San Diego Geocoin

DancesWithMoose

The last I spoke with PassingWind, there may only be a few hundred available for sale after the locals and clubs get there orders in.

Several people have coins to trade, so just in case, I would try to secure a trade.

Its pretty lame when a coin is made available to local cachers first so that they don't miss out on the coins, yet excess coins...from that same group are already hitting E-bay before the public at has the opportunity to buy them. :D I see 4 SD coins on E-bay right now, all from the same seller. How many extras did they buy just to sell on E-bay? :D

To me, the goal of offering pre-sales to local cachers is to give them first chance to obtain the coins in the event of a sell out. Seems several local cachers are taking advantage of that opportunity to line their own pockets. :ph34r: I guess it isn't against the rules if that restriction was never given to those locals buying the coins. However it does highlight very poor ethics on the part of those people. ;)

The last I spoke with PassingWind, there may only be a few hundred available for sale after the locals and clubs get there orders in.

Several people have coins to trade, so just in case, I would try to secure a trade.

Its pretty lame when a coin is made available to local cachers first so that they don't miss out on the coins, yet excess coins...from that same group are already hitting E-bay before the public at has the opportunity to buy them. ;) I see 4 SD coins on E-bay right now, all from the same seller. How many extras did they buy just to sell on E-bay? :D

To me, the goal of offering pre-sales to local cachers is to give them first chance to obtain the coins in the event of a sell out. Seems several local cachers are taking advantage of that opportunity to line their own pockets. :ph34r: I guess it isn't against the rules if that restriction was never given to those locals buying the coins. However it does highlight very poor ethics on the part of those people. :D

I haven't looked on ebay in a while, so I can't speak for the coins listed there. However, out of curiousity, I will check it out after I post this.

I did get my coins last week, and the only ones I sold were at-cost to cachers that were worried about missing out, so I ordered extra for them. I can't control when or if they decide to open up sales, and I can't control what others do with the coins once they receive them.

If you would have let me know, Jim or I would have been more than happy to cover what you needed.

Oh yeah...what "clubs" are you referring to?

Some of the groups that have been coming out with coins were kind enough to offer their coins to the San Diego buying group before the sales sites were announced. We had to place one large order rather than flood their site with individual emails.

To the best of my knowledge, that same courtesy was returned.

Its pretty lame when a coin is made available to local cachers first so that they don't miss out on the coins, yet excess coins...from that same group are already hitting E-bay before the public at has the opportunity to buy them. :lol: I see 4 SD coins on E-bay right now, all from the same seller. How many extras did they buy just to sell on E-bay? :mad:

To me, the goal of offering pre-sales to local cachers is to give them first chance to obtain the coins in the event of a sell out. Seems several local cachers are taking advantage of that opportunity to line their own pockets. :D I guess it isn't against the rules if that restriction was never given to those locals buying the coins. However it does highlight very poor ethics on the part of those people. :D

Boo Hoo Hoo.....isn't there a whining thread? :cry:

The coin was made for "San Diego" not for you and what you define good or bad "ethics" as, Geesh!

Edited by PassingWind

Its pretty lame when a coin is made available to local cachers first so that they don't miss out on the coins, yet excess coins...from that same group are already hitting E-bay before the public at has the opportunity to buy them. :lol: I see 4 SD coins on E-bay right now, all from the same seller. How many extras did they buy just to sell on E-bay? :cry:

To me, the goal of offering pre-sales to local cachers is to give them first chance to obtain the coins in the event of a sell out. Seems several local cachers are taking advantage of that opportunity to line their own pockets. :D I guess it isn't against the rules if that restriction was never given to those locals buying the coins. However it does highlight very poor ethics on the part of those people. :D

Boo Hoo Hoo.....isn't there a whining thread? :D

The coin was made for "San Diego" not for you and what you define good or bad "ethics" as, Geesh!

PW stayed home from work sick today.

Maybe he is on some medication that is making him cranky... :mad:

I am a group of 1, does that count :lol:.

I guess people on this board can stop giving Kirkland Geocoin a hard time about Ebay since the practice seems to be so prevalent.

225 items found for geocoin*

and for the past 3 weeks:

757 items found for geocoin*

Almost 1000 Geocoin listings in three weeks on ebay.

nielsenc

All you have to do is ask!

We're still trying to figure out the best way to sell the remaining coins that would include inventory control, maybe eBay?

If your a "purchasing group" please contact me if you have not been contacted.

PassingWind

(yes I was cranky..... :lol: )

You might contact Ladycacher and/or JM Bella and ask them for their thoughts since they have been the guinea pigs on selling at the E place.

From a buyng standpoint I loved buying in the dutch coin auctions because I knew instantly if I was in or not without having to wait around for someone to get back to me or wondering if it was oversold and I would be getting a refund.

Okay, here's the deal, since I'm sick of shipping these darn coins already, for you lovely cachers subscribed to this discussion, if you e-mail and use your sweetest e-manners, I'll send you the very special link where you can actually buy the San Diego coin. In advance, please DO NOT SHARE this link. I don't think I could handle a deluge of orders especially since our supply is dwindling. I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and have to send money back 'cause we over sold coins.

In addition, we will have a public release of the remaining coins on eBay within the next week. I'm shooting for Saturday. I will release the exact date and time in this forum in the next couple of days.

'Til then, I will be manning my e-mail. And I'd just like to say, I think we've done a great job with this coin. The people for whom it was made got first dibs and we didn't draw out sales for weeks before we hand it in hand. In most cases, you'll have your coins in your hot little hands within 5 days of payment. And I won't apologize for making a little profit, someone has to pay for PassingWind's geocoin addiction.

Edited by Caching Widow
Okay, here's the deal, since I'm sick of shipping these darn coins already, for you lovely cachers subscribed to this discussion, if you e-mail and use your sweetest e-manners, I'll send you the very special link where you can actually buy the San Diego coin. In advance, please DO NOT SHARE this link. I don't think I could handle a deluge of orders especially since our supply is dwindling. I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and have to send money back 'cause we over sold coins.

In addition, we will have a public release of the remaining coins on eBay within the next week. I'm shooting for Saturday. I will release the exact date and time in this forum in the next couple of days.

'Til then, I will be manning my e-mail. And I'd just like to say, I think we've done a great job with this coin. The people for whom it was made got first dibs and we didn't draw out sales for weeks before we hand it in hand. In most cases, you'll have your coins in your hot little hands within 5 days of payment. And I won't apologize for making a little profit, someone has to pay for PassingWind's geocoin addition.

I think people are just trying to understand or know when the coins will be available to the public. There are coins out there, like the Bay Area coins, which only sold to members. So there wont be an open sale to the public. Maybe a simple, these are only available to those in the San Diego area would have stop the questions.

And yes, tracking orders, sorting, packing, shipping, etc all takes time. It is easier to send 100 coins to a group than 100 coins to 100 different people.

If I am out bid, I will contact you.

Thanks.

nielsenc

The San Diego GeoCoin will make its public debut on Sunday Dec. 11 at 9a.m. PST on eBay. I will have 75* coins available in one auction and 25* coin/pin sets available in another. This is how we will sell the bulk remainder of our coin stock. Coins will be limited to 2 per buyer, so that more peope get a chance to buy them.

Thanks for all your patience and positive feeback about our design.

* May be more or less dependant on final coin tallies made on Saturday night.