How Many More Versions?

bushwackin' schmo

I do no think this should even be an issue myself. The coin was made in honor of a geocacher that passed in a horriable accident. The money is for her childeren who no longer have their mother. How dare people be "upset" (if you are) that there is another coin edition out there that they can't have! The other coins being kept are in her honor by friends and the final coin is for her family. Stop complaining about the extra coin addition and be part of the geocaching family by donating a few dollars for her childeren. It is close to Chirstmas and it will be a Christmas without their mom, maybe your few dollars can help make it better.

I say good idea to YemonYime and his crew for thinking of this and creating this coin for her and her family. I hope it brings alot of money to them.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
This is not the only example of a new version poppin' up. I know it's for a good cause but the coin counts and versions are starting to get fuzzie, who can keep count anymore.

So what is your actual problem with this? Is is that you can't keep track of them, becuause Vargsled is tracking all of them.

If it's becuase you can't afford it, that's fine.

But to single out this one (of all of them out there) is tacky IMO.

If there was ever a good cause to sell a special geocoin, this is it.

It was my understanding that this coin was not made just for the family but rather as a personal coin for the individuals that created the coin. I think it is a wonderful idea for the individual who placed the coin in the auction but there were also other motives for these coins being made.

This is not the only example of a new version poppin' up. I know it's for a good cause but the coin counts and versions are starting to get fuzzie, who can keep count anymore.

Sorry, but I think this is a very terrible comment about this special coin. I just read the whole story behind it, the cache description and the log entries. It made me cry because I lost my sister at the age of 25 in a car accident as well and all the memories came up. Any support is of great help and if the auction of this geocoin will give the kids a little extra it's the best thing I've seen that a geocoin could do since I'm interested in these coins.

And you worry about any stupid counts of coins...

I don't care what the coin is, what's it made for, or what the plan was. The facts are there is a geocaching family that has suffered a major loss. There are two childeren that no longer have a mother and a husband without a wife.

I say that instead of arguing about this we should step togather and donate something to this family. The place for donation is on the ebay auction site.

I don't care what the coin is, what's it made for, or what the plan was. The facts are there is a geocaching family that has suffered a major loss. There are two childeren that no longer have a mother and a husband without a wife.

I say that instead of arguing about this we should step togather and donate something to this family. The place for donation is on the ebay auction site.

Agreed.

I don't agree with the original post, but on the same note, I don't think threads should be locked just because we don't like what they have to say. Censorship is an ugly path and one we should be very cautious about.

Well I think it should be locked before it turns into a big flame war and gets ugly.

I don't agree with the original post, but on the same note, I don't think threads should be locked just because we don't like what they have to say.  Censorship is an ugly path and one we should be very cautious about.

Well I think it should be locked before it turns into a big flame war and gets ugly.

It already has gotten ugly, and I almost wonder if this guy started this thread knowing it was going to start something. Some poeple like starting things ya know? Funny how he found that coin to make an example of "other versions".

Edit-Another reason I think it was on purpose is he also has not posted since the first post, even when somebody posted his profile calling him stupid.

I do no think this should even be an issue myself. The coin was made in honor of a geocacher that passed in a horriable accident. The money is for her childeren who no longer have their mother. How dare people be "upset" (if you are) that there is another coin edition out there that they can't have! The other coins being kept are in her honor by friends and the final coin is for her family. Stop complaining about the extra coin addition and be part of the geocaching family by donating a few dollars for her childeren. It is close to Chirstmas and it will be a Christmas without their mom, maybe your few dollars can help make it better.

I say good idea to YemonYime and his crew for thinking of this and creating this coin for her and her family. I hope it brings alot of money to them.

There is no need to get your shorts in a wad here. No one was critical of trying to help out a family in need. That is always a good thing (a big thumbs up to Yime for doing so).

The thread is about multiple new versions of a coin mysteriously popping up after it was sold to the public as an LE. It brings up a very good question worthy of discussion.

Straying off topic can be hazardous…

There is no need to get your shorts in a wad here. No one was critical of trying to help out a family in need. That is always a good thing (a big thumbs up to Yime for doing so).

The thread is about multiple new versions of a coin mysteriously popping up after it was sold to the public as an LE. It brings up a very good question worthy of discussion.

Straying off topic can be hazardous…

If that's the intended discussion than this thread should be locked and the discussion should be retaken up in the thread that's already open about that.

Discussing somebody's gripe about coin editions in the same breath as a tragic accident is simply sickening.

"So what is your actual problem with this?" My problem is that when you are told that there are a LE of coins for a particular coin and than two more LE of the same coin appear it isn't really LE anymore is it?

There was only six minted in the Black Nickle, is that not limited enough for you? The general public will never see one, I find that to be really limited since most limited editions are around 100 coins.

Well it is time for me to step away from this thread and grab my daughter and hug her, you never know it could be the last hug I get to give her. Best wishes to the family and I only hope that the support of all geocachers that this family can some how move on and make the best of what was handed to them .