What's The Rarest Coin You Own?

CacheMoneyPugLife

I think it's a toss up between Waypoint 15, Moun10Bike ver. 2, GD Mystery Coin & Groundspeak Project Square. I'm leaning more towards the Waypoint 15.

I think of those, the Waypoint 15 is the rarest.

Me personally, an 1877 Indian Head penny...wait, wrong kind of coin.

Dhobby v.1

My first "keeper" geocoin was a Series 1 Moun10Bike Coin, presented to me by the owner after a day of geocaching on Whidbey Island in Washington. A highlight of one of my best geocaching days ever. Not a bad start to a small collection that has grown to about 20 coins without a single online transaction, and without keeping a single coin that had instructions to travel.

Ahhh, the old-fashioned way. It was fun for me then.

My rarest geocoin I have in my collection is the first geocoin I ever found, the "I don't wanna and you can't make me" geocoin :D . I found it in NM.This is a little known about geocoin :ph34r: . Moun10bike saw one of them at the Gig Harbor cache machine this past year when I showed him my then small collection of geo stuff.

"I don't wanna and you can't make me " are my first geocaching friends I ever made. Their parents are Toady and Froggie from Las Cruces,NM :ph34r: . They make hand made geofrogs as their signature trade item. Look up their profiles sometime :D .

Edited by Cav Scout

The Groundspeak Project (Square)

*The Shadow*

Each had 50 made.

Tokens and wooden nickels are a different story:

Probably Lost Dubloons Inc tokens (5 made)

Seventh Son Wooden Nickels (I have all three, so far...)

I agree that my 1queen&4jokers tokens are very rare too.

Edited by Rupert2

*The Shadow*

Each had 50 made.

Rupert2 is going to own a Geocaching coin that only five were made but he doesn't know it yet......

:rolleyes:

*The Shadow*

Each had 50 made.

Rupert2 is going to own a Geocaching coin that only five were made but he doesn't know it yet......

OOPS, now that a low quantity gets brought up how can I forget my Silver UTAG. I have #1 of only ten that where made.

*The Shadow*

Each had 50 made.

Guess he does now :lol:

I have the only gold Vargseld / Team Proline coin that exists. :rolleyes:

Well I keep getting reminded, I have the only Shiny Gold TNT coin that was minted, non numbered with my name engraved on it from the mint ( thank you Tess :lol::lol: ).

Well I have the only gold Vargseld / Team Proline coin AND the New York proof. Now stop going any higher, because I don't have anything else lol. :lol:

I have the only gold Vargseld / Team Proline coin that exists. :rolleyes:

Well I keep getting reminded, I have the only Shiny Gold TNT coin that was minted, non numbered with my name engraved on it from the mint ( thank you Tess :lol::lol: ).

Well I have the only gold Vargseld / Team Proline coin AND the New York proof. Now stop going any higher, because I don't have anything else lol. :lol:

ROFLMAO

A 1909 S Indian Head cent XF RD    Seriouly though (and OnTopic)  I think the OIFGA Gold Coin is the rarest.  Maybe the 3Costgoguys coins are close though.

I have the 09-S in AU :rolleyes:

All I need is the 67 & 71 and my set will be complete.

My rarest geocoin would be the Emerald Valley Cachers in gold tone. only 50 made.

Red-Handed gold (only 1 - made as a sample coin). I count it as rare because there are 600 regular ones out there and only one of these.

I don't have any of the "big" coins though. Which is okay by me because the only coins I seem to really like are the ones I get from the "creators/cachers" themselves (strange as it sounds, I would sincerely move a Moun10Bike ver1 to a new cache rather than collect it -- unless I traded with Moun10Bike for one).

So, it may be awhile before I can claim anything "rare" -- because I am sure that the really rare ones are rare because they really are gone from the hands of the creators.

I would have to say- 2 of the 40 error michigan coins that made it out of the press and into the mailbox- the error was they mistakenly pressed duplicate numbers on some and I got 2 in the mail- but was told to just keep them and file the numbers off-and they sent me 2 new ones--I just covered the numbers with a little label tape..

The newest "RARE" coin on the block.

Moun10Bike 2005 Christmas Coinament

I would have to agree with you Cent5, this is a great choice, and it is one of my favorite coins as well.

However being on the ACD 2005 team with you, my ACD 2005 GeoCoin is very near & dear to my heart, along with the new friends that I made on that trip.

So I have three favorites, and the Moun10Bike Christmas Coin is probably the rarest.

Edited by Lowrider71