This Dad Stuff Is Paying Off

Bull Moose

My 9 month old daughter "gave" me my Christmas present early yesterday - a brand spanking new eXplorist 600 to replace my comparatively bulky, monochromatic Meridian Gold. Yee-haw!

"She" decided I needed it early since I only have about 5 weeks between classes to squeeze in as many caches as possible. I think she may be angling for riding in the Kelty Kids pack for many of them.

Too bad it's dark after work these days....

And for all of you Garmin folks ready to skewer the eXplorist 600 - remember, she's not even a year old. :P

Just remember you can't have TOO MANY GPSs Bring your new Magellan to the GPS Accuracy Contest at the Spring Fling and show us just how great it is. This year GZ will be set by a Surveyor using a professinal quality GPS. Dick, W7WT

WoW, Matt I just looked at the specs on the GPS your daughter got you. With that great GPS you will have no excuse for not finding any caches. One smart kid you have there.

Edited by W7WT
Maybe after she learns to read, she'll upgrade you to a Garmin.  :lol:

Seriously, hope you have fun and find a lot of good caches with it, Bull.

I'm Garmin guy, but that eXplorist 600 looks like a nice unit! Price tag is rather high though. Ouch!

Yeah... looks like she got ahold of mom's credit card.

(Posted for all to admire my spankin' new avatar/ logo. Thank you GoLeft)

:ph34r: Very nice avatar!

We should change ours. It's been the same since we started. But dang... that's how Chloe looks every morning.... all snuggled in the covers BETWEEN us!

PS. I hope there will be another event this summer so we can enjoy your pleasant company again!

Hand it to your daughter while you are filling out the log.

Do I risk stepping on it or baby slobber. Hmm... tough call.

Also thanks for the spoiler. I need all the help, I can get.

The cache site is out of the picture. And it's a terracache. And it's archived now. So I don't think it'll do you much good, Dick.

:wacko:

The cache site is out of the picture. And it's a terracache. And it's archived now. So I don't think it'll do you much good, Dick.

:blink:

Gee, I was hoping that it would be the cache site of Ray's "NAD/Soroptimist Park. I see that the Grays found it after dark. I will have to try again. Thanks Dick, W7WT

:blink:

Gee, I was hoping that it would be the cache site of Ray's "NAD/Soroptimist Park. I see that the Grays found it after dark. I will have to try again. Thanks Dick, W7WT

If I knew where the heck that one was, I'd give you a hint. :blink:

[Gee, I was hoping that it would be the cache site of Ray's "NAD/Soroptimist Park. I see that the Grays found it after dark. I will have to try again. Thanks Dick, W7WT

If I knew where the heck that one was, I'd give you a hint. :blink:

Well first thing is that the gps should be able to handle a little slobber but I'm not sure was the crush strength is for it. :blink:

As for the NAD cache it was a lot of fun in the dark but I'm not sure how safe and sane it was. :blink: