Kansas Geocoin

Ladycacher

THIS IS NOT THE PRE-ORDER THREAD!

After a few months of getting with different people to get things settled, the Kansas coin will be going into production. Will (9Key) did the artwork, and I will handle the selling and shipping of them. There were other people going to make a Kansas coin, we have spoken with them and decided to go fourth with ours. For those who wonder why people from Texas is making a Kansas coin here is the answer: I grew up there, spent 23 years of my life there, hit by a tornado there, and dealt with To-To jokes. The only reason I am no longer there is because of a move made for work. I visit there about 10 times a year and miss it dearly.

NOW:

The Kansas coin will be trackable on Geocaching.com. (KS####)

They will have their own icon that is a sunflower.

There will be 1200 made and sold.

No limits on how many can be purchased.

They will ship in early January (I will post an exact date when I get it).

On MONDAY DEC. 5th at 10am CENTRAL, I will post a link in a new thread. This link will take you to the payment page.

IMPORTANT

All Coin Cubs and People Living Outside the United States MUST email me Before the sale starts for shipping!

6ACP-00347mod.jpg

There will be 250 LE coin made. It will be shaped as a Tornado and will also be trackable under the same icon. There are some changes being made from the design below. We are trying to get the changes made to get this coin for sale at the same time. If not, this coin will be on sale later next week, and I will post in advance. Please give me feedback on how many per-person I should sell the LE. I was thinking 3 per-person, but I am not sure. NO CLUB COIN ORDERS ON THE LE WILL BE ALLOWED, SORRY!

ladycacher_edition_Coin-FrontBack15.jpg

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

I am looking at doing the Ebay thing for the LE coin, it seemed to work awesome for the Lighthouse coins. I have NO way of keeping track of what is sold and I do not want to get into something where there is oversold coins or what have ya. The only problem I have with Ebay is I will have to open a new account for selling. I will not risk the account I have now with the feedback issue. I just can't risk it.

1)... I grew up there, spent 23 years of my life there, hit by a tornado there, and dealt with To-To jokes. The only reason I am no longer there is because of a move made for work. I visit there about 10 times a year and miss it dearly.

2)...On Monday at 10am, I will post a link in a new thread. This link will take you to the payment page.

1) Ditto! There's no place like home!

:blink:

2) 10am... EST? CST? ABC?

I am looking at doing the Ebay thing for the LE coin, it seemed to work awesome for the Lighthouse coins. I have NO way of keeping track of what is sold and I do not want to get into something where there is oversold coins or what have ya. The only problem I have with Ebay is I will have to open a new account for selling. I will not risk the account I have now with the feedback issue. I just can't risk it.

It was a PITA for finding. You had to read through the thread and find the correct link which takes long enough for the coins to sell out.

eBay may not have the same problem as PayPal, but having to look for the link inside a 3 page thread is a different problem.

I would open a new thread with the links being the first post.

The only other way I can think to do the LE's is have people email then I invoice. That is alot of work for just me to handle with kids being around me in my house. Will has set up a web page for the regular KS coin because I don't think it will sale out in minutes. When the KS coin sells through that site I will have to count the amount by emails that is being sold. Then I will have to shut down the site at 1,000 sold and do a count before I sell the remaining. {takes deep breath} I am thinking of ebay for this coin also and scratching the site we have ready now. The fees is what is stopping me.

Email sent for PCC coin club.

I thought the eBay dutch auction for the Lighthouse coins today was great. I followed the links and had no problems making the buys. Very smooth process.

OK, that's 8 am PST on Monday for us West Coasters. Just enough time to make the buy before heading to work. Thanks!

I'll also say that buying the lighthouse coin through Ebay was VERY easy.

Most of the negative posts I've read involved people who didn't necessarily know how to do an Ebay search; or at least didn't know how to optimize their search. I use Ebay a lot, so it was pretty easy for me. Posting the Ebay hyperlinks to the auctions on the GC coin thread was a great idea, but I don't think most people were looking for it. I wasn't. Announce that there will be a link posted on the thread, that way nobody gets 'lost' on their way to the auction. Make that the only way to find the auction (don't tell where to find it on Ebay) and it makes a foolproof way to get there.

I know several people said they got error messages from Ebay. In the hundreds of times I have paged through Ebay auctions, I have never had an error message. Not to say that some didn't get it, but that may be a pretty rare occurrence. That many people hitting a single auction may also cause this.

It looked like Ebay was also a good way for people outside the US to get their chance at the coins. Just make sure you check everything that needs to be checked to allow international orders (if that's your intention).

