Coins I Want...

nfa

Hey the DNF coin is a cute idea. I hope somebody runs with that one!

Thanks AtlantaGal It would be a great idea although if someone does I want royalty fee's like a black nickle version a gold version and a silver version. And I am sure you reconize that icon for when you don't find a cache.B)

Mystery ink, why can't you run with it??? If you don't want to do it just say so, and I am sure I could put something together and make it a reality. Just say so.

Hey the DNF coin is a cute idea. I hope somebody runs with that one!

Thanks AtlantaGal It would be a great idea although if someone does I want royalty fee's like a black nickle version a gold version and a silver version. And I am sure you reconize that icon for when you don't find a cache.B)

Mystery ink, why can't you run with it??? If you don't want to do it just say so, and I am sure I could put something together and make it a reality. Just say so.

OOPS, I guess I should read the whole thread before posting.

There is a geocacher who can probably help out with geocoins here. They have made some cool geocoins like the Hawaii, Pineapple, Deputy Cahcher, Mr Muggles, and some others. They could probably help out with the state coins that no one has made yet.

Hope you're kidding. That person won't offer their coins at a set price to the caching community in the first place. Why would anyone want to encourage him to make more?

B)

There is a geocacher who can probably help out with geocoins here. They have made some cool geocoins like the Hawaii, Pineapple, Deputy Cahcher, Mr Muggles, and some others. They could probably help out with the state coins that no one has made yet.

Hope you're kidding. That person won't offer their coins at a set price to the caching community in the first place. Why would anyone want to encourage him to make more?

B)

I would think that Kirkalnd Explorer would be to busy to design another coin.

We have a coin almost identical to this on the Geocoinclub concept survey.

As long as he didnt come up with the idea after seeing yours, I see no problem with him doing the coin. There are a couple of coins I have seen put out which I said to myself, 'I was thinking of something along those lines' but since someone else put it out, didnt persue it.

Of course, maybe people should just make the Geocoins, have them come in, and post them. That way, people wont 'argue' over artwork.

Regards,

nielsenc

It would be a cheap coin to make... blue frowny on front in the sky blue shade. Add expoxy to front to snazz it up. 3D art on back with simply DNF. I'm in. Who wants to make a few hundred?

That could be a lot of fun to make :ph34r: hmmmm

T1

Do it!!!

I'd be hapy to be in. If we're taking dibs on numbers I want 63 and 79

If we are dibbing numbers, I want 99 for me. The other 2, whatever.

dnf.jpg

This one took me about 2 minutes to draw up but a simple DNF coin would be cool. :D

We have a coin almost identical to this on the Geocoinclub concept survey.

frownie.jpg

smilie.jpg

And the DNF side is the right color! Where do I get some? :ph34r:

(and to those that didn't get the PURPLE... they probably dont remember that until about a year ago... DNF frownies were ALWAYS purple!) It's NOT a monitor adjustment thing! :ph34r: )

Everyone... ok... oldtimers... all know that TRUE DNF's are PURPLE not Blue  :D

I was just thinking that! To me DNF means 'purple frownie.' :D Purple frownie on the cache page and blue frownie on my account page.

BTW save that frown image of one of your DNF'S and zoom in or make it bigger the only thing that gives it that look of purple is that darker blue ring around the frown it is actually light blue gotta love Ink Dropper and color codes 224, 240,255 :D.

but would this make you happy if I changed it to this? :D

dnffront.jpg

here is the original resized looks pretty light blue to me :D.

originalDNFIcon.jpg

Also think about it how do you feel when you get a DNF you feel blue, sad,bummed, that the one cache you couldn't find got away. You dont feel purple do you. :ph34r:

Actually now they aren't purple. :ph34r: open up MS paint and customise your color enter in this color code which is the same one as the icon 224, 240,255 it's completely on the other side of purple.

I thought for sure I'd see somebody wanting a Kealia coin.

Boo hoo!  :lol:

Who's picture will be on it? Yours, or HulaBum's? :lol:

Why both of course!

What, am I not good looking enough for a coin?!?!

And yes, I'd like to see an official Hawaii coin as well but I never see anybody from there on here....lots of transpalnts, though. :rolleyes:

actually I think I am gonna have to get it minted Marky said he will help me since it was my idea.

I'm in for 4!

Blue, Purple, Green Orange or Yella... either way, I think it's a cool idea!

It'd been nice if they could have been done in time for Christmas. :lol:

My bro-in-law got me into geocaching and then he just basically quit because I took more interest in it than he did and was finding more.

This would make for a really nice "jab" present!! :lol::rolleyes:

D-man :lol:

I would love to help with a Hawaii coin, as growing up (ok, 6 years) there and hula has made Hawaii and its culture very near and dear to my heart. Where are da local cachers?

I lived there for 93% of my life and you lived there for more than 7% of your life, so if we made a Hawaii coin, we could say it was made by cachers who lived in Hawaii for 100% of their lives. :P

But yeah, the cachers who still live in Hawaii don't seem to frequent the boards at all. Too busy caching in paradise, I guess.

I've already made a Bushwhacking geopin and now I'd like to add a coin as well. What do yall think? I'm going to try for tracking, but they may end up just being numbered.

