South Wales First Geocaching Day

South Wales first Geocaching Event will be held at Parc Cwm Darran, near Bargoed, on Saturday 29 April 2006. This is the weekend of the May Day Bank Holiday.

The event “cache” will be posted in January, 3 months before the date in accordance with the rules. Preliminary information at this stage:

· The park has a campsite, for anyone wishing to stay a night or two. Early booking is recommended

· There is a Visitor Centre, with a coffee shop that does light lunches. The event reception will be housed here.

· The Visitor Centre has disabled access and toilets and there are extensive surfaced paths around the park.

· The park has a large lake, waymarked walks, an adventure playground, barbecue sites and is dog friendly.

· There are currently about 20 caches within 5 miles of the park and about 60 within 10 miles. There will be new caches set up for the Event.

Sorry

NO Pub Campsite

What! Count me out! :D

Nearest Pub is up the road a bit - Just so you can roll back to Parc Cwm Darren

Phew, that was close. Count me back in again. :D

Also Beer Fest at Gilfach Pub over the Bank Holiday Weekend (80 Different Beers on offer)

:ph34r:

Whose buying me a pint? :ph34r:

I will if you organise the taxi. :D

Checked out the pub at Gilfach today.

This Real Ale Pub has a lovely atmosphere, fortunately for those who want to come the Beer Festival is being held on the Bank Holiday weekend of our Event Cache.

So many different ales to choose from I'm beginning to understand why people drink half pints!!! :rolleyes::D

Campsite Bookings

As we have no idea of the definite number of people camping, it is not possible to make a Block Booking, bearing in mind that this is a Bank Holiday Weekend.

However the Warden is very helpful and if people making a booking mention 'The Geocaching Event' he will try to arrange for them to be together.

Edited by Write and Mane
Un-kept Resolution Cardiff Social by Write and Mane (GCRKD9) is organised for 18 January 2006

We will 'post' The Bank Holiday Event 29 April 2006 once we have recovered from the January Social Event.

:o<_<

Just a quickie to say that I won't be able to make this tonight, Im on a 9am start in work this week & will be lurking somewhere around Wolverhampton all day today, so won't be back in time. Pleaee accept my apologies...& have a drink on me! :o

Seren.