Log Deleted

OzGuff

JR: Are you questioning the legitimacy of the find?

No, it was an attempt at sarcasm to express my amazement about the efforts taken in this entire episode.

Got it! I was on a different computer when I first read your post and I couldn't see the loaded image. And I am NOT hiding any strawberries? :ph34r:

I agree that the effort taken by geoofficer is amazing, and approaches the level at which her/his dosage should be checked. (Unfortunately for me, I can't see that the effort I have put into this is almost equally alarming. ;) )

As non-violent a game as this is, there is a surprisingly large number of whackjobs who play it.

…and there’s all manner of whack-jobs and losers who use the site and have nothing to do with geocaching.

To the OP, make it part of your morning ritual to re-log it. Have some fun with it.

My second attempt to log the find met the same fate. Of course, I logged exactly the same text and photos. My third attempt

One of the best caches I have ever done! Can't believe that this cache isn't spoken of with the same reverence as Tube Torcher...

TNLNSL TFTC!

has, so far, remained unscathed.

:D What if...geoofficer was Ozzie's sock puppet? :D;):ph34r:

An interesting point. There have been those incidents of lost memory and then the blackouts, but I dont think that has anything to do with this. I'm as sane as the next forum-dweller.

Crap! Am I geoofficer?

Wow!  I haven't been to a good outing for a while.  :ph34r:  :D

OOOOO You're right about that. The best "outing" was I know who the pirates are by Jeremy. ;)

No WAY.

The best outing by far was the "I know you're MadMarty, Jomarac5...come clean and you can continue to use my site". Especially since MadMarty was tlc.

One of the best caches I have ever done! Can't believe that this cache isn't spoken of with the same reverence as Tube Torcher...

TNLNSL TFTC!

But the day is still young!

The real bummer about this is people having to wade through the fake logs to get to the real ones.

As non-violent a game as this is, there is a surprisingly large number of whackjobs who play it.

…and there’s all manner of whack-jobs and losers who use the site and have nothing to do with geocaching.

To the OP, make it part of your morning ritual to re-log it. Have some fun with it.

My second attempt to log the find met the same fate. Of course, I logged exactly the same text and photos. My third attempt

TNLNSL TFTC!

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you posted a photo for the cache . . . You know, to sort of counteract the glowing words of recommendation . . . :ph34r:

Llama_701.jpg

Let us not forget Phish's take on the llama...

(Many years after the overthrow of Wilson, a rebel soldier crouching

high on a hilltop above the war torn forests of Gamehendge spots a

group of loyalists approaching from their lakeside encampment below.

His trusty llama stands beside him, loaded down with a canvas pack

that holds two large bazooka type guns to the animal's sides. Near the

man sits a cache of blastoplast, each capable of destroying the entire

hillside in an instant...)

Sunrise over the turquoise mountains

Messenger birds in sight

They came up through the valley

Both sides at a time

Through the cold steady rain

Raid!

I bend down

Poke a double decker on a llama

Taboot

Llama, Taboot Taboot

Trigger a blastoplast, ramshackle laker recedes

I start to run

It was the loudest thing I'd ever heard

And I knew my time had come

To enter the delta

Leave it on press [2x]

Depress, Depress

Llama, Taboot Taboot

Leave it on press

Depress, Depress

Llama, Taboot Taboot

Llama, Taboot Taboot

Llama, Taboot Taboot

Taboot Taboot

Taboot Taboot

Taboot

Now, what was this thread about?

:ph34r:

...I have decided to let things go. Sort of.

... I will spend an hour or two (or three) and delete them. SDT is welcome to keep his/her logs if he/she desires.

I plan to re-submit the deleted log, warts and all. ...

How, again, are you letting anything go? It sounds like you have decided to escalate the situation, instead.

:mad: What if...geoofficer was Ozzie's sock puppet?  ;)  :D  :ph34r:

An interesting point. There have been those incidents of lost memory and then the blackouts, but I dont think that has anything to do with this. I'm as sane as the next forum-dweller.