I also absolutely LOVE the idea of limiting the LE coins. 2 is good - I would be happy with only 1 per person. Limiting them distributes them to more people and I feel they end up more in collections rather than for sale for $50 on Ebay first and then to a collection.

Good luck. I'm going to try to be at a computer when this starts.

OK, so Monday morning is no good for me. Fair enough to set your time and stick with it. If someone gets some of the LE coins and would like to trade one for, say a San Diego coin or an Ontario gold or silver, email me. I also have others incoming, DE WI NV S.F.

I'll also say that buying the lighthouse coin through Ebay was VERY easy.

Most of the negative posts I've read involved people who didn't necessarily know how to do an Ebay search; or at least didn't know how to optimize their search. I use Ebay a lot, so it was pretty easy for me. Posting the Ebay hyperlinks to the auctions on the GC coin thread was a great idea, but I don't think most people were looking for it. I wasn't. Announce that there will be a link posted on the thread, that way nobody gets 'lost' on their way to the auction. Make that the only way to find the auction (don't tell where to find it on Ebay) and it makes a foolproof way to get there.

I know several people said they got error messages from Ebay. In the hundreds of times I have paged through Ebay auctions, I have never had an error message. Not to say that some didn't get it, but that may be a pretty rare occurrence. That many people hitting a single auction may also cause this.

It looked like Ebay was also a good way for people outside the US to get their chance at the coins. Just make sure you check everything that needs to be checked to allow international orders (if that's your intention).

I also absolutely LOVE the idea of limiting the LE coins. 2 is good - I would be happy with only 1 per person. Limiting them distributes them to more people and I feel they end up more in collections rather than for sale for $50 on Ebay first and then to a collection.

Good luck. I'm going to try to be at a computer when this starts.

Ebay was easy and provides accurate inventory control and if you are the seller you can quickly see who has and has not paid because ebay updates this information from paypal automatically. If someone hasn't paid you can easily see it and send reminders/invoices straight from there.

Some people had trouble with the ebay search because they aren't familar with ebay's search engine and picky syntax. I searched for "lighthouse geocoin*" and found both immediately. In this case my search would be "kanas geocoin*" and I'm 99.9% sure I would find it immediately.

How about setting up a thread with the ebay links at the time posted. Lock the thread so that people can't post to it and others can find the link easily? The problem I had with ebay is that the description said geocoin and the ebay posting said geocoins so that problem would be eliminated as well as searching through three pages of posts.

This is a fine looking coin. You've done Kansas proud.

Have you considered splitting each eBay sale into two halves, auction off half the inventory at 10AM, then the other half at 10PM? This would give people who have 'technical difficulties' with the first auction 12 hours to get help in the forums or whatever, then have a second shot at it? This might also make it easier for international buyers to find a time that's more convenient for them.

Why are you concerned about feedback problems with this auction? Are geocoin addicts more likely to 'neg' you?

Have you considered splitting each eBay sale into two halves, auction off half the inventory at 10AM, then the other half at 10PM? This would give people who have 'technical difficulties' with the first auction 12 hours to get help in the forums or whatever, then have a second shot at it? This might also make it easier for international buyers to find a time that's more convenient for them.

Another good idea! The insertion fee would be a little higher since you'd have to pay the max dutch auction insertion fee of $4.80 for each auction but when you splitting that 9.60 (for two dutch auctions) over 1000+ coins that cost is only about $0.01 instead of $0.005 per coin for the insertion and it wouldn't affect the final value fees.

In the case of the LE spliting it up in two auctions the insertion fee would be $0.04 instead of $0.02 but I'm sure most people here aren't going to squabble over 2 cents to have a second chance at an LE. I would hope that the seller would stipulate that the same person couldn't order in both auctions to keep things fair.

Have you considered splitting each eBay sale into two halves, auction off half the inventory at 10AM, then the other half at 10PM?  This would give people who have 'technical difficulties' with the first auction 12 hours to get help in the forums or whatever, then have a second shot at it?  This might also make it easier for international buyers to find a time that's more convenient for them.

Another good idea! The insertion fee would be a little higher since you'd have to pay the max dutch auction insertion fee of $4.80 for each auction but when you splitting that 9.60 (for two dutch auctions) over 1000+ coins that cost is only about $0.01 instead of $0.005 per coin for the insertion and it wouldn't affect the final value fees.

