This Is An Expensive Hobby!

junglehair

I agree. I thought it would be less to just collect a certain type of coin, so I started buying state coins only. Even then, it's expensive. I'm actually rethinking the whole thing.

That's the sad part - I do only collect the State coins. Well ok, State, Province, Regional, Country and the odd really cool personal coin. Oh, and of course, the GAA coin (Geocoin Addicts Anonymous).

Oh man - I just added up my PapPal receipts for coins that I've ordered since I started collecting back in September (only 3 months now). It was just over $1,000! That's more than I paid in car payments during that time! :ninja:

:ninja::ninja: That's why I don't collect state coins. They cost too much and really don't have much meaning to me.

i am limiting my purchases to those that are GC trackable...otherwise whats the point.....unless it is cool (green man)....and i put a TB tag on him.......

there needs to be a better system than the forum....i like the set up at cointracking.com, but they charge don't they?

that could be a member perk...listing your coin for sale.....and buying coins too.....

i am limiting my purchases to those that are GC trackable...otherwise whats the point.....unless it is cool (green man)....and i put a TB tag on him.......

there needs to be a better system than the forum....i like the set up at cointracking.com, but they charge don't they?

that could be a member perk...listing your coin for sale.....and buying coins too.....

Three of my favorite coins aren't trackable and I think they are awesome.

Lemon Fresh Dog Geobone (silver) - 149 minted in this metal

Joefrog - 150 minted

Prairiepartners (Antique Silver) - 75 minted in this metal

They may not be trackable but they rock! :anibad:

I have no idea how much I've spent. Don't want to know. I've had to cut back and now only buy an occasional coin that I really like, plus I'm in 3 clubs, so I do trade some. I'm currently working on a personal coin through the Caching Place, so I'll have more to trade and leave in caches. That and maybe I can get a Moun10Bike this way! :lol:

I think I'm up to around 60 or so keepers plus another 25 or so to trade.

Wooden nickels and poker chips are another matter altogether! I can afford lots of those!!