Crap! Am I geoofficer?

Have you cc'd anyone on this discovery? That way there would be a virtual paper trail should you have another blackout. :D:lol:

I believe that tands will be hosting that event...  :ph34r:

Absolutely!

I was hoping everyone would see the smarts in that solution (want some wings and beer!) If everyone can let things lie until January I'll go ahead and schedule it as an official event cache. We can't hold it before then since we're hosting this month's Columbia SC Geoholics meeting at a place that doesn't serve beer.

With the consent of all parties, offended and/or amused, we'll schedule the official Wings and Beer Fix Everything event cache.

- T of TandS

Just a couple of quick observations

1) Beer is good.

2) Geocachers are smart enough to know they are CHICKEN WINGS not Buffalo

wings.

3) If you are going for beer and wings you should come up here to the Anchor Bar

The home of the chicken wing.

OK, so now I've successfully hijacked the thread:

I'm gonna hold it here in Cola SC. The host gets to choose! But...

There's no reason it can't be a multi-event cache, with cachers in any and every locale holding a simultaneous celebration of premium geo-fuel.

So, what day's best for everyone? I'm shooting for January 11th or 18th here.

- T of TandS

Hey OZ, did you notice that the guy that logged GeoOfficer's cache right before you, was WITH geoofficer when he hid it, and admitted it in his log. What the? AND he is the same guy that claimed he didn't know geoofficer in this thread yesterday? Anyway thanks for outing Geoofficer... This whole thing gets weirder and curiouser every day. This is so much fun! :lol:

...I have decided to let things go. Sort of.

... I will spend an hour or two (or three) and delete them. SDT is welcome to keep his/her logs if he/she desires.

I plan to re-submit the deleted log, warts and all. ...

How, again, are you letting anything go? It sounds like you have decided to escalate the situation, instead.

I like to think of my actions as the storm before the quiet... :lol:

[Edited to add a smilie.]

Edited by OzGuff
Hey OZ, did you notice that the guy that logged GeoOfficer's cache right before you, was WITH geoofficer when he hid it, and admitted it in his log. What the? AND he is the same guy that claimed he didn't know geoofficer in this thread yesterday? Anyway thanks for outing Geoofficer... This whole thing gets weirder and curiouser every day. This is so much fun! :D

I didn't actually "out" anybody. I just re-logged a cache. Twice, actually.

But I noticed. [And don't even get me started on what I think about the practice of logging a "find" on a cache that you were present for when the cache owner performed the initial hiding... :lol:] However, I think it highly unlikely that the cache owner will delete that particular log.

Hey, this "letting it go" thing is pretty good! I feel a gentle calm washing over me. I can hear the waves gently hitting the beach. I can smell -- buffalo/chicken wings?!?!? Looks alike I need to attend the tands event cache! :mad:

I was the person who deleted the log and it was because of:

1) your childishness in the log

2) your photo of a container that has recently started showing up in our area

3) the disclosing of a cache location

As I told you in an e-mail I just sent, I have better things to do than sit for the hours those 400+ logs surely required. But I got a big chuckle out of the posts since some of your caches are on my watch list. I guess the ol officer didn't know of you beating on someone's door (who works 3rd shirt) to be the FTF on their cache when you down played the phone a friend in another of your posts. We all play the game the manner that we play it and surely no cop or officer is necessary to keep people in line.

Midol might help?!?!?!?

Since cudlecub has "outed" himself let me point out a few things:

1. cudlecub was the cacher who found the Established 1855 cache right after I posted the DNF log which contained my offer.

2. cudlecub attended an event cache recently which geoofficer allegedly also attended (though nobody at the event cache talked with geoofficer and she/he did not sign the event cache logbook).

3. as pointed out somewhere above, why would cudlecub, after deleting my legitimate find on his cache, say he was "not up for games"; the only cacher to which my find log would make any sense would be the owner of the geoofficer account.