In the case of the LE spliting it up in two auctions the insertion fee would be $0.04 instead of $0.02 but I'm sure most people here aren't going to squabble over 2 cents to have a second chance at an LE. I would hope that the seller would stipulate that the same person couldn't order in both auctions to keep things fair.

You never know about feedback and I am really wierd about my feedback. I have opened a account under the name Geocoin_Sales, I am trying to get verified by Monday so I can do a dutch auction sale.

This is a good idea. I would like more feedback on this. Are people wanting/would like me to do the sale with the 1200 coins also and just not the LE?

Here is why I liked the ebay sale:

There is control over how many are sold.

There is a list of "who got" and how much at the end of the sale.

I would not have to go through each email and count, then post who was "in".

Will I be able to set a international and coin club shipping fees on ebay is my concern. I have emailed prices of shipping to people, but how would that work when people went to pay? International shipping is going to go Global Priority in the 5.00 flat rate envelope.

Will I be able to set a international and coin club shipping fees on ebay is my concern. I have emailed prices of shipping to people, but how would that work when people went to pay? International shipping is going to go Global Priority in the 5.00 flat rate envelope.

You set the price for one item and then an additional cost for each item in the shipping options when you set it up. I'm not sure on the international part but you can state in the auctions that international is XX shipping. It might not be a bad idea to state in the shipping info of the auction that shipping is xx plus y per coin unless prioir arrangements were made (my paypal for the lighthouses keeps showing up with blank shipping so I still can't pay because I have no clue how much to pay for shipping). Also regardless of what you set it up to be on the shipping you can send an updated invoice directly through Ebay for the large coin club orders if need be and it will let you override any prestated shipping.

(my paypal for the lighthouses keeps showing up with blank shipping so I still can't pay because I have no clue how much to pay for shipping).

Mine was like that too, just click pay with paypal and it automaticlaly fills in the shipping. Mine was $4.05 for 4 coins and it autofilled once I selected the pay with paypal button. Try it, you can always not finish paying if it doesn't work.

So you are saying that for international and coin clubs I can invoice them AFTER the sale? Or should I have them, instead of paying, send a invoice request to me? I think them sending me a request after typing in how many they want would be better.

IF-IF, I was to run two sells, one at 10am and one at 10pm, would that help people that will not be around or that are in other country's? Please give me some input on this. I am willing to be the "pig" on this and try it to see if it would work for future coins.

So you are saying that for international and coin clubs I can invoice them AFTER the sale? Or should I have them, instead of paying, send a invoice request to me? I think them sending me a request after typing in how many they want would be better.

For your sanity it's probably best to include a note on the thread post and the auciton page that large orders should request a total with revised shipping. Then you can look at those orders on an individual basis. Either that or go through after the sale and manually send an invoice to those that are over X number of coins.

I wish outdoormand and I had some sales ourselves right now so I could send you a screenshot of how it looks in the ebay sellers screen. In your selling page you will have a list of everyone who bought and what they bought, there will be a drop down list for each person and you can select "send invoice" as long as they haven't paid yet (which the payment status will automatically update as people paypal the $$) and you can set the shipping on those orders there and combine their purchases from multiple auctions to one invoice. Then they can pay from the invoice.

The final invoice will be here today and I also have to figure out what ebay/paypal fees will run if I do the ebay thing. It is looking to be around 7.00-7.50 a coin. I have had people offer to host the sale with a cost of 1.50 per coin to 2.00 per order. I think it will be cheaper to do ebay.

10pm Sunday sale will get everyone in the U.S. trying for the coins at that time. It will be 5am in central Europe. Will U.S. people wait for the second auction? - No. My thinking is that it's better to try for the first sale and if you don't make it, then try for the second (if you can get to a computer). Just the nature of the coin collector. Try for it as soon as you can.

The 10am Monday sell will be 5pm in central Europe. Seems to be a pretty good time for people who get out at 4pm, although not-so-good if you work until 5.

Ok, so let's see if we have this straight. There will be 2 auctions for the standard, the first 600 on Sunday night @ 10pm CST and the second 600 on Monday morning @ 10am CST. Then, in about a week, the 250 LE's will be auctioned. Is this right? If so, sounds good to us!

:lol:

It may not be a week for the LE, that's just a heads-up what it could be. I am not comfy selling that coin with the artowrk not being done and finalized by GC.com for tracking. I hope that everybody can understand that and see why the LE coin may be sold later next week.

I can do both sales on Monday at two different times or one tomorrow and one Monday. Please give me any feedback on this. I know I can not please everybody but I do want to make most happy.