Travelbug Placing

Ogof

I have 4 travelbugs and want to record placing one in my own cache. How do I do this please?

Thanks a lot

ogof  :ph34r:

Go to your cache page, click on "Log your visit", select "Write note", type a note that you are leaving a TB in the cache and make sure you have selected or highlighted the TB at the bottom of the page. Voila!

Edited by AV Dezign

Hmmm - didnt work. I placed a 'Write Note' both with the cache ad the travel bug. No bugs appear in the drop down box in the Log Your Visit page of my cache...... weird

Any other ideas. Its a pity such a user friendly site s so user unfriendly for travel bugs......

Cheers

Ogof

Hmmm - didnt work. I placed a 'Write Note' both with the cache ad the travel bug. No bugs appear in the drop down box in the Log Your Visit page of my cache...... weird

Any other ideas. Its a pity such a user friendly site s so user unfriendly for travel bugs......

Cheers

Ogof

Humm back at you, :ph34r:

Okay, here's a shot in the dark, do you still have the TB in your inventory? Check to see if its there in your account page (you will find the info on the right of the accounts page.) It's quite possible that the TB was grabbed off of you from a person who found it in the cache and decided to log it before you had the chance to place in there via the website.

If it's no longer in your inventory, that is what probably happened.

If it is there, then try posting another note to the cache page only, no need to do anything in the TB page, and make shure the TB is highlighted at the bottom of the page as shown in the message above.

Edited by AV Dezign

I noticed a recent change, bugs that were listed as "Travel Bug Dog Tag" were now showing in caches as "No Bug Name" (They used to just show as "Travel Bug Dog Tag").

I wonder if this is a bug related to that.

Obviously gc.com need to look into it. In the meantime do you think you could edit one of your bugs and give it a name and maybe a description, then see if it shows up when you post a note on a cache? (even just 'this is a test' is enough)

Edited by BlueDeuce