At Last ! The Uk Coin Is Shipping

SlytherinAlex

The first of the UK geocoins will be shipped today. Smack on time with the date promised.

They will go out in batches starting with single coins first and working through the week towards the multiples. Coins to the USA and Canada will go out first with the UK & Europe coins being shipped a week later.

Now this is where in need a little bit of co-operation from you guys. You will have seen with the new World Of Geocaching Geocoin Medaille that if coins are shipped from Europe it adds a big chunk to the price for shipping.

We have flown someone (my wife) out from the UK to Minnesota this week to ship the coins to the US and Canada. This keeps YOUR shipping cost down. The downside is that the UK people will get their coins almost a week after the US shipments.

Can I ask a big favour? PLEASE have some consideration for the advantage you have got here and don't put coins on Ebay until the folks in the UK have at least had chance to see and hold theirs. I know that they are your coins. You have bought and paid for them to do with what you like, so this is just a polite request - nothing else.

I hope you all enjoy your coins. Here is a picture. Not a good one, but proof that geocaching's longest awaited coin has finally been born.

2back.jpg

Is it really cheaper to fly to the U.S. and do the shipping than have them shipped from the UK?

Yes, it actually is. Just another example of how us Europeans get shafted by the world of commerce.

True exchange rate £1.00= $1.72

In practice as far as multi national corporations are concerned (ie DHL, FedEx, Garmin, Magellan, Amazon etc.....) £1.00 = $1.00

On 1,000 coins, you do the math. :lol:

And of course, my wife gets a free vacation in Minnesota, where it is currently 3F.

Alex.

Edited by SlytherinAlex
OOOOOO, can't wait, can't wait.  Was mine mailed, three coins?  HUH, please, please please.

Most of the ones and twos and a few of the threes went out yesterday.

The six and aboves are going today, because I printed the postage labels in the UK before she went and the post paid stickers were dated today.

Everything else will go tomorrow and that leaves her a clear day and a half to enjoy that crisp Minnestoa winter weather. :blink:;) She has had plenty of practice chipping ice off of windshields already. But I did lend her my Homer Simpson ice scraper mitt.

Edited by SlytherinAlex
Got a few of these today!  Great looking coins.  Thanks!  :D

Come on, you have had them an hour. Where are are pictures? :D

Alex.

I need the "Forums for Dummies" manual :ph34r: . If I knew how to post pics here, I would... Sorry! :ph34r:

We're in IL - not too far from MN, so it didn't take long to get them.

Edit: Ok, here goes...

UKfront.jpg

UK.jpg

The spot in upper right is the smudge of the coin #, not a defect. :D

Edited by Cache-Hounds

Received these really nice coins in today's mail.

I thought there was going to be an extra included that said "Don't sell this on eBay" and was engraved (if specified). Or did I hallucinate that whole thing? Addiction does odd things to the brain (as does age) so anything is possible.... :rolleyes:

I thought there was going to be an extra included that said "Don't sell this on eBay" and was engraved (if specified). Or did I hallucinate that whole thing?

I was just kidding about that.

It looks like UK coins were received yesterday in Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. We alre delivering them in State order. You guys in Wyoming are going to have a long wait. :):D:D

Alex.

Hey!!! What about Alaska???  :P

I forgot about Alaska. You will get yours next month. :D

a.

Yeah, he thought Alaska was part of Canada!!! :D

Eh??? :D

Guess it could be worse...could've been considered part of Russia , or an island off Mexico if one believes most maps :D.

At least it's warm enough this week (the positive side of freezing) that I won't have to warm the coins up before I can look at them :D.

Yeah, he thought Alaska was part of Canada!!!  :P

Eh??? :D

Guess it could be worse...could've been considered part of Russia , or an island off Mexico if one believes most maps :D.

At least it's warm enough this week (the positive side of freezing) that I won't have to warm the coins up before I can look at them :D.

Man, you guys are warmer than us. We're not going to get up to freezing today, although it is above zero. :D

Can't she just conjur another plane?

I hope she makes it home safely and soon!

I'm hoping that they can get her out to London tonight.

There are going to be a lot of unhappy UK geocachers on Saturday. There are three cache events planned where the UK coins were going to be unveiled. :laughing:

Edited by SlytherinAlex