Limited Edition Lighthouse Series

JMBella

So there will be 2 auctions listed. If I buy on both auctions, do you charge double shipping costs?

How much is the shipping charge per coin going to be?

Depends on where it's being shipped to but all the areas I checked were well under $2 except for international orders. I'm trying to figure out why some coins on ebay cost $5 or more for shipping. Hope I don't get burned. Between actual shipping costs, envelopes, fees and labels I think I'm covered.

I also think I worked out the issues with multiple purchases so those who buy more that 1 coin will get a break on shipping.

I don't mind being the guinea pig for pre-sales on ebay but nobody hang me if this thing doesn't go perfectly. :P

Well I also can't wait to see how this works out.  I may do this with the LE Kansas because I think it would be so much easier for me to handle it.

Ugh, I hope you don't. The fees alone are going to make coins too pricey... extra 60 cents minimum in the price per coin is for ebay and that's if no special features are used like gallery, bold, etc.

Why would we want to add special features to a coin listing on that E place when the multiple pictures are already listed here, just one pic on the E listing to confirm it's the right item should be plenty since those going to buy should already know what they are getting. To pay for Galleries seems like overkill.

Well I also can't wait to see how this works out.  I may do this with the LE Kansas because I think it would be so much easier for me to handle it.

Ugh, I hope you don't. The fees alone are going to make coins too pricey... extra 60 cents minimum in the price per coin is for ebay and that's if no special features are used like gallery, bold, etc.

Why would we want to add special features to a coin listing on that E place when the multiple pictures are already listed here, just one pic on the E listing to confirm it's the right item should be plenty since those going to buy should already know what they are getting. To pay for Galleries seems like overkill.

Listing fee is $.35 for 9.99 or less. Closing fee would be $.25... that's the $.60

If the coin is listed at $10, then the listing fee jumps to $.60 and the closing will still be $.25... that's $.85 more per coin to cover just the ebay fees.

Anything else used in the listing will increase the costs.

I think the only way to truely control inventory is to set up your own store like neilsenc or go with a vendor like thecachingplace.com

It's not the added features that get ya, it's the fees per coin. The listing only cost about a penny per coin.

I can see trying to incorporate some of the ebay fees but I'm willing to eat the paypal fees.

The fees alone are going to make coins too pricey... extra 60 cents minimum in the price per coin is for ebay and that's if no special features are used like gallery, bold, etc.

I just did the math.

All the ebay fees (no fancy gallery and extra stuff just a simple dutch auction) on the LE of 100 coins should be $0.58 per coin. On the 300 Standard coins it should be $0.47 per coin.

Because the insertion fee is capped at $4.80 on a dutch auction the fees per coin will vary slightly based on the number of coins sold.

Edited by outdoorlady79
The fees alone are going to make coins too pricey... extra 60 cents minimum in the price per coin is for ebay and that's if no special features are used like gallery, bold, etc.

I just did the math.

All the ebay fees (no fancy gallery and extra stuff just a simple dutch auction) on the LE of 100 coins should be $0.58 per coin. On the 300 Standard coins it should be $0.47 per coin.

Because the insertion fee is capped at $4.80 on a dutch auction the fees per coin will vary slightly based on the number of coins sold.

Well that's better. I didn't realize they gave you a break on the dutch auction style.

Will you be posting the links?

I'll defintely post the links but I have a feeling most of you will find it faster than I can post it. :P

Title of the listings are:

Limited Edition Lighthouse Series Geocoin - GOLD

Limited Edition Lighthouse Series Geocoin - BRONZE

Everything is ready to go and will automatically start at 7:00 (EST) and the links won't work until then.

45 minutes to go!

I just did the math.

so you included everything including closing fees? .50 per coin does not sound too bad. off course I suspect paypal will cost another 60-80 cents

As a buyer it will be nice to know right away that we bought a coin instead of waiting hours for someone to email you like some other sales....

and of course the seller does not have to deal with hundreds of emails and sending invoices and or worring about over sell.

I think this idea has some potential is while there is a cost it is not unreasonable if it goes well.

guess we will find out in the next couple of hours :P

Listing fee is $.35 for 9.99 or less. Closing fee would be $.25... that's the $.60

If the coin is listed at $10, then the listing fee jumps to $.60 and the closing will still be $.25... that's $.85 more per coin to cover just the ebay fees.

Anything else used in the listing will increase the costs.

I think the only way to truely control inventory is to set up your own store like neilsenc or go with a vendor like thecachingplace.com

Since www.geoswag.com is a general store and not tied to any one product, we will be happy to host other products on our store.

For example, we are going to start carrying items from Groundspeak like Travel Bugs to make it a more one stop shopping.

If someone would like us to help out with inventory control, please contact me.

Regards,

nielsenc

I just did the math.

so you included everything including closing fees? .50 per coin does not sound too bad. off course I suspect paypal will cost another 60-80 cents

As a buyer it will be nice to know right away that we bought a coin instead of waiting hours for someone to email you like some other sales....

and of course the seller does not have to deal with hundreds of emails and sending invoices and or worring about over sell.

I think this idea has some potential is while there is a cost it is not unreasonable if it goes well.

Paypal fees on a $10 order is about $0.60.

nielsenc

Paypal fees on a $10 order is about $0.60.

nielsenc

Yeah, the paypal fees hurt. I'll definitely contact you about hosting sales on future coins. I'm also going to look into building a commerce site. We'll just have to weigh everything out and see what is the most cost effective.

Edited by JMBella

I'll defintely post the links but I have a feeling most of you will find it faster than I can post it. :P

Everything is ready to go and will automatically start at 7:00 (EST) and the links won't work until then.

45 minutes to go!

Are these set up "Immediate Payment required" auctions? Meaning they aren't reserved for you till you complete the whole paypal process on each auciton?

Just wondered as this will slow people down a bit where if it's not required you can commit to buy then pay for both together (and the seller pays less in paypal fees in the long run and shipping fees will likely be lower since combined)

45 minutes to go!

Are these set up "Immediate Payment required" auctions? Meaning they aren't reserved for you till you complete the whole paypal process on each auciton?

Just wondered as this will slow people down a bit where if it's not required you can commit to buy then pay for both together (and the seller pays less in paypal fees in the long run and shipping fees will likely be lower since combined)

I plan to request invoice from seller after I have made my purchases. That way both coins can be combined in 1 payment.

45 minutes to go!

I plan to request invoice from seller after I have made my purchases. That way both coins can be combined in 1 payment.

Can we do this coin selling people? :P

I just did the math.

If they are listed as "immediate payment required" this won't work, because you have to complete the paypal transaction to get the coins. If it isn't and the shipping discounts are set up right it will allow you to pay for both auctions with the combined shipping automatically figured.

If they are listed as "immediate payment required" this won't work, because you have to complete the paypal transaction to get the coins. If it isn't and the shipping discounts are set up right it will allow you to pay for both auctions with the combined shipping automatically figured.

Well I sure hope it's configured like normal auctions.

Well I sure hope it's configured like normal auctions.

me too, it will take too much time to fill out all the paypal stuff before doing the next auction

45 minutes to go!

At first they were but I see your point. I changed it and we'll see how it goes. It's a normal auction so you can go right from one the other.

5 MINUTES!!

Edited by JMBella

At first they were but I see your point. I changed it and we'll see how it goes.

You may have a few stragglers tha tyou have to remind to pay but most of us I think will pay pretty quick :P