Whose Christmas Coin Is This?

Damenace

Santa's coin on eBay is now OVER $100. ;) ;) He is going to make some charity VERY happy this season. I was out bid very early on.

But Santa I have been a very good this year, and we did just lose our GPS, (see this thread) so to give us the geocaching fix we need, we are going to start a geocoin collection. Just bought our 1st one yesterday. :P

And my birthday is on Christmas Day , really it is.... :anitongue:

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE.....and a Happy New Year too! ;)

My mother told me that she once again beleives in SANTA. One day last week she was talking to a couple of ladies she works with, that since work has taken away her overtime she has been having problems meeting her bills. Well after her lunch was over she got back to her desk and there was an envelope. Written on the front was this; "KEEP THE FAITH. . . . LOVE SANTA" Inside the nevelope was a brand new crisp $100 bill. All of the women she talked to denied any knowledge of it. So woth that being said . . . never give up and KEEP THE FAITH.

ps I know this has nothing to do with the coin but I just wanted share my thoughts about this Christmas and my new found beleif in SANTA.

Edited by Dreamin'Eagle

I can't believe it is over $100.00! I was going to try to be the high bidder on the coin and then let Santa keep it (after I paid of course) so he can give it away as he originally planned as my way of making up for my mistake, but there is no way I can afford that. Oh well, if the money goes to a worthy charity then something good will come of it.

Santa even doesn't forget about people in good old Europe. I came across one of these neat coins accidentally, while looking what's new on Ebay. Thank you Santa for giving this great coin away while America is sleeping. Nice dreams, folks on the other side of the ocean ;)

I swear, I will never ever sell this coin for profit on Ebay. Maybe I will trade it some day for a very HTF coin and make someone else happy to own it, but who knows ...

This one made my day!!! :anitongue:

Edited by Pumabert

Oh man! I was just checking eBay for this coin then clicked to see the completed sales and back to the regular listing and voila - there was a new coin listed!!! In my excitement, I seemed to have forgotten how to even use eBay. I was trying to click the Buy It Now icon on the listing page. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working until I realized I had to open the item first and click Buy It Now from there. By the time I did that, of course, it was already sold. :)

So close!

Oh man! I was just checking eBay for this coin then clicked to see the completed sales and back to the regular listing and voila - there was a new coin listed!!! In my excitement, I seemed to have forgotten how to even use eBay. I was trying to click the Buy It Now icon on the listing page. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working until I realized I had to open the item first and click Buy It Now from there. By the time I did that, of course, it was already sold. :)

So close!

LOL I like your avatar Junglehair.

Although I wrote about getting a coin, you have to admit that the actions of this mystery Santa has resulted in a positive forum that has been a pleasure to read without hostilities other than maybe one issue of someone getting two coins. I read about how Salvation Army kettles are getting gold coins and jewery without knowing who the donor is. Merry Christmas (not afraid to be political correct) to the mystery Santa and to all.

WOW, that is quite impressive that Santa has resorted to mailing packages now.  What ever happened to using the sleigh? Has Santa retired the reindeer?

How do we get our address added to his good list?

I don't think the sleigh will be ready for another 11 days or so. So the USPS needs to step up <_<

And I thought Santa was using UPS this year. The UPS man keeps ringing our doorbell and running away before we get there. Then magically a package is there. I don't even know what the current ups man looks like. I think he is affraid of our dogs.

This weekend while Christmas shopping I held the door open for my family. Right behind us was a little old lady with a big bag full from her day of shopping, I held the door for her too. Today, the very next day of mail delivery brought a package from the North Pole!

Santa does know if you've been good! And he made a very nice coin!

Well, I grabbed and old lady and dragged her and her packages across the street but she hit me with her cane cause her limo was waiting for her on the other side. I guess that doesn't qualify me, does it?

This weekend while Christmas shopping I held the door open for my family.  Right behind us was a little old lady with a big bag full from her day of shopping, I held the door for her too.  Today, the very next day of mail delivery brought a package from the North Pole! 

Santa does know if you've been good!  And he made a very nice coin!

Well, I grabbed and old lady and dragged her and her packages across the street but she hit me with her cane cause her limo was waiting for her on the other side. I guess that doesn't qualify me, does it?

LMAO!!!!

Hello everyone! I'm a new geocacher (I started in October) and had great fun getting involved in the coin quest game and finding all of the caches! My husband thinks that I've gone a bit crazy...fortunately my children enjoy the challenge of finding the caches - it's been fun! I'm now seeing some wonderful coins that you all have created and trade - and have been reading about Santa and his generosity! I have also been checking out eBay every so often and was so close twice...like the Canadian geocacher, I was wondering if Santa might be out New England way?! At any rate, I hope that each of you has a wonderful holiday - I've enjoyed reading your posts and wanted to introduce myself to you! :blink: NH geobear

This weekend while Christmas shopping I held the door open for my family.  Right behind us was a little old lady with a big bag full from her day of shopping, I held the door for her too.  Today, the very next day of mail delivery brought a package from the North Pole! 

Well, The old lady thing didn't work out too well so I remembered that picture of those cute little kids begging in their jammies and thought that seemed to work but I don't have cute little kids so I thought a picture of my cute pony we call Houdini because we can't keep her in the pasture and Mandy the hyperactive Black Lab and Chelsea the devil possessed cat. If I got them all together looking cute and maybe sitting on their haunches begging. Well............ Mandy went after the cat who ran up the pony using her loooong claws, the pony started bucking , the cat ended up in a snow drift , Mandy was running in circles and the pony is headed for the woods. It just wasn't a pretty picture.. Sigh...

Well, The old lady thing didn't work out too well so I remembered that picture of those cute little kids begging in their jammies and thought that seemed to work but I don't have cute little kids so I thought a picture of my cute pony we call Houdini because we can't keep her in the pasture and Mandy the hyperactive Black Lab and Chelsea the devil possessed cat. If I got them all together looking cute and maybe sitting on their haunches begging. Well............ Mandy went after the cat who ran up the pony using her loooong claws, the pony started bucking , the cat ended up in a snow drift , Mandy was running in circles and the pony is headed for the woods. It just wasn't a pretty picture.. Sigh...

I think you are trying to hard :blink: .

Twas 10 days before Christmas and all through the writings,

they were looking for Santa Coins but he was not biting.

He has chosen a few and some just kept trying,

some pleaded and begged and some started crying.

The mail boxes are watched in hopes of a stop,

I just checked mine, again another flop.

To get one of these coins would bring so much joy,

but you’ll have to prove you’re a good girl or boy.

His message is clear in the forums you read,

It’s not about the money but the message to heed.

With all of this said and things being right,

Happy trading to all and to all a good night.

:)

Woo Hoo! I got mine today! Santa is such a nice guy. Thank you Santa!

</Blind Avocado does the happy dance>

Lucky you! I was fortunate to be the winning bidder on the first one on eBay, but I guess Santa is making a few other stops first. :lol:

I agree that Santa is a nice guy! I can hardly wait until I get to do the happy dance, too! :unsure: