Buy An Indy Diver Geocoin?

sirflapjack

Just to let everyone know I am trying to respond to all emails about the coin. Keep them coming. I have multiple offers ranging in trades for as many as 30 coins. I will keep in contact with everyone through email. As far as where I found it I can't remember the exact cache since I didn't relize what I had found, I didn't write it down. It was after a long day of caching in the brown county state park in indiana.

I am very new to this and only have one geocoin. Its an indy diver #095. I've noticed a lot of interest for this coin on the boards. Am trying to get feedback on what to do with it. Would it be worth putting on ebay or should I just keep it or trade. What would you do?

I wouldn't stand a chance getting this coin but either way I would say keep it. That way you know you have something very special. :unsure:

Just to let everyone know I am trying to respond to all emails about the coin. Keep them coming. I have multiple offers ranging in trades for as many as 30 coins. I will keep in contact with everyone through email. As far as where I found it I can't remember the exact cache since I didn't relize what I had found, I didn't write it down. It was after a long day of caching in the brown county state park in indiana.

Most of those caches you logged what you took and left. Plasic toys, whistles and homies. I am surprised the metal coin with the name of a local cacher on it made such a small impression that you never even mentioned it in any of your logs.

Don't listen to ANY of these people.

You MUST trade it right away!

I am the one it should be traded to ASAP!

I know what exactly needs to be done with it and will make sure it gets taking care of.

Don't listen to her.

I'm her Uncle, and you should trade it to me. I have the perfect place to display it.

:unsure:

I know what exactly needs to be done with it and will make sure it gets taking care of.

Don't listen to her.

I'm her Uncle, and you should trade it to me. I have the perfect place to display it.

Display it??? HA!

I will sleep with it in my hand every night and take it out to dinner maybe a movie once in awhile......

Don't listen to her.

Display it??? HA!

I will sleep with it in my hand every night and take it out to dinner maybe a movie once in awhile......

LOL that's all ? I would at least fondle it as well. :P

Wow I definately didn't realize what I had. With over 30 emails in two hours, I can barely keep up. I think some would trade their only child for this. I've even had two say they will drive to my house just to have the chance to hold it. Jeez!! Maybe I will just place it in another cache. .. . . .well maybe not. thanks for all of the advice and offers keep em coming.

Wow I definately didn't realize what I had. With over 30 emails in two hours, I can barely keep up. I think some would trade their only child for this. I've even had two say they will drive to my house just to have the chance to hold it. Jeez!! Maybe I will just place it in another cache. .. . . .well maybe not. thanks for all of the advice and offers keep em coming.

OMG you place it in another cache. ?? If you are just gonna give it away pass it this way. :unsure: But seriously keep it you found it.

I am very new to this and only have one geocoin. Its an indy diver #095. I've noticed a lot of interest for this coin on the boards. Am trying to get feedback on what to do with it. Would it be worth putting on ebay or should I just keep it or trade. What would you do?

Buy An Indy Diver Geocoin?...this is how this person started the thread!

I'm sure I'm gonna get hollared at for this but here goes...

Personally I think this person KNOWS what he/she has and wants to sell it other wise he/she would of labled the thread "What is an Indy Driver Geocoin" instead of "Buy An Indy Driver Geocoin?"

From what I understand EVERYBODY in ID knows who ID is and is Icon of sorts like Moun10Bike is in WA.

They also mention in his/her post about selling it on eBay.

sirflapjack - sorry up front is I've offended you but....this is just my take on your post

I'll go away now knowing I've made somebody mad it won't be the first time.

Pepper

I've even had two say they will drive to my house just to have the chance to hold it.

That's hysterical! :unsure::P:)

I say trade it for a bunch of coins or sell it on eBay.

You say you got it out of a cache. Well you see how much it is worth so I have to ask..... Did you trade fairly for it? :)

I've even had two say they will drive to my house just to have the chance to hold it.

That's hysterical! :);):D

I say trade it for a bunch of coins or sell it on eBay.

You say you got it out of a cache. Well you see how much it is worth so I have to ask..... Did you trade fairly for it? B)

Since they apparently didn't mention they took the coin in their find logs, I'm assuming the answer might be no. :P:PB):unsure::)

--Marky

I'd trade 272 coins for it :P ... let me get out my penny jar :unsure:

Honestly I'd love to have one, but no way would I get into a bidding war for it. There are too many collectors out there who obviously have more money than me. I'm thinking that maybe I can trade my collection for a Ferrari... I mean I have all 3 Moun10Bike coins... I'm not talking a new Ferrari I'd take an older 400i

I agree with a previous post. If you want to start trading and keeping some coins, you can get a good start with that as trade bait. If you want $$$ then go ahead and put it on Ebay.

Actually if you really were interested in trading it, just say so and put some sort of deadline on it and then the offers will really fly.

I'm thinking that maybe I can trade my collection for a Ferrari... I mean I have all 3 Moun10Bike coins... I'm not talking a new Ferrari I'd take an older 400i

Heck I'd probably trade all my coins for a nice 308GTS, which is pretty cheap for a Ferrari. I'd prefer an F50 or a 288 though. :P

Since they apparently didn't mention they took the coin in their find logs, I'm assuming the answer might be no.

People who take geocoins from caches without trading fairly for them need to be, in George Carlin's words, tied to chairs and beaten with hammers. :unsure:

You guys kill me. I'm like the geocaching dream story. Just started. . .. went to finish up some caches in the park. Find a geocoin but not sure thats what it is. Try to register it so I can track it but get no where. Read some blogs about geocoins, see that its on most people top five list. . . whoa. I almost put it in another geocache that day, but instead took it home to figure out if it was one of those so called coins. And here it is for your bidding. . . imagine that. ..wow!

You guys kill me.  I'm like the geocaching dream story.  Just started. . .. went to finish up some caches in the park.  Find a geocoin but not sure thats what it is.  Try to register it so I can track it but get no where.  Read some blogs about geocoins, see that its on most people top five list. . . whoa.  I almost put it in another geocache that day, but instead took it home to figure out if it was one of those so called coins.  And here it is for your bidding. . . imagine that.  ..wow!

Crazy like a fox eh!!!

I have one of them type coins as well.

I have one of the 1st 80,could have had 2,3,4 but I picked my lucky # 1st Missouri Coin.

I traded for it at an event with a friend.

No one then wanted to trade much ...but I bet I will get a flood of e-mails now....

Wanna trade?

Nah!! I will keep it as you should.

Even if you are a newbie.

my grammy had to be corrected

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

Indy Diver ran out of his coins a while ago ago and has said his new ones won't be out until at least spring, so this is quite a stroke of luck for sirflapjack if an original Indy Diver coin is indeed what he came across. sirflapjack, can you confirm that the item you have is metal (not a wooden nickel) and looks like this?

i have to go back through my notes and try and figure it out because i never wrote it down. i think it was look over ogle lake in brown county state park in indiana, but until someone reads this and says they put one in brown county i'm not for sure. I am sure that the person that placed it knows.

I will not be replying to emails until tomorrow morning, but anyone interested should email me. I already have most of you on my email list, but if you have not contacted me since the last group email pleae do so if seriously interested. Signing off

-sirflapjack, proud owner of Indy Diver Geocoin 095

I will not be replying to emails until tomorrow morning, but anyone interested should email me. I already have most of you on my email list, but if you have not contacted me since the last group email pleae do so if seriously interested. Signing off

-sirflapjack, proud owner of Indy Diver Geocoin 095

Is this the coin that has a hole in it that Indy Diver placed a TB tag on back then??