Logorrhea \law-guh-ree-uh\, Noun:

sept1c_tank

(Dictionary.com Word of the Day)

The verbosity of my cache logs may vary from “Tanks, for the memories!” to a five or ten-paragraph description of how the 1,000 invisible, sneaky sheep foiled my find attempt.

I have been privileged to read many descriptive logs (some may even have been bogus) and even to write a few. There are some who are even famous for their logorrhea.

I love it when someone writes paragraphs when logging one of my caches; I’m sure most cache owners savor those kinds of logs.

The topic here is not a question of your wordiness, nor is it about others who may have left some steaming logs in one of your caches. My question is: when you log a find, note, DNF, etc., do you feel it is a chore or an effort, or do you experience exhilaration and satisfaction (writing the log).

To get things rolling, for me, logging is a chore if I have found the caching experience to be unsatisfying, and logging is usually a creative outlet when the experience is a good one. :)B)

To get things rolling, for me, logging is a chore if I have found the caching experience to be unsatisfying, and logging is usually a creative outlet when the experience is a good one.  B)  B)

Logging has just become a chore period as my life has gotten more complicated.

I too am guilty of "logorrhea" from time to time. Usually, the more I like a cache the more I'll write. I find that to be true of most other's logs on my best hides.

Here's my log on Deserted Islands:

This entry is rated PG13:

I stood at the opening to that place (I wouldn't call it an entrance, for entrance implies an eventual exit.) thinking, 'If I was on a movie screen right now, there would be someone in the theater yelling for me not to go in there!' I'll say this: 'If there is a house back there somewhere, at least one room is wallpapered with human skin.'

Let's back up a bit: I parked at the smoke shop at about 11:40; right under the sign; taking my chances that the fuzz would be at one of their usual night spots. I work with cops a bunch and they are creatures of habit just like me. (Now go back and read that first part.)

Standing at the opening in the dark, that space looked like a great big mouth waiting to swallow me. I took my heater out of my pack and put it in my pocket. I took my Night Vision out and turned it on and started in and then stopped. Low clouds means no moon and no stars to give ambient light to the device. Doh! I could see from side to side, but not down the road. There was nothing for the internal illuminator to bounce off of. I worked the problem out by shining my flashlight down the road in short bursts. I could see only marginally further. That got every firefly in the place going though. They must have thought I was the mother biggest firefly they ever saw and they all wanted some. There musta been hundreds. It was really cool.

Anyhooo, so I'm walkin down the road enjoying the fireflies and scheming to yank everyone’s chain in my post. So I get to the spot where my GPS zeros out and start my search, everything's okay and I find it in about 5 min. So, I trade 2 new calculators, 2 sets of earplugs, and my signature night raid item (A glow in the dark dinosaur this time) for a red bandana, the Cheep Cheep TB, and a CD. (Ugh country music. That cover was false advertising, it's destined for the Juke Box cache) The time is now 11:58pm.

At just before midnight a swarm of mosquitoes descended on me like the Geritol Set descends on the buffets in Las Vegas, sweat started pouring in my eyes and I heard......something. I quickly tried to take a pic with the cache camera. Sorry, SigJ, I wasted 2 shots before I figured out the flash and then I heard... something further off. I quickly covered everything up and started out after putting my heater and the NV back in my pack and getting my keys out for a quick getaway. I knew the lay of the land and didn't so much as stumble the whole way out. I used my flashlight only to incite the fireflies...until.....I came across the big water filled pothole with a wet tire track headed out. (South) That was very disconcerting because only minutes earlier I had been at the same spot and....THERE WAS NO FREAKIN MUDDY TRACK THERE!!! No panic...I train people to respond rather than react and practice the same. My tape was runnin at that point. No time to get strapped again, so I just headed OUT!........................................................ Then, within sight of the creepy overgrown entrance sign....SOMETHING....LARGE....Dropped to the ground with a thud that I could feel through the soles of my shoes. It ran crashing through the brush for a short distance and stopped cold. I had a complete primal reaction: Every hair on my body became a stiff wire. Every vein and capillary dilated and every muscle tensed. MY heart slowed rather than raced. (I think my hangy downies sucked up into my body cavity as well.) I was in a fighting crouch without realizing it. The only thing that got my feet moving was the realization that my last meal would have been from Taco Bell. I walked rather stiffly to my car about 250 yards away. I had planned at least 2 more caches for the night. Instead, I just went home and didn't sleep well.

