Unclaimed Categories Up For Grabs

There have been several categories created and subsequently abandoned by their respective submitters. If you are interested in managing any of the below please send an email to contact (at) Waymarking.com. Limit one category per waymarker. First come, first served.

Inukshuks

Ancient symbols of Inuit culture traditionally used as landmarks and navigation aids, these stone statues represent a human form with outstretched arms and serves as a well-known symbol of northern hospitality and friendship

Millenium Trees

Any variety of tree that was planted to commemorate the turning of the century.

Moving Bridges

A category for swinging bridges and draw bridges

Native American Trail Trees

Trail trees are trees that were modified by the American Aboriginal peoples in order to signify trails, campsites, or special locations (water supply, food, safety, etc.). Often these were oak saplings that are given a unique bend, usually pointed in the direction of the point of interest.

Ohio Historic Markers (please be from Ohio if you want this one)

In 2003 Ohio celebrated it's bicentenial. To honor this historic event the Ohio Bicentenial Commission has established a program of placing markers at many historic sites through out Ohio.

Quonset Huts

Quonset huts - those icons of WWII American ingenuity - can still be seen all over the world... although they aren't always immediately recognizable. Your mission: find one and tell us how it's being used today!

Sphinx Sculptures

Locate a sculpture, building, or anything that resembles the famous Egyptian and Sumarian guardian.

Please keep in mind that the category management system is likely to change in the near future. We ask that you be flexible with any changes that are made. Also, only the above information has been added to each of these waymark categories, so a little research and development on your part will be required before your category is ready to see the light of day.

Thanks!

Nate

I wrote 2 owners of 'Locationless Caches' the last 3 weeks and they replied that they had no interest of moving or proposing their category to 'Waymarking' and I would be welcome to 'Propose' them here.

Would they (if I submit them) be available to me or would someone else be asked to take them when and if they are acceptable, as I already have two 'Categories"?

Also, how many is too many or how many would one person be allowed to manage?

OpinioNate  Posted on Dec 5 2005, 12:20 PM
There have been several categories created and subsequently abandoned by their respective submitters. If you are interested in managing any of the below please send an email to contact (at) Waymarking.com. Limit one category per waymarker. First come, first served.

The "Waymarking" crew must be on holidays :blink: OpinioNate-bootron-Jeremy B) as there are no more answers forthcoming. :P

Sorry for the delay everyone. The new managers for these categories will be:

Moving Bridges - borospeti

Native American Trail - Team Neos

Quonset Huts - Ecocyclist

Crystal Sound - Ohio Historic Markers

Millenium Trees - Cedar Grove Seekers

Sphinx Sculptures - Chapterhouseinc

Inukshuks - Stagsroar

Thanks everyone for responding, and I'm sorry to others who didn't make the list. Chin up, we'll be allowing category creation soon!

To those above please look for a transfer request email shortly. Click the link to accept management and then take a moment to expand the category description and goals. I would also encourage you to add a few variables to further sub-define the waymarks submitted. Remember, anytime you think a sub-category should be created it will most likely be handled by a variable instead. Enjoy!

Nate

EDIT - Changed one username to the team name

Edited by OpinioNate
the sphinx race is on:

Mark Yours Here

and you Groundspeak guys keep it up. can't wait until the full release (post beta). and anticipate 2.0 will be out next january?

January is the target, but you know we don't like to make promises on release. I can say that almost all the goals we set have been accomplished for this next update so it's likely there will not be any major delays.

Thanks again everyone!

Nate