Limited Edition Lighthouse Series

JMBella

Still wanna know if you're doing Hatteras.  :blink:

and Tybee :ph34r:

Hatteras is defnitely an option. Is there a cache there?

I was thinking about doing one for Cape Henry since it was the first lighthouse structure authorized by our "New" Government.

There was a virtual cache there called Dueling Lighthouses but it has been archived.

Dueling Lighthouses.

6e5ff40f-650e-4249-8a69-e47e05666f18.jpg

Edited by JMBella

I guess it can't hurt to get on the wait list, but I'm sure there isn't much chance of getting one that way.

Anybody want to trade?

I have an extra silver Ontario coming and still have an unactivated LE silver Tennessee. All of my trade coins are on the list in my signature line.

Still wanna know if you're doing Hatteras.  :blink:

and Tybee :ph34r:

Hatteras is defnitely an option. Is there a cache there?

I was thinking about doing one for Cape Henry since it was the first lighthouse structure authorized by our "New" Government.

There was a virtual cache there called Dueling Lighthouses but it has been archived.

Dueling Lighthouses.

6e5ff40f-650e-4249-8a69-e47e05666f18.jpg

How's about Point No Point in Washington State?

I thought this was a fun way to buy coins. Look for future 9key-designed coins to be sold this way.

Luckily I was at the computer *and* on eBay at exactly 6 PM central and got 2 of each metal. Wheeeee!

I like it but I've been buying and selling on ebay for years so it's second nature for me. I can see where someone who doesn't usually shop on Ebay would struggle a little (for example those who had trouble searching for the coins due to syntax issues).

After reading this thread I just wanted to say what a great job JMBella did with this. Being the first one to try something is always a risk, but all in all I think most of the people didn't have any problem. Yeah, it sounds like there were a few problems, but the system seemed to work at holding the sale to the right number of coins and working worldwide. Sounds like PayPal was a major glitch again.

So far I think every coin sale has had their problems in one way or another. This seemed to be better than most.

BTW, the coin looks really nice. Any idea how often you'll be issuing one from the series? You should also take a look at Michigan Lighthouses. There's a bunch, very nice looking, and caches at many of them.

WOW!!! The auction no sooner came up on Ebay, and the gold coins were sold out!

I was able to get one bronze though. Anyone selling a gold coin, please let me know. I'm just starting my geocoin collection and the bronze lighthouse coin will be the second in my collection. The only other one I have is the 2005 Groundspeak gold coin.

I got in for 2 gold and 3 bronze. As I'm in the UK I requested a total as I wasn't sure what postage to add.

Turns out the 'add $4 for international orders' is per coin not per order. So now I have to pay $20 for shipping 5 coins. It doesn't say it's per coin in the description.

I think this is way out of order, especially since you lucky folks in the US have saved by combining shipping.

I know International orders take a bit more admin, like filling in the customs form etc, but $4 per coin is just greedy. It's not like my 5 coins have to be sent in 5 different envelopes.

Sorry this seems like a rant, but many people who live in Europe have been getting upset lately about the fact that we are charged way more for shipping than is reasonable. In some cases we have had to pay more for the coins too, as well as extra on the shipping.

T

I got in for 2 gold and 3 bronze. As I'm in the UK I requested a total as I wasn't sure what postage to add.

Turns out the 'add $4 for international orders' is per coin not per order. So now I have to pay $20 for shipping 5 coins. It doesn't say it's per coin in the description.

I think this is way out of order, especially since you lucky folks in the US have saved by combining shipping.

I know International orders take a bit more admin, like filling in the customs form etc, but $4 per coin is just greedy. It's not like my 5 coins have to be sent in 5 different envelopes.

Sorry this seems like a rant, but many people who live in Europe have been getting upset lately about the fact that we are charged way more for shipping than is reasonable. In some cases we have had to pay more for the coins too, as well as extra on the shipping.

T

For us, we found the best thing to do is just have International Orders add an extra $5.00 per order. That covers our cost, except when they have been returned for wrong address and we had to resend them.

Couple of points:

For US orders, we can print out labels, stamps and drop them in the nearest post box.

For Int Orders, We have to fill out the customs forms, take them to the post, wait in line and have them log each one in their computers.

There is a lot more work to do Int orders.

I dont think anyone has S&H down pat yet (here for Geocoins) but I think it is getting better.

I did not get lucky enough to get the LE so I had just put in the $4.00 overseas shipping charges on the bronze coins that I did get. So I did not request shipping charges. I totally agree that $20.00 shipping is over the top!

I don't know if anyone else noticed but on the ebay page itself it did state that coins would be shipped within 2-9 days. I do hope this is the case:) False advertising is not good.

Now that this order thread has been done on ebay I see that others are going to use it as a PRE_ORDER way of doing it. The next thing you will see are the pre-ordered coins up for sale there as well.

