City Select Update V7 And My Gps

Hi all.

I have City Select v6 and a one GPS 60c. I used one unlock under v6. I have the update DVD for v7. If I unlock the update DVD to my one GPS will I lose the ability to use the second unlock if I ever get another GPS and need it?

I hope this doesn't sound confusing. I checked Garmin's site and it appears that I will lose the second unlock but then I read something else and I'm not so sure.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all.

I have City Select v6 and a one GPS 60c. I used one unlock under v6. I have the update DVD for v7. If I unlock the update DVD to my one GPS will I lose the ability to use the second unlock if I ever get another GPS and need it?

I hope this doesn't sound confusing. I checked Garmin's site and it appears that I will lose the second unlock but then I read something else and I'm not so sure.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The unlock is for a particular unit, and a particular product...... not a particular version. If you update to v7, you still will have one unlock code left for another unit.

your second unlock code can be used anytime in the future - it is not dependant on any date. if you purchased v6 originally and then purchased a v7 upgrade (or received it free if that was your situation) then you can load both v6 and v7 on your second gps.

what is making things a little more confusing now however is the nt version of some of garmin's mapping software. many of their current and older handhelds are unable to run this newer version (nt) and would not necessarily be covered by garmin under the traditional second unlock policy.

What I meant to illustrate is that the ability to get the CSNA7 upgrade is contingent on the activation date of the cacher's copy of CSNA6. My apologies if this was confusing.

As for the upgrade, CSNA6 _and_ CSNA7 will be installed on your PC after the upgrade. Do yourself and your hard disk a favor and uninstall CSNA6. It wont effect CSNA7. :)