Coin Tracking Software

CacheDragons

cointracking.com is a good place to keep a list of what you have and what you are looking for but I want to be able to track my expenses by coin, and my trades.

You can keep track of your trades perfectly on cointracking.com by entering a comment into your incoming or pending coin. That's the best way I have because I put the day I traded or paid, who with, what I traded if I want, and if my part has been sent.

I created a Microsoft Access database. Actually, I created 3 databases, 1 for coins, 1 for trades, and 1 for individuals. I then have them tied together so I can see all trades for an individual or all coins associated with a trade. I can then create mailing labels in Microsoft Word for any trades that are pending.

I made an Excel workbook with several spreadsheets; 1 for coins I have with pictures, 1 for trades, 1 for our personal coin trades, and 1 for keeping track of coins I'm watching threads on and what I've bought (when, how much, how it was paid for). It's worked pretty good although I've replaced the first page with TheCachingPlace.com. I like this one over Cointracking.com because I have a slow dial-up connection at home and it runs faster than Cointracking.

So now I'm on the honor system :huh: so if we have traded please remind me!

hahaha... this reminds me of my system... I've probably sent a half dozen emails over the last year asking "did I already send you a coin?" I even managed to send one trade to Idaho rather than Michigan (just a slight difference)

I've decided to give cointracking.com a try. I created a trading list and when I have a Ver 2 coin made I'll probably create an Edition to keep track of trades. We'll see how well it works.

I keep track of almost everything at www.thecachingplace.com (TCP). When I pay for a new coin and get the paypal confirmation I send the email to a "coin orders" folder. Every few days I look at the "newest coins" on the caching place and compare them to the emails in my coin orders folder, if it's on TCP then I add it on the website with a note aobut when I paid for it and move the email to another folder called "Coin Orders-CP" untill the coins come in and the emails get deleted.

Similarly I keep track of my trades on TCP until I get the coin and confirm the reciept of my coins.

Works for me. I'm used to working with complex spreadsheets and an intricate system of email folders at work in an attempt to stay organized, so the moving of emails to another folder is second nature to me and updating TCP isn't any worse than updating a spreadsheet.

I use excel. I have managed to accumulate about 8 worksheets with the information sorted in various orders. Makes it easy to find something but a real pain to update.

You could use one spreadsheet and change the sort order as needed or use autofilters if you know what you are looking for. Or set up different views of the same spreadsheet then you only have to update the info on one and can see all the different views.