Event Cache Posting, How Far In Advance

DeViDe

from the listing guidelines

Event caches should be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the date of the event, so that potential attendees will have sufficient notice to make their plans. Events are generally listed no more than three months prior to the date of the event, to avoid having the listing appear for a prolonged period of time on the nearest caches page and in the weekly e-mail notification of new caches. Exceptions are sometimes made for events that are designed to attract a regional, national or international group of geocachers. Contact your reviewer if you wish to set up such an event, which may be listed up to six months in advance. 
The sad part is: that is polite for Mopar :anibad:

:anitongue:

:laughing:

sorry mopar - couldn't resisit

No problem StarBrand, I was going to say the same thing myself. :grin:

At least I guess I can understand WHY we have the same whining threads all the time.

"Whaaa! I hid my new cache 50ft from another one and they wont approve it"

"Whaaa! I buried my new cache in the middle of an active Conrail track and they won't approve it."

"Whaaa! I 'hid' a locationless cache and they wont list it"

If people with 100+ hides can't be bothered to read the guidelines for hiding a cache, why should people with 10 hides, or 1 hide?

Mopar,

I am quite take back by your lack of civility. I came here to ask a simple question. You, for what ever reason , have a desire to attack, judge, slam, and criticize me.

What does the fact that I have 100+ finds have to do with anything. Does the fact that you have less 10 finds mean anything?

Is not the purpose of these forums to ask qeustions and get answers?

You seem to think that the purpose of these forums is for people to be rude when some one asks a question.

The sad part is: that is polite for Mopar wink.gif

It seems like you are well known.

I have spent considerable time and effort placing caches for others to enjoy.

You it seems have spent considerable time and effort slamming people on the forums.

I have an idea. You keep it up and so will I.

Edited by DeViDe

Most of us here are quite friendly and eager to help, DeViDe, despite the fact that our wit doesn't always translate well in the forums!

You are welcome, encouraged, in fact, to ask questions here...BUT...you'll get a lot better answers if it appears you've read the Geocache Listing Rules / Guidelines found at http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx.

When a new listing is created and submitted to the Reviewer the hider has to click two check-boxes at the bottom of the listing page - one says that you have read and understand those guidelines, the other says you've read and agree to the Terms Of Use.

So, when a cacher with at least one hide asks a question that is covered in the guidelines or TOS the immediate mental response here is "Didn't this poster read what he said he'd read?"

You'll get a whole different attitude from responders if it's a question not clearly covered by those documents.

Good luck, we'll help any way we can!

Ed

just think people...as geocaching keeps growing...more and more questions are going to be asked because as these questions get moved to page 2 and 3 and so on...not many go past page one...so just take the chill pill and not reply...not everyone wants to be ridiculed for asking a question....as a teacher...we always say there are no stupid questions...just stupid people who don't ask them! however i have encountered stupid questions and i just don't reply...so if your gonna get pissy...just keep it to your self..seems fair to everyone and to people that are trying to learn...be it they have 100 hides or 7000 hides...im sure the Ventura Kids have some questions....lol