Again, I double dog dare anyone to do that cache at night. Get a friend to stand at the opening and try it by yourself. I deserve a medal (or a dunce cap) for this one!!!

Sn :)  :D gans

Read heater as GUN.

Edited by Snoogans

I enjoy reading fun and interesting logs of my cache hides and try to make my find logs as interesting as I feel the hide merits.

Contemplating the text of a log for an enjoyable cache I've just done is one of my favorite things. While hiking a trail to the next find I often mull over in my mind what I will say in the log.

Pardon me for venting a little here, but one of my pet peeves is to receive a log for one of my hides which says something like: "found this one for the coin quest game. tftc," I am not presuming any of my hides deserve a long winded paragraph of accolades but I would perfer a simple "Thanks for the hide" to the implication that they had an ulterior motive for logging the find.

B)

Pardon me for venting a little here, but one of my pet peeves is to receive a log for one of my hides which says something like: "found this one for the coin quest game. tftc,"  I am not presuming any of my hides deserve a long winded paragraph of accolades but I would perfer a simple "Thanks for the hide" to the implication that they had an ulterior motive for logging the find. 

B)

OK. You're pardoned, but dude get some coffee. :):D

This is 2 threads of bashing coin collectors.

Geo Coin collecting is an activity for collector types who have become bored with regular Geocaching but are not quite ready to completely give up the sport.

What gives? Who cares what their motive was? If they took the time to find your cache and sign the log there's nothing wrong with that. They are playing their game the way they see fit.

"Everyone plays their own game. There is no sense in trying to police another's mindset as long as it falls within the general parameters of the game." Me (quoting myself from the poll that I posted on 10/23/03.)

"Failure is a hard pill to swallow until you realize the only failure you can really have in this sport is the failure to enjoy yourself."

TotemLake 4/26/04

Edited by Snoogans

I was quite uncomfortable mentioning the Coinquest in logs (sorry this isn't the OT, but a response to Indotguy) but it was a REQUIREMENT of the caching place for playing the game. A bit late I noticed some folks using the cryptic, but effective, logged as per TCP (the caching place). Also they probably DID have an "ulterior motive" for seeking your cache - ie, it met a coinquest requirement. BUt folks always cache for their wown motives.

OT, my logs have gotten shorter (mostly) but I do take and post pictures for almost every walking/hiking in the woods cache.

I break it down by the amount of time spent searching, amount of angst caused, and my mood at the end of the find, is directly proprotional to the size of my log.

Just the same ole' "Thanks for the cache" most likely means a cache and dash. But if you see me breakin out in paragraphs and long sentances, it was a cache that I either really enjoyed, or spent a signifigant portion of my day dealing with either through hunting or puzzle solving. I figure if a hider takes the time to put out a great cache, it deserves a good log. Walmart parking lot hide? Not so much, unless that is, it is very crafty.

Logorrhea! I have been diagnosed with this condition often! B)

As a cache owner, I really enjoy reading the logs that are posted. I try to place my caches in historically significant locations and try to share the history and local lore of each location. I love it when a finder gets excited enough about a cache site I have chosen to take the time to write about it, or shares an experience that happened while they were finding the cache. And I really enjoy the photos that some finders take the time to post!

In return, I try to write meaningful and descriptive logs for the caches I find, so the cache owners know how much I appreciate their cache and the time and effort they put into hiding it. I also try to include details about the cache, like it's condition and the accuracy of the coordinates, for the benefit of the cache owner.

Regarding the Coin Quest contest (I won Coin #51!), yes, I mentioned in my logs that the cache met the requirements of the contest, because we were asked to add that to our logs. And I will admit that there are caches I chose specifically because they met the requirements of the contest. But when I visited these cache locations, I also took the time to appreciate them, just as I would any other cache. The contest expanded my cache experience and made me look at other caches in the area that I may not normally have considered.

I also like to go back to a cache page and remember what a particular cache I visited was like. I appreciate my own descriptive logs even more a couple years later! I was talking to someone yesterday about the first cache I ever found. This morning I went back to that cache page and re-read my first log. It made me remember the beauty of the place and the feelings of excitement of finding my first cache all over again!

What a nice way to start the day! :)

I'm not usually too verbose in my logs. Sometimes they are simple statements, sometimes a bit more elaborate, but usually not more than a paragraph or two. In about a third or more, I post a photo or two. But always, or nearly always, I say thanks for the cache, and I truly mean that.

