Kansas Geocoin

Ladycacher

It may not be a week for the LE, that's just a heads-up what it could be. I am not comfy selling that coin with the artowrk not being done and finalized by GC.com for tracking. I hope that everybody can understand that and see why the LE coin may be sold later next week.

Given that the sales will likely be a few days apart but not too far apart would you have an issue with people paying for their standard and LE auctions together to save on shipping (this would also minimize paypal fees incurred since it's $0.30 per transaction plus 3%).

So I am assuming that it is no big deal on selling the LE coin before the artwork is final? If that's the case then I will sell them tomorrow at the same time as the standard. That way *most* people will have a shot at it.

-I am new at this coin selling thing in bulk and for state so thank you for baring with me-

No mention of that cache bacause KSWader put it on his I do believe.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
So I am assuming that it is no big deal on selling the LE coin before the artwork is final? If that's the case then I will sell them tomorrow at the same time as the standard. That way *most* people will have a shot at it.

-I am new at this coin selling thing in bulk and for state so thank you for baring with me-

selling the tomorrow (Sunday) or is that on Monday?? confused now

So I am assuming that it is no big deal on selling the LE coin before the artwork is final?  If that's the case then I will sell them tomorrow at the same time as the standard.  That way *most* people will have a shot at it.

Tomorrow, sorry for the confusion.

I am looking at doing the Ebay thing for the LE coin, it seemed to work awesome for the Lighthouse coins. I have NO way of keeping track of what is sold and I do not want to get into something where there is oversold coins or what have ya. The only problem I have with Ebay is I will have to open a new account for selling. I will not risk the account I have now with the feedback issue. I just can't risk it.

can't do a dutch auction on ebay unless you have 10 positive feedback. Sorry just thought you should know.

So I am assuming that it is no big deal on selling the LE coin before the artwork is final?  If that's the case then I will sell them tomorrow at the same time as the standard.  That way *most* people will have a shot at it.

Tomorrow, sorry for the confusion.

Tomorrow??? Could you please use date, I thought this was all taking Place on Monday. So is it Sunday now?

Been out caching, so that's why I'm not understanding.

Tomorrow??? Could you please use date, I thought this was all taking Place on Monday. So is it Sunday now?

Been out caching, so that's why I'm not understanding.

They are going to split it up and have 2 sales:

1) Sunday (4Dec05) @ 8pm Central on Ebay

2) Monday (5Dec05) @ 10am Central on EBay

I am looking at doing the Ebay thing for the LE coin, it seemed to work awesome for the Lighthouse coins.  I have NO way of keeping track of what is sold and I do not want to get into something where there is oversold coins or what have ya.  The only problem I have with Ebay is I will have to open a new account for selling. I will not risk the account I have now with the feedback issue.  I just can't risk it.

can't do a dutch auction on ebay unless you have 10 positive feedback. Sorry just thought you should know.

I paid the 5 dollars to get verified to do the sale. Thanks though.

OK now I am confused.

A Sunday evening sale

A Monday morning sale

But when for the LE's or will they also be split up?

Lynn

I'm pretty sure the LE's will also have two auctions at two times. The last I heard Ladycacher was trying to decide if she should go ahead an list them when she lists the standards or wait till TPTB at Groundspeak approve the final artwork then list them.

OK now I am confused.

A Sunday evening sale 

A Monday morning sale

But when for the LE's  or will they also be split up?

Lynn

I'm pretty sure the LE's will also have two auctions at two times. The last I heard Ladycacher was trying to decide if she should go ahead an list them when she lists the standards or wait till TPTB at Groundspeak approve the final artwork then list them.

Ok...It was clear...and I was all prepared for Monday...I can't do Sunday...Is twice or one time for the LE's or??? or ???

HERE IS THE NEW INFORMATION:

Sunday 8pm Central 600 Kansas Coins and 225 LE coins (25 coins are being held back just in case) will go on sale through Ebay.

Monday 10am the remaining 570 (again holding back some just in case) will go one sale.

There is only going to be ONE sale for the LE coin.

Limit 2 per person on the LE.

I decided to do it this way to save pay-pal fees and shipping for people buying both coins (as somebody pointed out in a post above).

I will open a NEW thread with the links to the auctions when it comes time. I have called Ebay and it can take up to 6 hours for a auction to come up during a search. I would advise you to follow the links.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

I'm trying to decide if this will be a coin club purchase or not. Will the shipping on a bulk purchase, say 60 geocoins, be substantially lower than if each member was individually purchasing 2 or three. (Of course, the LE will not be a coin club purchase.)

If you could give a rough estimate on the shipping cost for 60 coins (and maybe 1, 2 and 3 coins), that would really help me. :anitongue:

--Marky

Sunday 8pm Central 600 Kansas Coins and 225 LE coins (25 coins are being held back just in case) will go on sale through Ebay.

