Golden Dragon?

Chaos A.D./aka Arlsdaddy

First of all, this is not a preorder thread, so let's not start, mm-kay?

This question is mostly for people who ordered the Emerald Dragon coin, although I welcome other comments and thoughts as well.

I have received NUMEROUS emails asking for a gold dragon coin. My intensions were to only mint 250, so that's all the silver ones we will ever see. Would it be more or less desirable to have a "matching", or "brother" coin?

I brushed off the first 20 or so emails regarding this, but it has become apparent to me that many would like to see this. Some from those of you who have the curent coin, some who don't.

I just don't want a whole bunch of people badmouthing if a gold coin came out with the same front and back, ya know?

One other thought I had today about this:

Make them, and drop ALL into caches...no sales. Cache finds and trades only.

IF they are made, and IF some are sold through the forums, I may have them made and in hand before doing so. (MAY is the key word.)

One other reason I am THINKING of MAYBE doing this is the fact that they are very popular in my community, and I have just a small handfull left. Another coin will be made for my own personal signature item, but had promised no more silver! So do I go with the gold or have a totally different design minted?

Let the replies flow...but please no bashing or name calling :blink:

But also be honest in your thoughts :anibad:

Well if you want honest here's my take on it. I think different metals is a very boring and done to death idea. To me it's just the exact same coin, and I have no desire to have 2 copies of the same coin.

Now, if you just change the (enamel) coloring some that makes it different in my book. Facedances did this with the color of the eyes on his 2 coins, and I thought it was a wonderful decision. His is actually the only coin I have in more than one metal.

Sweet! :D Can't wait for the aluminum, wood, platinum, tin, plastic, & paper versions to come out! :D

I will take one each of these. :blink::anibad:

Pay for gas?? How bout you give me one of them there Gold coins with blue eyes instead of Red, and I will place some of yours coins in caches here in Texas....that way I DO pay for gas? What you say I say that (couldn't help it, it's my favorite line from a pirate move)?

My take is to move forward with your personal signature coin (which is what I thought we got but I guess not...) Take this coin, improve it use the new version as your sig item. If you need help getting costs down flat out say "I'm making 250/500 (what ever it takes) silver, to sell and get costs down, so that I can make 50 gold at a time for use as my signature item for as long as I like this coin".

That's a vote for No Gold.

Edited by Renegade Knight
My take is to move forward with your personal signature coin (which is what I thought we got but I guess not...)

Actually it is, but I did sell some to bring cost down, which I had stated from the start. I didn't expect to dispurse as many as I did in such a short amount of time. Another thing with possibly a gold coin is the dies are already made and "paid for". I feel no matter what color, metal, etc. it is still my PC. I just don't want to make more of the silver since it says "Coin XXX of 250". That would make me a liar. And I'm not rushing off to have more made just yet, as I respect all feedback. I know if I purchased a "limited run" of something, only to find that more were made of the exact thing with no revisions, I would feel I had been taken. That's why I pose this question to all. :anibad:

I think Yime is onto something. Change the eye color and mint the gold. They should be a lot less expensive because you'll save $200 in die fees. That makes them more affordable to drop into caches too.

Also, I would love to purchase a gold one to go with my silver because unlike Vargseld? I think many of coins looks sooo much different in different metals, and I do like to have them all :blink: But if you change the eyecolor and the metal, even he should be happy :D:anibad::D

...I didn't expect to dispurse as many as I did in such a short amount of time. Another thing with possibly a gold coin is the dies are already made and "paid for". I feel no matter what color, metal, etc. it is still my PC. I just don't want to make more of the silver since it says "Coin XXX of 250". That would make me a liar. And I'm not rushing off to have more made just yet, as I respect all feedback....

After posting that I actually got your coin. It says limited edition right on top.

Now that I've seen it, in all honesty I think gold would look better with the green than the silver does now. While I still think that you should not do more of that coin, if you do I would hope that you give those of us who got your original coin a shot for at least one of the gold. :anibad:

I never got one of your silver ones but would still be interested in getting ahold of a gold one. I dont have anything to trade so maybe you could drop one in Ohio

I did get a silver one and thought it was awesome! If you do a gold one (yes vote for blue eyes), make it shiny and best leave TWO in Ohio! I just loved the shiny finish of the silver one.

I'll add mysefl to the "brushed off" :ph34r: stuff happens.

My son collects Dragons and I was hoping to get one for him for christmas it was going to go by the nice large puter dragon with red eyes we got him while attending the Renaissance Festival. Still hopeful.

oh and gold is good. :lol:

Pepper

We just received the silver one on saturday, great coin! Taking photos under the desk light made it look more gold than silver, so you might get an idea about a golden coin here. ;)

Personally we would like to have a gold coin as well but we don't think that blue eyes might look as good with a green dragon than red eyes. We love these red eyes because they really seem to have some dragon fire in them. So with a golden coin we could imagine a dark blue or black dragon with red eyes in the same design would look great. B)

But we would love any other combination as well.

Balla & Silly

Edited by Balla & Silly
Sweet! B) Can't wait for the aluminum, wood, platinum, tin, plastic, & paper versions to come out!  ;)

This is just silly, can't your "coin" stand out on it's design alone? Why do you need different metals?

I don't own a Blue, Red, Silver, and a Green Xterra...I got a Black one. I bought it because of the "design" and "performance" not because of it's "color"

If you insist....come out with a new '06 model ! :D

PW

Edited by PassingWind
Sweet! B) Can't wait for the aluminum, wood, platinum, tin, plastic, & paper versions to come out!  ;)

This is just silly, can't your "coin" stand out on it's design alone? Why do you need different metals?

I don't own a Blue, Red, Silver, and a Green Xterra...I got a Black one. I bought it because of the "design" and "performance" not because of it's "color"

If you insist....come out with a new '06 model ! :D

PW

You gonna keep the old Xterra just 'cause the year is different?

I think Yime is onto something. Change the eye color and mint the gold. They should be a lot less expensive because you'll save $200 in die fees. That makes them more affordable to drop into caches too.

Also, I would love to purchase a gold one to go with my silver because unlike Vargseld? I think many of coins looks sooo much different in different metals, and I do like to have them all :P But if you change the eyecolor and the metal, even he should be happy :P:D:)

I like This Idea Also !!Diffrent color eyes and enamel will still make a great looking coin and also keep the costs down!!We got Two silver!!