Kansas Geocoin

Ladycacher

Here is the Auction Link.

Kansas Geocoin

This auction has been closed as of December 6th, 2005 at 9:05am central. Anybody that has not paid for their coins do so now please.

It has been decided that 300coins will be made in Antique Silver. NO PREORDERS here please. I will post more info this afternoon on how to get the AS Kansas coin.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

I find it interesting that this coin is taking so long to sell. After all, some coins have been known to sell out within 30 minutes these days. This one has been listed for a couple days already.

Anyone care to post some theories on why that is?

- LE coins are becoming so popular now that people don't want to bother with the regular edition any more

- it's Christmas season - have no money for geocoins

- don't like buying through eBay

- already hit your coin quota for the month - and it's only the 5th

- starting to get a stockpile of coins to trade, so only buying 1 or 2 of each new coin

Curious to know what others think.

My theory on why so many are left is that there are only about 12,000 people actually living in Kansas. Only about 100 of these are active geocachers. And of this number only 5 collect geocoins. They bought the first five coins that were offered. The rest of the coin buyers only WISH they could live in such a great state... :lol:

LMAO @ Hugh!

I'd say all the points you've mentioned junglehair do have merit and probably are some of the actual reasons, but the bottom line, IMO, is that 1200 is too many based on the amount of new coins available for purchase each week. 1000 total would have been a better number of total coins in a single metal.

My theory on why so many are left is that there are only about 12,000 people actually living in Kansas. Only about 100 of these are active geocachers. And of this number only 5 collect geocoins. They bought the first five coins that were offered. The rest of the coin buyers only WISH they could live in such a great state... :lol:

:D That's it right there!

If non-ebay people are not buying because of this. PLEASE let me know and I will end the auction now and switch to the site. It would not be a problem and ebay will not get any mroe money from me :mad: .

LMAO @ Hugh!

I'd say all the points you've mentioned junglehair do have merit and probably are some of the actual reasons, but the bottom line, IMO, is that 1200 is too many based on the amount of new coins available for purchase each week. 1000 total would have been a better number of total coins in a single metal.

It is not to late to make the remaining coins another metal.......Hmmmm......

LMAO @ Hugh!

or even 750 would have worked since you needed 1000 numbers and used 250 for an LE

LMAO @ Hugh!

or even 750 would have worked since you needed 1000 numbers and used 250 for an LE

This will be the last big order I do (and since I had never done one before I figured 1200 would sell). I am geting ready to do two series of coins that will be trackable and stuff. Then I am having a never made before coin being worked up now that will go on pre-order soon (it is cool). I am making 250 of each series and 300 of my other coin coming out. Lower numbers :lol: , but may still do the dutch auction thing for them.

If these don't start selling I will turn them into a different metal because I can't lose that much money out of my pocket, and that's bottom line, I don't care how much people may be upset. *IF* I did what metal should I go with?

(big, huge, IF)

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
If these don't start selling I will turn them into a different metal because I can't lose that much money out of my pocket, and that's bottom line, I don't care how much people may be upset.  *IF* I did what metal should I go with?

(big, huge, IF)

People wouldn't likely be upset, since you're making FEWER coins than they anticipated when they spent their money.

They'll of course be p-o'd when you sell the new metal at a time when they want to be caching/at church/asleep/etc... :lol:

Oh yeah - I am looking for a trade. I didn't buy any of the regular coins :D

Edited by pdxmarathonman
If these don't start selling I will turn them into a different metal because I can't lose that much money out of my pocket, and that's bottom line, I don't care how much people may be upset.  *IF* I did what metal should I go with?

(big, huge, IF)

People wouldn't likely be upset, since you're making FEWER coins than they anticipated when they spent their money.

They'll of course be p-o'd when you sell the new metal at a time when they want to be caching/at church/asleep/etc... :mad:

Oh yeah - I am looking for a trade. I didn't buy any of the regular coins :lol:

So 2 am is not good for you is that what you are saying :cry: ?

ROFL! :D

(big, huge, IF)

I've always been partial to silver colored coins - nickel, pewter, anything like that.

Edit to add:

I agree with pdxmarathonman - people would not likely be upset at the prospect of fewer coins being minted than was originally advertised. That just means the value of the coins they bought just went up.

Edited by junglehair
It is not to late to make the remaining coins another metal.......Hmmmm......

I'll take two of each new metal! ;)

Me Too :blink:

LOL! Of EACH new metal?? LOL!

{for the record there will only be one new metal *if* done}

Antique Gold or Silver. I would buy at least 3.

Edited by Big JohnP