Texas Bluebonnet 2006 Coins Requests Are Open!

crake

UPDATE

I have received the first draft of the artwork from the mint, and there are some minor adjustments. Dies will be ordered next week, and we're right on schedule for early-mid January orders and early Feb shipping.

Please remember, if you signed up for coins I will email you payment instructions once I have approved the pre-production coin.

Right now it looks like 800 coins will be minted.

But it is NOT too late to put in a request. The site is still up. This is a good way to get a coin without fighting over sold out runs!

UPDATE

I have received the first draft of the artwork from the mint, and there are some minor adjustments. Dies will be ordered next week, and we're right on schedule for early-mid January orders and early Feb shipping.

Please remember, if you signed up for coins I will email you payment instructions once I have approved the pre-production coin.

Right now it looks like 800 coins will be minted.

But it is NOT too late to put in a request. The site is still up. This is a good way to get a coin without fighting over sold out runs!

So we can expect to be billed in early January sometime?

I want to make sure I keep enough funds on hand.

This is a copy of a message I sent to the OP via the central texas geocachers yahoo group:

Looks good. I'd suggest saving some money by deleting the GC.com

tracking, though. None of these geocoins will ever make it into a

cache unless you put them there, and then the first geocoin addict to

find one will just put it in their coin book. $1.50 per coin wasted,

imho... Serial numbered though is a good idea for collectability.

Also, that compass looks too realistic. You will be responsible for

getting countless (Texas A&M) Aggies lost in the woods when they trade their GPS

for the 'neato compass' and realize only after it's too late that the

compass they just traded for is 'broken.' (voice of experience,

class of '89 here, gig 'em :P

-mark

One need only look at the relative prices garnered on EBay for Trackable vs Un-trackable to see that Trackalble coins are valued at several times what non-trackable are. Whether they ever hit a cache or not. IMHO.

After several requests I've started taking coin club reservations as well. If you're part of a coin club, use the form and include details including the name of the club, number of members, and number of coins you would like to purchase in the comments section.