Renewing Premium Membership

Xangxa

I thought I'd see a "Renew Premium Membership" link on the "My Account" page. It's quite confusing trying to find the proper link and a forum search wasn't too fruitful either. Now that I've finally found it, I'm stumped.

The instructions say

If you are renewing your membership, enter your new subscription number from PayPal and click "renew"

How do I determine my "new subscription number?" I don't even remember my old one. There is a long string after "PayPay" in the "Your Membership Details" box in the top right corner of the renewal page. I tried using that and it failed. The data entry box is pre-populated with a "S-" so I tried using that as a prefix to the "PayPal" string and that failed as well. Both times it reports "This membership does not exist."

I've looked at my PayPal account to see if I can find anything there, but came up empty handed. I remember an email from Groundspeak, and maybe it was there. But I can't find the email. If I've accidentally deleted it or misfiled it, how do I get another one sent? Did it even contain the required number?

The renewal process really needs an overhaul.

To Renew your (annual) Premium Membership

Here's how I did it, documented for future forum searchers

1. On the HOME page, center column, in the section entitled "Create or Upgrade Your Membership" click on the link "Become a Premium Member today."
  2. Skip past the top part and mid-way down click the PayPal button for the annual membership
  3. You are now in "PayPal land" so complete the transaction as you would any other PayPal purchase
  4. Wait for PayPal to email you your "Subscription Receipt for Groundspeak Premium Member" which will contain your Subscription Number.
  5. Log into Geocaching.com (which controls which account gets renewed) and return to the page in step 1 above.
  6. Copy & Paste the Subscription Number from the PayPal email into the field at the top of the page.
  7. Click the RENEW button next to that field. Your new expiration date will be reflected in the "Your Membership Details" box in the upper right of the page.

I've renewed my membership and gave two friends gifts of membership using my credit card not paypal. Personally I think it was easier as there is no confirmation number and the like. My membership was renewed at expiration, one gift was 4 months before expiration and one gift was new. Did it all with one transaction. And like said before the one done 4 mths in advance added a year on to the exsisting account. IMHO the credit card system works so much better. Try this link.

http://store.Groundspeak.com/ProductInfo.a...uctid=GSPANNUAL