I like well-crafted logs, can't stand cache-speak abbreviations, and am not impressed by length of the log only; a long-winded log can be just as mundane as "TFTC". But, hey, if someone comes to visit one of my caches, that is good, whatever he or she writes.

9b18c5a8-0a80-4d08-8a53-2bbc4b9c9e27.jpg

Edited by Metaphor

Logging is one of my favorite aspects of the game. I tend to write at least a paragraph for even the most common caching; but for most caches I write 2-4 paragraphs. I always think what I would want to hear if I were cache owner. I would NOT want to hear: "TNLN SL TFTC". I usually include weather, why I chose to do the cache, number on the day, how the hike went, anything special about the find, condition of cache, and a deatiled T/L log.

Not only do I do it for the cache owner; but I often go back to the logs myself to re-read about the experience.

I enjoy writing logs accounting for my experience. Sometimes I will start off on how I discovered the cache, the trip, the search and any other irrelevant fluff that fills in the space. Some are better than others and some are found it - thanks for the fun. It all depends on how I feel when I begin and the results I am trying to achieve. Do I want to scare everyone from trying the cache? Do I want to let everyone know how easy it was? Do I want a quickey? I don't know until I sit down and start typing - my thoughts go from there. I always end with thanks for the fun - why because I am having fun even if the micro was lame and the log was a soggy pile of pulp, I still had fun. Is it a chore – no? I would rather tell my story on the cache page than in the log book – let everyone know how I managed at the cache. The logbook – simply my name, date and time. I feel the cache logs are better for accounting for my experience and sharing with others to enjoy or hate.

Mine also increase in length with the fun-ness/un-fun-ness of the cache. This morning I had a cache-n-dash in a neighborhood park that wasn't bad, but it wasn't extremely outstanding or memorable. Now, yesterday's cache was at dawn, in fresh snow, with clear skies, so the morning light was beautiful for photography, and there were a number of decoy caches (all of which were hard to find under 4" of snow). That got more verbage. I like posting pictures, too. I used to think people didn't care about pictures, but a lot of people seem to like them.

I enjoy writing about the caches. I usually write alot, mainly because i also write my own journal on my finds. My journal writing is alot slower than my geocaching speed, so i tend to write alot and in detail, so i can recall those little things that i would have otherwise forgotten, for my hand written journal.

My online find tends to get longer and more descriptive with caches that involve exciting mishaps, long hikes, animal sitings, and changes in geography, etc. There is one cacher that i sometimes cache with that likes to explore abandoned places, or anything otherwise interesting that he finds on the topo map, making a side trip detour, which always makes a cache hunt very interesting.

I write a unique log for every cache, instead of a copy/ paste for each cache, even if I have done many that day.

If it's a drive up micro, you'll probably get TFTC, unless it was unique in some way.

I'll post longer logs for more interesting hunts, and if something really cool happened I might post about that.

I enjoy writing long logs for really good caches, a nice solid paragraph for the majority of caches, and at least SOMETHING by way of feedback and thank-you for even the quickest and easiest of caches. If I have nothing much to say, I will write a little poem or something, just to be different. If I really liked the cache, I've been known to bump up against the size limit and spill over into a second log. THAT is a true test of whether you suffer from Logorrhea!

I also enjoy reading nice story-type logs on my caches. That is a big reason why I hide them. I like to hear what others thought of the hike and hunt that I wanted them to experience. As others have noted, I am disappointed by the trend of "TNLNSL, TFTC" logs. Here's a recent entry on one of my caches that I set up to provide a scenic view of Pittsburgh's three rivers:

Illegally parked, illegally peed, and then spotted the cache to save the day & got back to the car before it was towed.  Using this for the Coin Quest.

People don't even say "thanks for the cache" anymore. :ph34r:

For me log length is usually an indicator of how much of a hurry I was in when I was writing the log. I try to write long logs about the hide, the hunt, the stupid things I/we did while on the trip.