Sorry but if I make a purchase on ebay it is a personal thing and the item I am buying should arrive within a reasonable amount of time (3-5 days as the postal service allows) not 6-8 weeks later

My opinion

Lynn

For US orders, we can print out labels, stamps and drop them in the nearest post box.

For Int Orders, We have to fill out the customs forms, take them to the post, wait in line and have them log each one in their computers.

There is a lot more work to do Int orders.

I agree it take more work, as I have to do the same thing myself when sending coins to the US.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for my 5 coins, there will be one customs form, one envelope and one line to wait in to send it. So why add the charge 5 times?

I expect to pay extra for shipping and handling, but as long as it's reasonable.

T

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

T

I agree with you when it comes to international shipping fees that are far too high. I stepped back two days ago from ordering 2 personal coins with a shipping fee of $10 because I felt ripped off. Comment of the seller: no problem, they are already sold again to people on the wait list. Ah well...

But in case of the lighthouse coins we didn't have the same experience than you. We could order 2 gold and 3 bronze in one order with one additional shipping fee of $4. So that was a very fair deal. Maybe you will get the overpaid fees refunded? I would ask the seller (who has a great sense of humour by the way) before complaining because I think it wasn't meant like $4 for each coin. Maybe there was just a mistake with ebay.

Greetings to the UK,

Heidi

I would ask the seller (who has a great sense of humour by the way) before complaining because I think it wasn't meant like $4 for each coin. Maybe there was just a mistake with ebay.

Greetings to the UK,

Heidi

I read the $4 in the description as being $4 per order, but unfortunately the invoice I have been sent does state $20 shipping.

I would ask the seller (who has a great sense of humour by the way) before complaining because I think it wasn't meant like $4 for each coin. Maybe there was just a mistake with ebay.

Greetings to the UK,

Heidi

I read the $4 in the description as being $4 per order, but unfortunately the invoice I have been sent does state $20 shipping.

Too bad you can't have someone in the states have the coins shipped to them and then re-ship for cost. I would do it if it didn't mess up the only X number per household address restrictions.

I dont think anyone has S&H down pat yet (here for Geocoins) but I think it is getting better.

I have.

For EU & UK coins, the USA/Canada orders shipped from within the US and EU/Australia orders shipped from the UK. All at reasonable prices. I even give coin clubs free Priority insured shipping.

I can see why people in the EU are getting peed off with some of the prices they are being quoted for shipping.

Alex.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Greetings to the UK,

Heidi

I bet if you send JM Bella an email he'd refund $16 of the $20, I'm sure it was an oversight.

I'm still waiting for my invoice (for a US order) because mine showed no shipping and wanted me to fill it in myself, I have no clue what it should be.

I bought 2 gold and 2 bronze to fly out to Germany and the payment site stated US$4 for international shipping to be filled out manually, so I did enter US$ 4 as additional fee and payd all up ... Hopefully this was right to do so...

Btw. when do we expect these coins to arrive?

WOW! Everyone chill out! As MOST of you correctly assumed, $20 was an error for the 5 coins. I miss read the shipping charges for Germany and the UK and thought it was going to cost me $3.85 per coin to ship them there. You could have sent me an email or I would have caught the error myself eventually. I'll refund the difference. It should have said "Add $4.00 to the Shipping Total" which isn't even enough. Live and learn. I set the preferances to charge for the total weight of the order and reduced the Packaging and handling fee for multi orders. I can't explain why it's costing $5.60 to ship to NY but that's what the website is telling me. Shipping to overseas should probably be something like $8. I don't know. I've come to the conclusion that there's no easy way to do this.

You know, I've got 3 more, really beautiful designs lined up but I don't think it's worth it. Some of you people don't think before you post. Especially whoever wrote I was blatantly ripping someone off. YOU CAN KISS MY FRIGGIN' A$S!

For the rest of the reasonable, intelligent people. Thank you very much for your orders and your patience.

Edited by JMBella

I like this idea of a dutch auction and letting you know when it will be listed. Seems it would save time and headache with sorting emails, counting, etc. Maybe I'll do this next time I have coins minted......Seems the best way I've seen so far other than maybe webpage getting too much traffic, which happens with paypal and email anyway. Way to think! Did it work out ok for the lister and were there any hang up issues for the bidders?? :D

I like this idea of a dutch auction and letting you know when it will be listed. Seems it would save time and headache with sorting emails, counting, etc. Maybe I'll do this next time I have coins minted......Seems the best way I've seen so far other than maybe webpage getting too much traffic, which happens with paypal and email anyway. Way to think! Did it work out ok for the lister and were there any hang up issues for the bidders?? :D

I'm still trying to decide if it was a better way to go. When you add ebay into the equation you also add ANOTHER list of usernames. Most people have one name for geocaching, one for ebay and another for paypal. This makes it very difficult to sort out any over orders.

WOW! Everyone chill out! As MOST of you correctly assumed, $20 was an error for the 5 coins.

Sorry about that.

As a lot of us international buyers have been ripped off by other sellers in the last couple of weeks, I assumed this was the same thing.

