Tuscon Thompsen Scores #3,000

Frodo_Underhill

Looks like Tuscon Thompsen has been busy over the holiday. He scored his 3000th cache at GCPD5N - Code Yellow down in the Wharton State Forest. It's a puzzle cache - what do you expect for the Master.

TT, thanks for visiting Southern New Jersey for this milestone. May you find many many more caches in your travels. Just be careful on those sand roads.

For everyone else, check out TT's log and photos!

Interesting Log

And TT - as for your blue card ... if its misplaced, drop me a line - it will be taken care of.

OK...I have to ask. I am a desert rat, and while I have enjoyed the sand ever so much that I found in Wharton this weekend, I would like to know who/what exactly is a "Piney"? Where does one cease being a Jerseyian and become a "Piney"? Is it a state? A state of mind? Is it south of the 195? Are pine trees a pre-requisite? Do I have to walk and boat with honourable men and, women, now too? Is there and application to fill out? Some sort of DMV Piney test I can take?

Or none of the above?

[:ninja:]

--TT--

Piney usually refers to the folks who lived in the Pine Barrens. Look up the Pinelands Preserve for the rough area. The term was usually applied to these folks by outsiders in a rather politically incorrect and derogatory manner. These days the SJ cachers use it as a term to apply to a style of hiding caches which takes advantage of the natural features and cover down this way.

If you call most of us a Piney we won't get upset but descendants of the original settlers of the Pine Barrens might give you a piece of their mind. So be sure you know the folks well before you call them a Piney. Another interesting term is a Shoebie - but I will let someone else explain that one!

And you haven't done all the caches down here until you get out you kayak, hummer, skyhook, magnifying glasses and other Difficulty 5 apparatus!

Cache on!

Congrats, TT!!

Hey, Frodo -- don't forget about "piney stripes"! Piney stripes are those wonderful scars & gouges in the cachemobile paint job! They come from blazing down a deer trail while Mother Nature blesses your path with her unique touch.

Earn your piney stripes, TT! (Paint is replaceable - piney stripes are evidence of good stories!)

Is it a state? A state of mind? Is it south of the 195? Are pine trees a pre-requisite? Do I have to walk and boat with honourable men and, women, now too? Is there and application to fill out? Some sort of DMV Piney test I can take?

Yes. :ninja:

I have piney stripes on the Jeep, and on my legs, too. I think they're permanent. :ninja:scratchylegs.jpg

Is it south of the 195?

Oh one other minor detail while you go out and earn your stripes.

Never ever preface a highway number with "the" as in "the 195". That is a definate west coast giveaway.

Learn your exit numbers (generally in reference to the Turnpike and the Parkway) Everyone will know what you are talking about. I used to live by Exit 120 - and I don't even have to say which road! Good caches up there from what I can tell on the board.

Keep on caching dude - we'll make you a member of the club yet! (Not that you aren't already :ninja: )