Gear Coin Pre-sale Today 2pm Central

SeventhSon

Pre-order starts today, Saturday 12/3/05 at 2pm Central Time.

Why wait for artwork to be finalized. That will only delay minting. This image will be very close.

newcoin.jpg

Coins will be 1.5" diameter, with 250 minted: 100 chrome, 100 polished copper, 50 black nickel. Black area is raised metal, gray is recessed, white is cut-out. The recessed area of the text ring will be #2 granulated on the chrome and copper, and will have yellow enamel fill on the black nickel. Coins will have etched consecutive numbering (chrome 001-100; copper 101-200; black nickel 201-250).

There will be 60 chrome and 60 copper (instead of 50) offered for pre-sale today at 2pm Central. First come first served.

Limit: 1 of each metal offered per person/geonick/shipping address/etc.

Price: 6.00 per coin plus 2.00 shipping/confirmation US. International orders add 5.00. Shipping is the same for 2 coins.

Payment: Paypal only.

I'll try to make this as easy as possible. Once pre-sale starts, I'll start a new thread with an email address and what the subject of the email should be, to help me keep track. I'll need your geonick, shipping address, coin type(s), and if you want a specific number (see above), but, as with the coins, no guarantee on the numbers. Chrome 001 is unavailable; 002, 007, and 057 are already requested, provided they get in in time. Copper 101 is unavailable.

All emails will be answered (as quickly as I can) and the ones who got in will then be sent a paypal invoice. Please pay within 3 days of receiving the invoice, or coins will be passed on.

Edited by SeventhSon

Sorry but I will not pre-order from ebay. I will make purchases from there but do not expect to have to wait 6-8 weeks for an order from there.

I do not mind pre-ordering from a forum post as these are easily found when a question or problem arises regarding sales, shipping dates etc. but unless you bookmark every sale or pre-sale to be able to access those pages you will never find them again. I realize that it is much easier to use their format and system but it wasn't so long ago that you needed coins in hand before you could sell them.

The pre-order thread was to find out how many people were interested so you could place a reasonable order to cover the wants of us coin enthusiasts. Now it is pay me so I can pay them.

I think we need to take a step back.

My opinion

Lynn

Sorry  but I will not pre-order from ebay.  I will make purchases from there but do not expect to have to wait 6-8 weeks for an order from there.

I do not mind pre-ordering from a forum post as these are easily found when a question or problem arises regarding sales, shipping dates etc.  but unless you bookmark every sale or pre-sale to be able to access those pages  you will never find them again.  I realize that it is much easier to use their format and system  but it wasn't so long ago that you needed coins in hand before you could sell them.

The pre-order thread was to find out how many people were interested so you could place a reasonable order to cover the wants of us coin enthusiasts.  Now it is pay me so I can pay them. 

I think we need to take a step back.

My opinion

Lynn

I'm not sure what the ebay comment means. This will happen here.

My original plan was to have 100 minted for trades. Then decided it might be best to offer some up for pre-sale and bring the per-coin price down. The other thread was to guage interest to see if this was possible. I mentioned the total minting and how many would be offered. The only thing that has changed is I'm offering more. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Pre-sales seems to be a common practice now, so decided to go that route. Sounds like I picked a bad time for it, so it may not work out too well anyway :D

Edited by SeventhSon
Personally I like the timing. Some people do not have access to a computer at work and cannot get in on any of the mid-week sales.

I think it's good to have a variety of times that coins are available. It's more fun to trade and it opens up more trade oppurtunitys when different crowds can buy different coins at different times (at least on LE's of about 150-300 minted, not so sure it will make a difference on this one with the small minting but I'm not encouraging the minting of more either).