2006 Geocachers Of West Tennessee Coins Ship!

Spencersb

The coins have arrived and I am very pleased with how they turned out!

952896e4-f6dc-4fb1-9d6b-4cdd53762da2.jpg

Frankly, I think the pewter coins lent themselves to the design better than the limited edition gold coins, which are really shiny! Pretty! Just REALLY shiny, and some of the detail is harder to see,

Now, in the interests of FULL DISCLOSURE, I have to let you know something. Due to the CRAPPY inventory control capabilities of PayPal (or rather, the lack thereof), we oversold the pewter coins by 44 coins, and undersold the gold coins by 27. This left us a net 17 coins oversold! :blink: So, I reduced my own personal order, and another member reduced his to make up the difference in the total number. But, as I said, we were short on pewter and long on gold. We could have sold the extra gold and made more pewter, but instead, to keep the editions at their originally advertised numbers, we took all orders that did NOT get a gold coin, and as randomly as I could, I selected 27 orders and replaced one pewter coin with a gold. If you only ordered pewter, and your package contains a gold, congratulations, you're a winner. Also, regarding the cost of the coins, we set our prices to do 3 things: Not lose money; not make much money; and not lose money! The final figures aren't in but we should break a little more than even, and any excess funds will be used to support the website (which just added a cool new chat feature, I might add!)

One last thing, mainly to leaders of coin groups and others who ordered for multiple buyers. The tracking number activation codes are obtained by visiting a URL. We included a business card in each package with the URL on it. Unfortunately, we had all of them packaged up when it dawned on me that we still only put one card in each, no matter how many coins were ordered. Sorry guys and gals, I guess you can share it with your members by hand.

Many thanks to my good geocaching buddy Hoot Owl for helping stuff envelopes and boxes for several hours today! They will start hitting the mail tomorrow. Everything should be out by the middle of next week.

Thanks to all who made the coin a success!

Edited by Spencersb

You guys are awesome. Way to work out the coin quantity issues. I had more then 10+ extra pewter coming to me and could have helped out. Guess that isn't needed now. I'll just be releasing them into the wild anyways. The prices on the coins were just too good not to pass up. Thanks for all the hard work! :D

;) Riddle me this..... How is it these coins can make it from Tennessee to Alaska faster that from Tennessee to Missouri? ;) I believe the postal service has a flaw in the slaw somewhere along the line. :back:

maybe it's the fact that I only mailed out the last packages this morning. I've been working on it every night this week.

But the USPS definately has some major flaws anyway! :mad:

Received mine today, luckily!!

there was a rip in package and post office taped it up, I would suggest in the future, if your going to ship many coins in the same envelope, that you secure their movement more!

Almost ended up with nothing!

BTW Great coin!!

Thanks for the input, live and learn. I think plastic or Tyvek padded envelopes would have worked better than the paper padded ones, too. Mostly I learned never to undertake such a large distribution project again! :wacko:

Edited by Spencersb
Received mine today, luckily!!

there was a rip in package and post office taped it up, I would suggest in the future, if your going to ship many coins in the same envelope, that you secure their movement more!

Almost ended up with nothing!

BTW Great coin!!

You got lucky. Mine arrived empty . . . . :unsure: