Geocaching X-stitch

X-stitch Webpage!

I've been working to create a gift for some cachers I really appreciate. I ended up spending some downtime at work playing with the design and after getting some feedback from folks in Cheers, I am making it available as a download for interested cachers. I was going to wait until after the holidays but I've never been good at keeping secrets - the image is:

Geocaching X-stitch picture

The final line-up of characters is editable and the downloadable pattern has a few ideas to start with for folks who want a different cast of characters.

Yes, it requires a free downloadable viewer to view and print, but the program is very small and kinda cool.

Moderators- please move this thread to whatever forum you think it best belongs in if this one isn't appropriate.

-Jennifer

GREAT IDEA!! Very Nice! Thx! This would be a highly sought trade after item B) But I'm afraid this one design may be outta my league. My Grandma taught me before she passed; I'd like to attempt the GC.com logo if you can design that one up?

She also taught me how to crotchet, but so far I've only been able to make this one really loooong string of 3 kinds of stiches. :lol:

Can you design our GC.com logo?

Thanks Jennifer! I love the picture, and I'm going to download the software to my flashdisk tomorrow at work (highspeed at work, dial-up at home!).

Someone mentioned the Geocaching logo. I attempted to replicate the logo but was having difficulty with all the curves. If you work up a logo pattern, I would love to have it! I wanted to create some keychains using those photo keychains but with a cross-stitch GC logo and a FTF saying.

I'll play with some ideas. For the logo, I'd have to get the OK from whoever is in charge of it, will see if I can get it to work first. The software allows jpegs to be imported in and adjusted, it is how I was able to define the colors for this piece was to allow it to determine the closest thread colors based on importing the logo. :ph34r:

All the small bits of the big piece are removeable for use in other things. Originally, the border was made up of the bison capsul design, repeated with all their color variations. That row makes a cute book mark design, and the landscape is made to fit below wording fairly easily.

I'll play tomorrow night with a few other ideas I've had.

(1NatureMom- I can't crochet anything but long strings either!)

:lol:

-Jennifer