Monday 10am the remaining 570 (again holding back some just in case) will go one sale.

Any objections to splitting the LE between two sales like the standard?

Doing so would give those unavailable Sunday a chance to For Monday and would only add about $0.02-$0.03 per coin for the additional listing. Even if it's not split exactly in half, some of those that can only make Monday would like to have a chance at some LE's I bet.

I'm trying to decide if this will be a coin club purchase or not. Will the shipping on a bulk purchase, say 60 geocoins, be substantially lower than if each member was individually purchasing 2 or three. (Of course, the LE will not be a coin club purchase.)

If you could give a rough estimate on the shipping cost for 60 coins (and maybe 1, 2 and 3 coins), that would really help me. :anitongue:

--Marky

I was going to chrage a flat rate of 15.00 for coin clubs, but, I can fit a coin orders of 80 coins into one 7.70 flat rate box from USPS. Now, insurance on 80 coins would be on extra (close to) 5.00. That means that shipping for 80 coins would be 12.70. DOes that give you an idea? It will be cheaper for you to buy ad a club, then buy seperatly on the regular edition.

Any objections to splitting the LE between two sales like the standard?

Doing so would give those unavailable Sunday a chance to For Monday and would only add about $0.02-$0.03 per coin for the additional listing. Even if it's not split exactly in half, some of those that can only make Monday would like to have a chance at some LE's I bet.

I do not have a problem with doing this, if this would be easier for some, although I hate to change plans again.

I am also sorry that this thread is a bit confusing, but I am trying to work out details and the feedback I have been getting back by email have been in favor of the slpit sale on ebay hinch why the plans have changed.

**I will have a FEW coins that will be for trade after all the sales are done and the coins have shipped in January**

Since there are not many LE coins. Perhaps those should just be sold at 1 time only, either tonight or tomorrow. I say this because you can keep changing this sale all day long and still not make everyone happy. Just pick a time and date and do it.

Yup, either way just stick with it.

That's what trades are for. :anitongue:

HERE IS THE NEW INFORMATION:

There is only going to be ONE sale for the LE coin.

Limit 2 per person on the LE.

I decided to do it this way to save pay-pal fees and shipping for people buying both coins (as somebody pointed out in a post above).

I will open a NEW thread with the links to the auctions when it comes time. I have called Ebay and it can take up to 6 hours for a auction to come up during a search. I would advise you to follow the links.

Here ya go! This is it and I am sticking to it! :anitongue:

{I promise} :laughing:

I'm trying to decide if this will be a coin club purchase or not.  Will the shipping on a bulk purchase, say 60 geocoins, be substantially lower than if each member was individually purchasing 2 or three.  (Of course, the LE will not be a coin club purchase.)

If you could give a rough estimate on the shipping cost for 60 coins (and maybe 1, 2 and 3 coins), that would really help me.  :anitongue:

--Marky

I was going to chrage a flat rate of 15.00 for coin clubs, but, I can fit a coin orders of 80 coins into one 7.70 flat rate box from USPS. Now, insurance on 80 coins would be on extra (close to) 5.00. That means that shipping for 80 coins would be 12.70. DOes that give you an idea? It will be cheaper for you to buy ad a club, then buy seperatly on the regular edition.

Sounds like a good plan, but I've had orders of 120 sent in those boxes with lots of empty space.

I'm trying to decide if this will be a coin club purchase or not.  Will the shipping on a bulk purchase, say 60 geocoins, be substantially lower than if each member was individually purchasing 2 or three.  (Of course, the LE will not be a coin club purchase.)

If you could give a rough estimate on the shipping cost for 60 coins (and maybe 1, 2 and 3 coins), that would really help me.  :anitongue:

--Marky

Sounds like a good plan, but I've had orders of 120 sent in those boxes with lots of empty space.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I have never shipped that many in one box. However the insurance amount would be more for more coins.

Thanks Nurse Dave!!

I have both auctions set up AND I set up a shipping discount for people who get both coins. I have never done that before so {crossing fingers} hopefully it works right.

Here are the titles:

Kansas Geocoin

Kansas LE Geocoin

I will post a new thread right as the auction starts with links and titles again.

Thanks

Just by the skin of my chinny chin chin........I might have been #30 to get in there....dam you guys are fast!!

BTW: What's up with Ebay saying that I need to pay for the goods, but my PayPal Account says the payment was completed? Are you going to verify and wait for these to catch up with each other?

Edited by Go JayBee
Just by the skin of my chinny chin chin........I might have been #30 to get in there....dam you guys are fast!!

BTW: What's up with Ebay saying that I need to pay for the goods, but my PayPal Account says the payment was completed? Are you going to verify and wait for these to catch up with each other?

sometimes it take a while for ebay and paypal to sync up.