I shuffled my way over to peer out the window, but didn't see anyone. I opened the front door and stuck my head out, but still no sign of anyone. Odd, that. No sooner did I close the door, when I heard the tapping again. This was starting to get weird now, so I flung open the door and again, nobody! I thought to myself, what's going on??? So, just as I was about to slam the door in disgust, I heard this squeaky little voice say "Hey nimrod, down here." I followed the voice downwards and lo and behold, there stood this little guy about three feet tall! No way did I think to look that far down, and I said something stupid like "Hey! You're a little dude, aren't ya?" He looked up at me with a loathful expression and said something sarcastic like "Yeah, Yeah, congratulations. You're the first guy EVER to say that, y'know?", and he continued to mumble something under his breath.

I apologized again, because that was basically rude of me. But before I could offer him to come in, he made this squeaky little grunting noise, hauled off, and fired this manila blur right into my bread basket!!! I was a bit stunned, and probably keeled over more dramatically than was necessary, but I really just wasn't prepared to be assaulted by any little dudes this morning. At least, not this early. So, I straightened up right quick to ask him what the deal was, and sure enough...he was gone! No sign of him anywhere, no distant jingling, no little tracks in the snow. More weirdness on my doorstep!!! What IS the deal with MY doorstep lately?

So, to make a long story short, and since I'm posting in THIS thread, you can probably guess what was in this package. There was even a type-written note inside that said: "Ho, Ho, Ho! Enjoy the coin! You've been very good this year!" But what really struck me as bizarre was that on the other side of this note, scribbled in red ink, it says "Sorry about the elf." <_<

christmascoin.jpg

The YittleYime is about as tall as the dude that flung this at me, but much more happy!

Thanks Santa!

Ever since I started collecting geocoins, I've seen an increase in really unusual activity on my front doorstep. A few months back, there was that weird incident with the humming and levitating Moun10Bike coin that scared the bejeezus out of me. And now today, another bizarre occurrence that's left me scratching my head.

At around 8:00am, I had just sat down to watch Little Einsteins with my four-year-old, when there was a slight tapping at my front door. This was very unusual for this early in the morning, so I shuffled my way over to peer out the window, but didn't see anyone. I opened the front door and stuck my head out, but still no sign of anyone. Odd, that. No sooner did I close the door, when I heard the tapping again. This was starting to get weird now, so I flung open the door and again, nobody! I thought to myself, what's going on??? So, just as I was about to slam the door in disgust, I heard this squeaky little voice say "Hey nimrod, down here." I followed the voice downwards and lo and behold, there stood this little guy about three feet tall! No way did I think to look that far down, and I said something stupid like "Hey! You're a little dude, aren't ya?" He looked up at me with a loathful expression and said something sarcastic like "Yeah, Yeah, congratulations. You're the first guy EVER to say that, y'know?", and he continued to mumble something under his breath.

I apologized again, because that was basically rude of me. But before I could offer him to come in, he made this squeaky little grunting noise, hauled off, and fired this manila blur right into my bread basket!!! I was a bit stunned, and probably keeled over more dramatically than was necessary, but I really just wasn't prepared to be assaulted by any little dudes this morning. At least, not this early. So, I straightened up right quick to ask him what the deal was, and sure enough...he was gone! No sign of him anywhere, no distant jingling, no little tracks in the snow. More weirdness on my doorstep!!! What IS the deal with MY doorstep lately?

So, to make a long story short, and since I'm posting in THIS thread, you can probably guess what was in this package. There was even a type-written note inside that said: "Ho, Ho, Ho! Enjoy the coin! You've been very good this year!" But what really struck me as bizarre was that on the other side of this note, scribbled in red ink, it says "Sorry about the elf." <_<

christmascoin.jpg

The YittleYime is about as tall as the dude that flung this at me, but much more happy!

Thanks Santa!

That is so funny! :)

We had our own local Santa show up at our coin club's get together last night. Mystery Ink handed out Christmas Cards, each with a cool geocoin in it (and the one I got wasn't even in my collection yet, so that was very exciting.) If anyone is deserving of a Santa coin, they are! <_<

--Marky

Well, I am not sure if Santa thinks I have been good or he is worried for the welfare of the old ladies and animals, but either way, he and his elves decided I should have a Christmas coin. Thank you very much Santa and the elves and Mrs. Santa too and the reindeer and everyone else. Now if some of the woodland elves would just let the pony know it is safe to come home........

I got a lovely white envelope from the Noth Pole today too. I was sure that I had never traded coins with the geo santa so I sent a note with my address to who I thought was responsible. Then today I got this awesome coin in the mail postmarked a few days before I sen tthe email with the hints. All I can say is that Santa is good. Despite losing a job recently and being down about things I have to say that at 26 I still believe in Santa.

Rumor has it that Santa is running the Texas coast line with Christmas coins!

There are even some variations being reported found as well. I got to see an awesome silver one found in a local cache yesterday. All the finder would let me do is polish it to a bright finish for them and have a good look at it.

I sure will be on the lookout for some of the others too.

I went today to 3 Christmas caches in my area in hopes that Santa may have been there to visit them and might have left something round and special in one of the containers, but unfortunately he had not or someone else had been there and had not logged being there. :lol: Oh well, at least I got 3 caches done I had been wanting to do.

Ok, I have spoken with the big man himself and the coin will go into a cache as stated above. 

Also, I would watch Ebay for coins on Christmas Eve.  :rolleyes: 

(Santa said I could tell)

Looks like I'll be doing the ebay thing this Christmas eve. I have not heard of any X-mas coins in the WV area in any caches yet.

:D I been good this year you can keep the red rider BB gun as I would probaly just shoot my eye out anyway :lol: . Heck I diden't even make it onto RustyBeerCans Christmas card probaly because of not having an avatar for my name. :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!

Oh Thank You, Thank You Santa!!! :D

I will never trade or sell this special coin!

I just got my mail and opened a special envelope that contained a special coin. You are the best Santa!! :rolleyes:

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and the Mrs. and all your critters!

Edited by Parrolet

I was all excited last night when I noticed a small yellow envelope in the mail slot. Joani had already retrieved the mail, so we weren't expecting any until the next day. Could it be? Could it really be a Santa coin? Nope, just some cool lighthouse coins from thecachingplace. Certainly very cool, but funny that a bunch of nice looking geocoins can be a let down.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I Believe.

--Marky