Red-handed Coins

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all,

Just a heads-up -- the red-handed coins have begun shipping. Nielsenc has assisted by setting up an activation code retrieval system at: www.oakcoins.com

This means I no longer have to write out or match coins to codes prior to shipping. Which, in turn, means you can expect all coins to be mailed by Tuesday! (whoo hooo!)

Of the ones I have mailed, most were sent from Columbus, Ohio airport on Wednesday -- I'm not sure how long items take in the US Postal system, but I imagine a ring of reciepients will begin to form in the next couple days.

Hello all,

Just a heads-up -- the red-handed coins have begun shipping. Nielsenc has assisted by setting up an activation code retrieval system at: www.oakcoins.com

This means I no longer have to write out or match coins to codes prior to shipping. Which, in turn, means you can expect all coins to be mailed by Tuesday! (whoo hooo!)

Of the ones I have mailed, most were sent from Columbus, Ohio airport on Wednesday -- I'm not sure how long items take in the US Postal system, but I imagine a ring of reciepients will begin to form in the next couple days.

Emailed you

Hello all,

Any idea where mine are ????

Haven't seen mine yet... maybe today.

Me either, but there's hope. Someone in Nashville received them just yesterday... that's closer to GA. That same person has also not received his GOWT and he's in the same state they shipped out of!

I got mine here in Texas yesterday. When I looked at the package and relized it came from Canada it hit me why it took so long.

Me either, but there's hope. Someone in Nashville received them just yesterday... that's closer to GA. That same person has also not received his GOWT and he's in the same state they shipped out of!

I got mine here in Texas yesterday. When I looked at the package and relized it came from Canada it hit me why it took so long.

Okay, well he said he mailed nearly all the US coins from Ohio. So that's what I am basing the delay on.

Okay, well he said he mailed nearly all the US coins from Ohio. So that's what I am basing the delay on.

Mine had a customs form on it. If the coins are coming through Canada, it will take awhile at this time of year to get through customs.

Opps -- sorry if I mis-lead. I mailed MANY coins from the US while on a business trip, but I couldn't carry-on 100+ envelops stuffed with coins! :(

As it was, I lost my photo ID in Las Vegas and had to go through the "puffer"

All is ok in the world today. I got my red handed coins.

Question:

Somebody emailed me and said there is a "keeper" version that does not say "It has been stolen" on the back. Is this true?

No, not at all. The "keeper" is one that has a Sheriff card with it. So if someone says "HEY! you STOLE that!" you can take out your Sherriff card and show them you are legit.

I went and did something really strange with these coins. I made them all the same (except a single gold one due to an extra tracking number) and let folks order as many as they wanted! In fact, what do you pay in the US for TB Tags? I think these are cheaper.

I really hope these travel.

I went and did something really strange with these coins. I made them all the same (except a single gold one due to an extra tracking number) and let folks order as many as they wanted! In fact, what do you pay in the US for TB Tags? I think these are cheaper.

Using paypal (off the tracking page) and buying blocks of 8 you can get TB tags for 4.25 each ($34 per 8).

All is ok in the world today.  I got my red handed coins. 

Question:

Somebody emailed me and said there is a "keeper" version that does not say "It has been stolen" on the back.  Is this true?

No, not at all. The "keeper" is one that has a Sheriff card with it. So if someone says "HEY! you STOLE that!" you can take out your Sherriff card and show them you are legit.

I really hope these travel.

The price doesn't seem to have too much to do with whether or not they will be stolen. The USA Geocoins are only slightly more expensive than TB tags but they get stolen MUCH more, simply because they are more rare. And the sad thing is that the USA coins are many times more common than any of the other trackable coins out there--so good luck getting any other coins to move!

Isn't there only about 600 of these coins? There is no way they will move more than maybe two caches tops. Better to give them to people as a sort of a "gag" gift!

Ah....but that will have to wait until I get mine!