If I'm in a hurry when writing the logs you'll get something shorter. I seldom--if ever--use the abbreviations. If I do, that's probably a bad sign. :ph34r:

Bret

I don't even know what the coin quest is. But maybe I can log "using this cache for the coin quest" as an alternative to DPM :ph34r:

Well, I googled Coin Quest and nowhere do I see a requirement to put "using for coin quest" in your cache log. I could see logging "I visited this cache in order to meet one of the requirements for Coin Quest. This was the best caching experience I ever had. The cache placement was a real suprise. Thanks for placing this cache and thanks to Coin Quest for the incentive to find a cache of this type". If on the other hand the cache was nothing special, you could just write "Using for the Coin Quest" :ph34r:

The game rules require that you mention the Coin Quest game in each log submitted to fill the game requirements. So, just like the proliferation of "TNLNSL" logs, I am now seeing "Used for Coin Quest" spreading like a fungus in the brief cache logs being entered lately. If simply placed at the end of a nice story like a regular log, it wouldn't be so bothersome.

I'd like to suggest we come up with an alternative term for the practice of writing lengthy logs both physically or online, before this one takes hold. From all the posts to this thread, and my personal experiences-one is usually a pleasant experience, the other is usually NOT. :ph34r:

Plus, one is full of logs, the other rarely is. :ph34r:

Back OT, I rarely write novels, or even short stories, but try to make it a unique entry that will make everyone involved smile, and enjoy reading about my experience. I may not always say TFTC-but you can usually tell from my choice of words that it's implied.

PS-for caches that put forth minimal effort in placement I used to say TNLNSL, but some took offense to that, so I just say "found it" now instead.

Edited by wimseyguy
The game rules require that you mention the Coin Quest game in each log submitted to fill the game requirements. 
When writing your log on the geocaching web site please state in your log that you are logging this cache as a requirement for the Coin Quest game.

Guess I missed this when I looked before. And its even bolded.

I'd like to suggest we come up with an alternative term for the practice of writing lengthy logs both physically or online, before this one takes hold...

But logorrhea is a real word (and a good one). Just because it reminds you of unpleasant experiences doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. Anyway, if you have logorrhea (apparantly), the words just seem to flow, and that's what this topic is about. Do the words flow for you or does it require a rigid constitution and discipline (and work) to produce a log ? :ph34r::D:ph34r:

I may not always say TFTC-but you can usually tell from my choice of words that it's implied.

PS-for caches that put forth minimal effort in placement I used to say TNLNSL, but some took offense to that, so I just say "found it" now instead.

YEP. Same here. TFTC is almost cut and past to me. If my tone in a log is vanilla, (cheap store brand vanilla) you can bet the cache experience wasn't stellar and you'll prolly see TFTC in some form, at the end of the log.

Any other type of log will leave no doubt that thanks is implied even if I don't say it. :ph34r: BTW - If I take time to write more than Snoogans wuz here in a log book, that cache is special to me.

So I'm geting the impression that TFTC no longer means "Thanks for the cache" but rather means "I was to lazy to write a good log."

No, it means...

- I have nothing spectacular to say about your cache

- Forgive me please, I am not a skilled wordsmith.

- I have 128 caches to log for today and I can't remember anything spectacular about this one.

And to some of us, it really does mean "thanks for the cache"

But logorrhea is a real word (and a good one).  Just because it reminds you of unpleasant experiences doesn't mean everyone sees it that way.  Anyway, if you have logorrhea (apparantly), the words just seem to flow, and that's what this topic is about.  Do the words flow for you or does it require a rigid constitution and discipline (and work) to produce a log ?  :ph34r:  :D  :ph34r:

Yeah, it is a very creative word ... I especially like how it parallels writing with a rather nasty bowel movement. :D It does however paint a negative picture. Anything with 'orrhea' at the end of a word can't be good ... :D

Edited by clearpath

One of my better ones. The better the time had on the cache, the longer the log..for sure. I love writing logs.

May 1 by Two Geeks and a GPS (316 found)

The Jeff and Wendy Metropark Geocache Extravaganza II

4/30/05 – Lazy Saturday, had too much to drink Friday night. Check our email (unshowered and in boxers), some geofriends have asked for us to wait for them to do B&G IV and mention the 13 park challenge. WHAT!? We had no warning, no notice! What are we gonna do? Mrs. Geek has prior engagements and anyway, it’s too late to start now. The plan is set in motion for Sunday……..make sandwiches for the trip, CHECK. Get pop, water, victory beer, CHECK. Pack several changes of clothes for several different weather scenarios, CHECK. Gas up the rig. CHECK. Download info to PDA, CHECK. Batteries and misc. gear (FLASHLIGHTS!), CHECK. Go to bed early, no boozing, CHECK

5/1/05

6:00am: Awaken

6:30am: Leave house (remember to put dog door in!)

