Pocket Queries

Dan and Taya

The Pocket Queries deliver .zip files to your email.

You can open them and manipulate the data on your PC with a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) which I highly recommend.

I think GPXSonar is the program you use on the iPAQ.

I have an inexpensive Palm M500 and use Cachemate on it.

Keep it coming, folks. dadgum land surveyors are notorious for spending more time researching a project than the time it takes in the field. :P

I guess I'm overwhelmed at the interaction of GC, Google Earth, GPSr applications, pocket pc applications, and the mechanics of how to make them work together.

Edited by Dan and Taya

Ha, a topic a day late and...well you know...for me. I just got an Ipaq rx1950 2 weeks ago. 2 words: GSAK and GPXSONAR! Friggin amazing!!! Get your PQ. Use GSAK to manipulate it and get it to the GPSr. Use GPXSONAR to dump it to your Ipaq, and away you go!!! Weeeeeee!!! I'm lovin' it and I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of either program's capabilities!!! :P

Keep in touch and let me know any tips/tricks you pick up and I'll do the same. The only issue I've found mentioned with GPXSONAR and the Windows Mobile 5.0 has something to do with a file not being created properly thus limiting the field note capability. As I understand it, this prevents the proper downloading of notes I've made of the cache while in the field. However, with the rx1950 or rx1955's voice record feature, which I've been using for my notes, I'm not sure why I'd want to bother typing with the little stylus while in the field. :P So I don't see it as an issue. Especially since they said it would be fixed with the upcoming new release of GPXSONAR.

Edited by Jester2112