Gsak With Back Country Tracker With Axim X51v

Clyde,

I just tonight purchased a DEll X51V for my husband for Christmas. Through some other posts in the forum I was told that Back Country Tracker will work with both my Dell and GSAK. I checked out the GSAK in File- Export- and don't see it listed. Do I need a different program? Do I use some file that is there but named differently? I don't have the unit yet, so I can't play around at the moment with it. I have no problem using GSAK with my Garmin 60C. Please fill me in.

Thanks-Melissa

(Moo and Wug Smith)

GSAK works on your PC, not your PDA so it's a non issue.

If Backcountry Naivgator is what I'm thinking of (I haven't yet upgraded to the commercial version) the programmer is very responsive and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the software and know that they would make sure it works for you.

As I understand it the X51 is a WM 5 device. Any issues that you have will be from WM 5 and software makers are rapidly upgrading their software to be compatible.

Thanks.

That is what I assumed it would do. As I said until I get my unit I can't try it out. When I was looking at Palm the suggested software was the cachemate with GSAK. This seems to be the only one recommended for Asim because of WM 5.0 I guess. I need to be able to set it up, run and learn it well enought to teach my husband- he is not much of a geek when it comes to gadgets

:ph34r:

Melissa

A relative just got an X51V, and a few other BackCountry Navigator customers use one.

Windows Mobile 5, fortunately, didn't cause too many issues, although there are warnings on installation that can be ignored. Dell did change how they mapped bluetooth serial ports, but that was successfully accounted for a few months ago.

You can certainly try out the trial version once you have the hardware and report any oddities if you run into them.