Geocaching On 'killer Instict'

sbell111

There's not much going on tonight, so I was doing a channel surfing.  I haven't seen the show before, but I watched for a few minutes.  Before I knew it, a geocacher was killed.

Your post was a bit vague, so please allow me to ask a question or two:

Killed as in "murdered", or killed as in "died of natural causes"?

And, most importantly: does this mean that the cacher did not get to sign the log, and if so, do I still have a chance to be FTF on the cache? Please send cache location! :blink::ph34r:

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I saw the whole episode. It wasn't bad. It's another profiler type cop show, and nowhere good as Criminal Minds with Mandy Patinkin and Thomas Gibson IMO. The dead guy wasn't geocaching, but looking for the epicenter of an earthquake, so it's more like confluencing , or geodashing than geocaching. A psychotic killer was using the same locations as part of his own lethal 'game'.

What was interesting was that the quake chasers got an email alert from the Seismic Research Institute with the coords, much the same way our insta-alert feature now works. In the episode (someone else can confirm if this is factual) the quake chasers leave a signature token-checker, mah-jhong tile, chess man, playing card, at the location-also the way some of us leave sig items. :D

One of the cops found a player's GPS at the scene and instantly knew how to use its advanced features like the track back and calendar features. I didn't recognize the model but it looked like a Garmon Map 76CS. Now my 60C can tell you where I've been with the trackback, or when I was at a cache location with the calendar function, but I don't think the two are combined anywhere. Is this a little Hollywood creative license? :ph34r:

Edited by wimseyguy

I watched that too last night! Never saw it before but when I saw a geocaching like practice going on, I had to watch. It's not nearly as well done as some other similar shows, on NBC and ABC and CBS. This "sick leathal game" was that he was a skitophrenic(Ya I can't spell) who is making sacrifices to stop another earthquake from happening. He does it on all of these quakes 4.0+. He was fine until his brother died two months before at "Dark Hill" an earthquake that killed 63 people. He would kill the people with a long knife and bring them to the epicenter by gunpoint.

I watched that too last night! Never saw it before but when I saw a geocaching like practice going on, I had to watch. It's not nearly as well done as some other similar shows, on NBC and ABC and CBS. This "sick leathal game" was that he was a skitophrenic(Ya I can't spell) who is making sacrifices to stop another earthquake from happening. He does it on all of these quakes 4.0+. He was fine until his brother died two months before at "Dark Hill" an earthquake that killed 63 people. He would kill the people with a long knife and bring them to the epicenter by gunpoint.

Hmmm... does this method of quake prevention really work? If so, why are our top earthquake prevention authorites not employing this method? Is this another example of governmental agency apathy? :D:ph34r::ph34r::D

Hmmm... does this method of quake prevention really work? If so, why are our top earthquake prevention authorites not employing this method? Is this another example of governmental agency apathy?

Ya, the government paid Kiler Instinct to show this so we WOULDN"T think it worked. Crazy cover-up :ph34r: ! It's also a way to get the first to find... Not recommended though, you can't really log a cache while sitting in prision. :D