I know who geoofficer is. I know that his actions were less than honorable. And now I can move on...

Hope you all enjoyed the entertainment! :lol:

[Edited to add links]

Edited by OzGuff

Not that I am trying to prolong this thread -- as it has served its purpose -- but I just noticed that cudlecub (the presumptive geoofficer) has added a line to the cache description of the cache on which he deleted my find log.

Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to be one in your log.

Do you think I should add a smilie to my find log so folks will understand I am being sarcastic? ;) [smilie added here so folks will understand that I am being sarcastic.]

I was the person who deleted the log and it was because of:

1) your childishness in the log

2) your photo of a container that has recently started showing up in our area

3) the disclosing of a cache location

1. Hard to deny that. Ranks right up there with logging 400 caches to make a point. But wouldn't it just have seemed to be gibberish to anyone except the owner of the geoofficer account? And I don't remember "childishness" appearing in the guidelines as a reason to delete a log.

2. Fair enough. An email asking me to delete/edit the offending photos would have sufficed and been much less damaging to your reputation. Heck, even I sent emails to you, sorry, geoofficer, to let you, sorry, her/him know that I was going to delete your, sorry, her/his bogus logs on my caches.

3. Isn't the cache located at N 36° 24.491 W 082° 28.491 and hidden in/near a gerr? I am so sorry to have let that information slip. I understand the anguish you mush have felt when finding out that folks may have discovered that you had hidden a cache in a fast food restaurant's parking lot. The horror. The horror.

I have to admit that I wasn't excited about the propect of "letting it go" but I think I am really getting the hang of it! ;)

An email asking me to delete/edit the offending photos would have sufficed and been much less damaging to your reputation.

I have to say after reading the running diatribe on the other thread and then this one, as an non-biased observer, Cudlecub's "reputation" has been damaged far less in my eyes than your own.

You started all of this with your incredibly rude and arrogant found log. You could have PM'ed the owner if you felt he was doing something improper, or started a forum thread about it (obviously, you know how to do that), but no- you felt the need to use the found logs for the purpose of making your sanctimonoius little speech. That isn't what they are for.

Then in your little speech, you invited people to log your caches. Hey, you asked for it- if somebody takes you up on it, then it is your fault. When Geofficer (a very apt name, considering that he is going after somebody that feels the need to "police" other peoples caches and logs) logged the caches, it was because you asked him to.

Then, you started a thread here to bash Geofficer for doing what you asked him to to. (See, I knew you knew how to start a forum thread!)

But, even though you were asked by several people to let it lie, you just couldn't. You felt the need to convict another person of this great offense, based on the fact that he had found the same cache as you, and because he went to an event that Geofficer posted that he would attend. The same "evidence" would be true for you, a** well.

Based on this "overwhelming evidence" you act as judge, jury and executioner and post a log in his cache childishly "outing" him. (again, the find logs are not the place for this stuff)

When he (appropriately) deletes your log, you point to it as "proof"

To be blunt, all I see happening here is a egomaniacal jerk bashing other people wherever he can, because he feels his way is right.

If you want to debate the merits of cache hiders allowing finds on their caches without the finders actually signing the log, we have a forum for that. Keep your sanctimonious whining out of other peoples cache logs.

I have to say after reading the running diatribe on the other thread and then this one, as an non-biased observer, Cudlecub's "reputation" has been damaged far less in my eyes than your own.

Must not type, must not type...

I'd have to agree. Like watching a car crash I avidly read this thread and the other and I'm trying to determine your motivation and for the life of me I cannot come up with a nice one. I can think of several nouns and adjectives to describe your behavior but I won't use them here.

One thing that I find wonderful about geocaching is that we all play the game in our own individual way but I really smell a game here and I'm afraid I'm feeding into it, that's why I started off with "must not type."

Oh well, I said it.

Paul