Blue Iis Personal Coin

Blue iis

I went ahead and joined the personal GeoCoin group and ordered a limited amount of 2006 GeoCoins. My plan is to trade for other coins I don't have and place my extras in caches. I do owe a coin to PrairePartners, who were good enough to send me a coin when I had nothing to send them.

Anyhow, if you'd like one, please email me. I really would prefer trades only, as I'm not looking to sell any. Since I'm newly retired and will be doing a pretty good amount of traveling and boosting my caching numbers, I will be placing them in caches in various states.

finalcoin.jpg

That is a very nice coin. I do not have a personal coin yet but my goal as a new coin collector is to at least get all the local Bay Area cachers coins as they have the most meaning to me even if I haven't met them yet, most have at least hunted one of our caches.

The only ones I have available right now for trade are European Union, Not Another Micro, Texas 2005, and a few new ones coming in so maybe I can work out a trade http://cointracking.com/public/GeoBrowns

Or if you are down our way again soon, Alum Rock park caches are nice :P

Didn't you read the fine print of the gba coin club? If you mint a personal geocoin, you have to give one to every coin club member.

--Marky

"First rule of coin club - you do not talk about coin club."

P.S. We'll trade you one of ours when it gets finished.

I thought that was only if you used www.thegba.net on your coin :)!

Or you could use the pinned topics at teh top that give a list of coin companies that Groundspeak works with..... :ph34r:

Yes, but I really think that topic is poorly named... I wouldn't look there if I was making a new coin, it is for collecting coins, not making them :ph34r:

That also doesn't give them any info on those that everyone likes and the ones that there are concerns about.

Or you could use the pinned topics at teh top that give a list of coin companies that Groundspeak works with..... :ph34r:

Yes, but I really think that topic is poorly named... I wouldn't look there if I was making a new coin, it is for collecting coins, not making them :mad:

That also doesn't give them any info on those that everyone likes and the ones that there are concerns about.

That's true, it's only from word of mouth or perhaps pouring over these forums for past posts that may mention any postives or negatives and not everyone has the time like many of us to do that. Of course if there was an active search function... :ph34r:

:mad:

Edited by GeoBrowns

I'm pleased to say that my coins have FINALLY arrived. They came today and I'm leaving tomorrow for a week long caching trip in Arizona. I packaged up pretty much all of my trades and mailed them out tonight. I will need to double check my spread sheet and notes, but I think I got 99% of them taken care of.

I still have some bronze coins to trade and as it turned out, I opted to order some silver LE coins and they are available to trade as well. If you are interested, in either coin drop me a line, but I won't be able to physically finalize any trade until I get back home next week.

Thank you to everyone who had made a trade with me.

Mike aka Blue iis