7:00am: Arrive at local fast food joint for a “Royal” breakfast sandwich and processed potato discs, w/ coffee…..mmmmmm.

7:30am: Arrive @ Delhi early, gates are open, find cache quickly. Geeks have interGeek squabble (as per usual) over bothering w/ coins. Mrs. Geek wins (as per usual), find coin at 7:43am

7:55am: Arrive @ Dexter-Huron, gates open, find cache quickly. Several deer carcasses in various stages of decay, we search every one – GPSs are very jumpy. Coin is found at 8:00am

8:10am: Arrive @ Hudson Mills, have flashbacks of the Kensington Bike race of last year as March of Dimes Walk-a-thon is starting. Not so bad, take one wrong start but find cache at 8:25, coin at 8:30. Never knew about this section (where cache was).

8:33: Arrive @ Huron Meadows. No easy way to cache (parking). Found cache after hiking around a large waterway. Met a cacher (Smiles something or other, walking fast, on a mission) Coin was very near car. Spied a couple sandhill cranes on the 9th fairway… birdies? eagles? albatross? turkey? (oops, bowling!)

9:38am: Arrive @ Kensington. [No bike races, no bike races, no bike races, fingers crossed] Whew! Found cache at 10:05am. We didn’t know there were wells here?! Found coin at 10:37am, certain animals thought we were crazy!

11:30am: Arrive @ Indian Springs. Park about 3 ft from coin! Find cache at 11:44am, missed Clatmandu by about an hour. Very tricky on the cache….you know what we mean! Eat lunch.

1:20pm: Arrive @ Stoney Creek, is there an easy way to get here from Indian Springs? Those washboard dirt roads were killer! Wow this looks familiar (the hike).Another interGeek squabble about where to go. Mrs. Geek wins (and was right !@#^&*). Find cache at 1:45pm, coin at 2:00pm. Made friends w/ a grouse, see pic.

2:20pm: Arrive @ Wolcott Mill. “This should be easy!” Forgot this was Bill & Gary’s domain! (see pics). Tricky, tricky – you guys need to be more forthcoming on the cache page, LOL! Find cache at 3:30. Coin is a no-go. Searched for quite some time before parks people stop and help us. Coin is not where they think it is, may be gone. We don’t think it would have been there (an old B&G spot?). Mr. Geek reminds Mrs. Geek that he didn’t want to bother with the coins, turns out, he was right. A lot of time has been wasted. (to be continued)

[view/edit logs/images on a separate page]

[upload an image for this log]

May 1 by Two Geeks and a GPS (316 found)

The Jeff and Wendy Metropark Geocache Extravaganza II (cont.)

5:00pm: Find Metro Beach Cache….are you kidding!? Almost lost Mrs. Geek to Lake St. Claire! I don’t think a dry way is possible! (see pics) Whatever you do, don’t take our way! Found way easier way out (still get wet!) Skipped coin.

6:40pm: After many accidents on the highway (not us) and a huge storm, find the Lake Erie MP cache. Cache was very close to fishing muggles. Mrs. Geek signed the log while Mr. Geek distracted the muggles. (I told them, I was fishing and they looked at me weird. As I didn’t have any fishing gear, I told them I left it further down the bank, and my pants were wet because I fell in (see Wolcott, and Metro for pics), they eventually saw me walk to the car w/ Mrs. Geek …..but no fishing gear!)

7:24pm: Oakwoods. Nice easy find. No time for coins.

7:40pm: Willow. Looked and looked to no avail. Mrs.Geek losing steam, fast. Quit to try Lower Huron before dark. A frantic call to the office to confirm that we have until ten. Office person doesn’t have any help for the “Stonewalled” cache.

8:31pm: Lower Huron. Train difficulties waste valuable time. Nice easy find. Mrs. Geek is VERY cranky. We did see A LOT of deer on the way.

9:30: Willow. We give up. We failed. Tried again in the dark (hoping Tupperware reflects light!). Mrs. Geek stayed in car. Drove home hoping to find that nobody had found it, and it might be missing……Those darn Walkabouts found it! !@#$%^&*! LOL

The totals: 15 ½ hours, 12 caches, 300 miles, one tank of gas, 8 ham & cheese sandwiches, 8 cans of Pepsi (Mr. Geek alone!), and many interGeek squabbles! Surprisingly it only rained while we were in transit and not in the field.

