The Worst Cache Container You've Seen

An envelope made of duct tape. That may work well in a desert climate... heck, I found a well-known Nevada cache in a cardboard Pringles Potato Chip tube... but it takes an ammo box, lock 'n lock, match container, etc. to hold up well in an area that sees rain and snow.

I hate that Pringles can cache! Ticks me off that that dang cache, in that location, still exists but my cache in a much less muggle rich environment nearby disappeared twice :ph34r:

I found a container that was in one of those thin plastic bags from the grocery store, the kind you put fruit in at the produce section. It held many items and a container that held a mostly dry log. I dismissed it the first time I saw it as trash, I signed the log the second time and went out a third time to replace it with something a little more robust.

With my whole 15 finds I have found that my own cache was the worst I have come across. It was a cheap generic plastic container(I was going to see how long it held up) and someone had the bright idea to put a mctoy in and not close it all the way basically when I went to check on it the lid was just resting on the mctoy. The inside had bugs, dirt and mold growing in it and the log though double bagged was wet. I am going to replace the container just haven't had time to go to the store. Right now I am just replacing it with the $.25 plastic containers.

I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion that hiders must describe containers as part of the approval process. I also think that instead of a simple "note," that finders should tag it "should be archived."

Why can't people just read the FAQs or listen to the experience of others before they stick a ziploc bag out in the elements? I'd really be tempted to trash one like that... doesn't deserve to be called a cache... it's just litter then!

:lol:

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

While not neccissarily a bad container, I did have a bad experience with this container. The container was a birdhouse. The contents were ziplocked, though. I was dusting this cache off (not found in a loooong time). When I went to open the birdhouse, eight million ants attacked me. I was nice enough to get rid of all the ants, remove all the old items (ants had chewed through bags), and replace with fresh stuff and bags. It is a well recieved cached by those who find it, but those ants...thos ants nearly ate me.

Ants can eat through a lot. I saw a presentation by someone researching ants and they had to replace the rubber tubing the ants went through from their nesting area to the food in the lab every week. Enough ants chomping will cut through any thin plastic or rubber.