* Edit

My dear hubbie just said someone hovers outside our forums to steal coin ideas, so I'm putting this one back in the vault.

:-(

Edited by Caching Widow
One of my wishes just came true. There's going to be an Ontario coin FROM Ontario. :laughing: I can't say anything else about it, though. :anibad:

You know you just can't see the point. Our coin was designed by 4 people 2 of which are Canadian and one does live there. The coins was brokered out of VA and made in China. So your are saying that no one outside of Ontario ( my home province, where my family lives) will have any say so on this coin and taint it? Do you have any input to it as you are in NY? Will it be made in Canada? Does a person have to live in a Ammo Can to make a Ammo Can coin?

I have yet to respond in a negative way to the comments that were made in the Canada forums outside the Canada forums, now you have to drag it over here.

I will go on the record again I requested from all 3 Ontario Geocaching Assn and none were doing a coin. I started a forum asking opinions what should be on a Ontario coin. We got some good responses and them we made a coin. Then all I received was flack from the same people who were intrested in the coin. Now the same ORG that spoke againist me asked for my opinios to assist them in making their Ontario coin. I am Canadian so I don't understand what your fuss is all about.

Give it a rest.

anthem.gif

More than a hundred percent if you count 10-20 days a year spent back home (in Hawaii) every year for the last 20 years! Seriously though, are we the only two? If we could just get a couple more people... (so we've lived there like 105%... ok that makes a lot of sense!, but I liked your thinking so much I couldn't help it!)

Is there a way to contact people off the site from a particular area? I'll track em down if there's a way!

edited because i can't spell this evening or put a coherent thought together either.

Edited by Hula Bum
More than a hundred percent if you count 10-20 days a year spent back home (in Hawaii) every year for the last 20 years!  Seriously though, are we the only two?  If we could just get a couple more people...  (so we've lived there like 105%... ok that makes a lot of sense!, but I liked your thinking so much I couldn't help it!)

Is there a way to contact people off the site from a particular area?  I'll track em down if there's a way!

edited because i can't spell this evening or put a coherent thought together either.

Here's a Hawaii geocaching site I used to check out but it's not visited too much:

http://www.lightfantastic.org/gps/

There's some activity in their forums but not too much. I don't think anyone from Hawaii's into geocoins. They'd probably think it was maika`i though.

Edited by Mauison
One of my wishes just came true. There's going to be an Ontario coin FROM Ontario. :laughing: I can't say anything else about it, though. :anibad:

You know you just can't see the point. Our coin was designed by 4 people 2 of which are Canadian and one does live there. The coins was brokered out of VA and made in China. So your are saying that no one outside of Ontario ( my home province, where my family lives) will have any say so on this coin and taint it? Do you have any input to it as you are in NY? Will it be made in Canada? Does a person have to live in a Ammo Can to make a Ammo Can coin?

I have yet to respond in a negative way to the comments that were made in the Canada forums outside the Canada forums, now you have to drag it over here.

I will go on the record again I requested from all 3 Ontario Geocaching Assn and none were doing a coin. I started a forum asking opinions what should be on a Ontario coin. We got some good responses and them we made a coin. Then all I received was flack from the same people who were intrested in the coin. Now the same ORG that spoke againist me asked for my opinios to assist them in making their Ontario coin. I am Canadian so I don't understand what your fuss is all about.

Give it a rest.

anthem.gif

Your points are all valid, but nothing at all will change the fact that the coin came out of Georgia.

As for the other one that's soon to be produced, no, I have absolulty nothing to do with it. That would be silly, seeing as I'm from NY and not even Canadian. All I know about this coin is what the person minting it told me.

This is a completely different Ontario geocoin than the group in Georgia made. I live in Ontario and the coin is designed, created and produced in Ontario. And I feel it only right that Ontario geocachers have 1st chance to get the coin, unlike the coin from the Georgia group where only 4 people from Ontario managed to get it.

This topic asks what coins the reader wants and I answered truthfully. I'll take a Canadian coin that was designed, created and produced IN Canada over one that came from the Unite States any day. :mad:

As I was preparing a bookmark listing for Pittsburgh I noticed that the PAGA has a great icon. How about a Pittsburgh Area Geocaching Association coin or an aka Steelers fan coin? :)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...1f-fb6022638203

I just looked at the link and found the icon that you are refering to and it would make a very nice coin/icon. If I were actually a football fan I would most diffinately be a Steelers fan.

I'd like to see a general CITO coin with that image of Signal where he has the trashbag slung over his shoulder. So if anyone from Groundspeak is reading, mention this to hydee. Mint them and sell them in the Groundspeak store. Coins would be gc.com trackable with a cito coin icon. I'm sure they'd be great sellers!

I'd like to see a general CITO coin with that image of Signal where he has the trashbag slung over his shoulder. So if anyone from Groundspeak is reading, mention this to hydee. Mint them and sell them in the Groundspeak store. Coins would be gc.com trackable with a cito coin icon. I'm sure they'd be great sellers!

Thanks AG!!

You owe me some sleep!! :(

Got this idea stuck in my head after reading your suggestion and had to make it so!

Just change the year out for each minting every year!! :D

If making them trackable, just add a block in one of the clear areas next to Signal for the tracking numbers. :D

2006_CITO_Coin.jpg

Edited by gridlox