I posted on here to find out if others had the same issues. Luckily I haven't paid the invoice yet, so I will deduct the extra $16 from the total and pay now.

Tigger

I checked mine and for the 3 bronze coins (30 seconds too late for the gold) was only charged the $4 so agree it must of been a mistake with yours.

Edited by G Force

You know, I've got 3 more, really beautiful designs lined up but I don't think it's worth it. Some of you people don't think before you post. Especially whoever wrote I was blatantly ripping someone off. YOU CAN KISS MY FRIGGIN' A$S!

For the rest of the reasonable, intelligent people. Thank you very much for your orders and your patience.

Since it hasn't been said enough and there has been plenty of negative comments..........

Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Please don't scrap the whole project because of a few inconsiderate people.

After reading this thread I just wanted to say what a great job JMBella did with this. Being the first one to try something is always a risk, but all in all I think most of the people didn't have any problem. Yeah, it sounds like there were a few problems, but the system seemed to work at holding the sale to the right number of coins and working worldwide. Sounds like PayPal was a major glitch again.

So far I think every coin sale has had their problems in one way or another. This seemed to be better than most.

BTW, the coin looks really nice. Any idea how often you'll be issuing one from the series? You should also take a look at Michigan Lighthouses. There's a bunch, very nice looking, and caches at many of them.

Since it hasn't been said enough and there has been plenty of negative comments..........

Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Please don't scrap the whole project because of a few inconsiderate people.

Ditto what some others said. Don't let the few spiteful comments rain on your parade!

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I think I needed to read that. I was starting to lose hope. :ph34r: I also got outside and went geocaching. Remember that? So I feel better now.

OK, couple of things I did wrong. It should have been flat rate shipping. I was trying to be a fair as possible but as it turns out, shipping is pretty much the same, or very close, anywhere in the US. It's was around $1.70 (which includes packaging & handling). (BTW, who said they didn't get a break when they bought 5 coins and the shipping was $5.63? $1.70 x 5 = $8.50.) As far as the over seas shipping. It's definitely going to cost more than $4 but I'll eat that. No big deal. The next thing I did wrong, even though you all KNOW this is a pre-sale, I don't think I posted whne these will be shipped. Some of you read the DELIVERY time on ebay. I have no control over what that says. That is determined by what shipping method is used. Delivery time is from when they are actually mailed. I'm sure 99% of you all realize this is a pre-order and it will be a few weeks before these go out.

Next problem with doing these on ebay is that almost everyone has one name for geocaching, another name on ebay and yet another name for paypal. Listen folks, I've got a touch of the ADD as it is but I don't think anyone can figure this one out. If you know you ordered too many coins, the only way for me to know is 1: Wait until they actually ship or 2: PM me (don't email me I've got like 500 emails in there right now) and tell me how many coins you ordered, how many you actually want, your geoname, paypal name and ebay name.

We'll work these kinks out and get it better next time. Thanks again to those who were understanding and to those who aren't... you can still kiss my a$s. :D

(side note: I notice that the person who accused me of blatantly ripping people off removed that comment from their post and I appreciate that.)

RE: Future Lighthouses.

I will take all your suggestions into consideration but if I know another organization is using one (i.e. Tybee Island in GA) I won't step on anyone's toes.

99% sure the next one will be Cape Henry for it obvious historical significance and uniqueness.

Stay tuned. :D

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about $5.63 for shipping. I was pointing out that I was in the same state and It cost me $5.63 to get the coins, so it could easily cost more to send overseas. I guess in the middle of the storm, my comments were viewed negatively. Not the way I intended them. :D

I just shipped off my first coin in a trade and it cost $1.88 postage, .45 for the envelope, and some for the packaging and tape, so $5+ was not excessive. So about $2.50 to ship 1 coin.

Enjoy

Edited by rojeel
I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about $5.63 for shipping. I was pointing out that I was in the same state and It cost me $5.63 to get the coins, so it could easily cost more to send overseas. I guess in the middle of the storm, my comments were viewed negatively. Not the way I intended them. :D

I just shipped off my first coin in a trade and it cost $1.88 postage, .45 for the envelope, and some for the packaging and tape, so $5+ was not excessive. So about $2.50 to ship 1 coin.

Enjoy

No problem. Thanks for following up with that post.

We have two orders by mistake as well. The first one was for 2 gold and when we couldn't find the bronze version we paid. But while we paid the bronze version showed up, so we added 3 of them to our basket and paid for all 5 coins. What we were afraid of happened: the two golden coins before were totally paid as well and we couldn't cancel it anymore. We are very sorry for that (not used at all to ebay auctions) and have written an email immediately. We would be very happy with the second order (2 gold and 3 bronze) and would still like to cancel the first order (2 gold), please.

We apologize for the irritation,

Balla & Silly

Meanwhile our first order was cancelled and we got the money back. We feel much better now, thanks! :anitongue:

Which means for everybody on the waitlist: 2 more gold are available again...