Limited Edition Lighthouse Series

JMBella

After reading this thread I just wanted to say what a great job JMBella did with this. Being the first one to try something is always a risk, but all in all I think most of the people didn't have any problem. Yeah, it sounds like there were a few problems, but the system seemed to work at holding the sale to the right number of coins and working worldwide. Sounds like PayPal was a major glitch again.

So far I think every coin sale has had their problems in one way or another. This seemed to be better than most.

BTW, the coin looks really nice. Any idea how often you'll be issuing one from the series? You should also take a look at Michigan Lighthouses. There's a bunch, very nice looking, and caches at many of them.

Since it hasn't been said enough and there has been plenty of negative comments..........

Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Please don't scrap the whole project because of a few inconsiderate people.

Ditto what some others said. Don't let the few spiteful comments rain on your parade!

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I think I needed to read that. I was starting to lose hope. :anitongue: I also got outside and went geocaching. Remember that? So I feel better now.

OK, couple of things I did wrong. It should have been flat rate shipping. I was trying to be a fair as possible but as it turns out, shipping is pretty much the same, or very close, anywhere in the US. It's was around $1.70 (which includes packaging & handling). (BTW, who said they didn't get a break when they bought 5 coins and the shipping was $5.63? $1.70 x 5 = $8.50.) As far as the over seas shipping. It's definitely going to cost more than $4 but I'll eat that. No big deal. The next thing I did wrong, even though you all KNOW this is a pre-sale, I don't think I posted whne these will be shipped. Some of you read the DELIVERY time on ebay. I have no control over what that says. That is determined by what shipping method is used. Delivery time is from when they are actually mailed. I'm sure 99% of you all realize this is a pre-order and it will be a few weeks before these go out.

Next problem with doing these on ebay is that almost everyone has one name for geocaching, another name on ebay and yet another name for paypal. Listen folks, I've got a touch of the ADD as it is but I don't think anyone can figure this one out. If you know you ordered too many coins, the only way for me to know is 1: Wait until they actually ship or 2: PM me (don't email me I've got like 500 emails in there right now) and tell me how many coins you ordered, how many you actually want, your geoname, paypal name and ebay name.

We'll work these kinks out and get it better next time. Thanks again to those who were understanding and to those who aren't... you can still kiss my a$s. :laughing:

(side note: I notice that the person who accused me of blatantly ripping people off removed that comment from their post and I appreciate that.)

I think that JMBella did (and is doing) a heck of a job. I have sold many things on Ebay, but never this quanity and in such a short time. I had many issues selling 45 items in one day not alone 400 in 40 minutes. So GOOD JOB JMBELLA!!!

I am still waiting for some positive feedback for my prompt payment when I purchased the coin . . . :lol:

I don't think that you had a choice in that matter. For doing what is required doesn't mean that you deserver prompt positive feedback. :lol:

Actually, you do all deserve positive feedback. I'll get to it but it's not on the top of my priority list.

As far as the pending payments, I have no idea why that's happening. I sent an email to paypal and am awaiting a response. It's only a couple out of hundreds that say that.

As far as the pending payments, I have no idea why that's happening. I sent an email to paypal and am awaiting a response. It's only a couple out of hundreds that say that.

I suspect that's an eBay thing. I've used eBay for many years now, and I find that if I click the PayPal link from eBay, then it shows that the item is paid. However, if I select the PayPal link from the email they send after winning a bid, then it doesn't seem to update the information on the eBay site.

As long as they have the receipt from PayPal saying that the payment went through, they should be fine.

I am still waiting for some positive feedback for my prompt payment when I purchased the coin . . . :lol:

I don't think that you had a choice in that matter. For doing what is required doesn't mean that you deserver prompt positive feedback. :lol:

Actually, you do all deserve positive feedback. I'll get to it but it's not on the top of my priority list.

You get the pending think when someone uses a Echeck to pay for iten using PayPal. When I had someone pay that way it took about 4 days to clear.

Richard

I am still waiting for some positive feedback for my prompt payment when I purchased the coin . . . ;)

I don't think that you had a choice in that matter. For doing what is required doesn't mean that you deserver prompt positive feedback. :back:

You get the pending think when someone uses a Echeck to pay for iten using PayPal. When I had someone pay that way it took about 4 days to clear.

Richard

I just went through all the transactions from the Lighthouse sale. Every one of them has cleared my account including the eChecks. Not sure why it's showing up pending for a couple of people but you're all good in any case.

Edited by JMBella

JMBella,

I think you have handled this "experiment" very well. I know it has been a little frustrating for all of us, but we all seemed to survive it. Thanks for all the hard work. I am looking forward to those other designs you mentioned.

Quick question, What ever happened to the Waiting list for the Gold Lighthouses?

Thanks

JimT

Terrible Ts

JMBella, You have done a great job with this sale so far.

Any hints about how many coins different designs will be in the series total or how often they will be released?

So far I have 2 other designs ready to go. One will be up for pre-sale right after the holidays and the other shortly after that one. I'll be investigating a few more lighthouses and possibly even visiting them for ideas on more coins. I would like each lighthouse featured on the coin to have a cache hidden there. Or at least one that HAD a cache there. I'm open to suggestions.

JMBella,  You have done a great job with this sale so far. 

Any hints about how many coins different designs will be in the series total or how often they will be released?

So far I have 2 other designs ready to go. One will be up for pre-sale right after the holidays and the other shortly after that one. I'll be investigating a few more lighthouses and possibly even visiting them for ideas on more coins. I would like each lighthouse featured on the coin to have a cache hidden there. Or at least one that HAD a cache there. I'm open to suggestions.

Lights in my eye's Captain is an archived virt of the Navesink Twin Lights. One of the coolest lighthouses I've visited. This cache is dead but there are 8 others inside of 2 miles of it. Well worth a visit if not it's own coin. <_<

dce2584b-e6f3-4de9-8d32-38d78991730e.jpg

Just reiterate what I said in another thread.......

I've enlisted the help of my wife and she is packing the Lighthouse coins right now. (you have no idea what that's costing me :grin:) The first half of the lighthouse coins will be shipped today.

By the end of this week all LIGO and Lighthouse coins will have been shipped.

Thanks again for your patience.

Anyone else having trouble getting their Activation Codes for the LightHouse Coins?

I have to say that I'm not impressed with the geocoinclub.com method of retreiving the codes. There is no feedback when you have a bad tracking number...the only feedback is that you don't get an email.

I have 3 LH Coins I've been trying to get ACs for...and nothing back yet...3 for 3.

This is really beginning to (I won't say it here)........ :lol:

I am now getting an error that says: The submitted code does not exist in the database. If you believe this is in error email info@geocoinclub.com

Sorry about this, but I'm not finding any of the activation codes in our database.  Are you sure that they are supposed to be available here?

Ben