The Verdict: You got us! All in all, we think the caches were quite a bit harder, and more challenging this year. We had a great time. In retrospect, we should have left the coins alone (Mr. Geek was right!)

Stoney and Wolcott were the time eaters and the Metro muck sucked the life out of Mrs. Geek, what is that stuff on the banks of the lake? It’s not really mud but detritus of some sort. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks are a great organization and we thank them for their efforts. We are distraught and disappointed over our failure (you wouldn’t believe how much!). We will find the Willow cache. I now sit here typing this with my “victory” beer, nay, my “self pity” beer and can only think one thing:

A bad day geocaching (figuratively speaking, of course!) is better than a good day at work – live by it! Cache on.

On this cache:

Metroparks Challenge '05

Bill & Gary's Excellent Adventure IV

Also a good cache, with good logs

Edit: to add links

Edited by Two Geeks and a GPS

Writing in the physical log book is always a chore. I have bad handwriting; the book is too small; the pencil is broken; my fingers are freezing; muggles are approaching, and so on. I generally just write "Team Everitt found it".

The on-line logging, which comes later in the warm afterglow of a day spent in the woods, is a pleasant and satisfying experience. My level of wordiness in the on-line log depends on how much I liked the cache, whether the find was eventful, and whether I want to leave information that may be useful to the owner or subsequent finders. My on-line logs are almost always longer than my logbook entries.

Writing in the physical log book is always a chore. I have bad handwriting; the book is too small; the pencil is broken; my fingers are freezing; muggles are approaching, and so on. I generally just write "Team Everitt found it".

The on-line logging, which comes later in the warm afterglow of a day spent in the woods, is a pleasant and satisfying experience.

Well said, and we are the same way!

I write a log based upon my experience during the hike and search for the cache. So the more interesting or challenging the cache the more I tend to write.

Who wants to see "I got out my care walked past lots of trees and rocks then found cache and walked back to car passing more trees and rocks."

While the cache might still be a GOOD cache, if the search was typical then I usually just leave a short note. This is not by any means mean it was boring just nothing to report that was exciting.

Not every cache out there can be a heart pounding experience.

Edited by pcfrog

I see quite a few posts in here about 'TNLN, SL' & 'TFTC'. I use them in almost every log but I use them because they provide the quickest way of getting both messages across. I like abbreviations. I don't think anyone can read the abbriviated notes that I make to myself- heck, even I can't tell what they say sometimes.... So don't read something negative into my (or others) use of them just because you or someone else uses them dismissively or derogatorily.

No, it means...

- I have nothing spectacular to say about your cache

- Forgive me please, I am not a skilled wordsmith.

- I have 128 caches to log for today and I can't remember anything spectacular about this one.

And to some of us, it really does mean "thanks for the cache"

BLESS YOU SADIE!!!

It's so true - not everyone is blessed with the gift to write a wonderfully ebullient log about every find. I figure my rather terse logs are there to make the truly gifted loggers' entries shine :rolleyes: .

oooo I'm glad most don't mind wordy logs. I've been known to have fun w/words after the exciting fun of finding caches.... and sometimes there's a little silverwolfe story... check out my logs for icarus & champoeg caches, or the great bend traffic circle cache, or odders swim event.... (don't know how to put those handy little links that just say 'here'....).

I tend to write short bits in the actual log (bad handwriting, small spaces, and sometimes trying to not be obvious), but have wordy fun online....

On a day w/lots of caches, there might be shorter 'stories', but usually I try to write something...... I appreciate the caches, and sure enjoy finding them!! :)

aaa wooooo..... silverwolfe is finally winding down for the night, ready to tuck her tail over her face to keep the cold eastern wind from biting her nose, knowing her feet will be twitching in her dreams as she looks for that last DNF one last time.... :D

Edited by silverwolfe

I also tend to reflect the thought and effort that went into the cache placement.

Clever hides, clever containers, gorgeous spot? I am effusively, effervescently loquacious.

Guard rail key box at Mart-Mart? TFTC

I also completely agree with the delightfully expressed cache log versus online log comments. The hidden one often gets only a date and a sticky label, or severely adumbrated notes. I doubt anyone but the owner reads that log anyway - and he/she has already read the ebullient online ones, too.