Southern Ohio Event

maggieszoo

You may regret your offer!! I could use help finding someone to make wands (12-16"?) and/or broomsticks (small ones--like doll-sized). I think everything else I can get from Oriental Trading Company or make myself. The dragon eggs will be Ukrainian pysanky eggs, which should be a nice keepsake of the event.

I'm planning on at least one phase of the event be a CITO phase to help clean up a local fishing spot.

Now that half of the local law enforcement community is caching, I should get plenty of support!!

Maggie

We might be interested. Which part of Southern Ohio and month?

Waverly. Pike County. Just south of Chillicothe. I'm looking at sometime in June, maybe.

Yep. Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and all that. You don't have to have read the books or seen the movie to play, but it might help (!?).

If this goes over, maybe Narnia next year?

Hubby's grandmother used to live in Waverly...we went to grad school at OU...hope I can talk him into going!

As far as the wands go, don't know how much you want to spend, but we got a neat one when HP book 6 went on sale at midnight, at Barnes & Noble. It is 3 pieces...handle is a wooden coat rack "hook" (not curved like a hook) w/a wooden bead attached to it...then a small section of dowel rod was attached for the wand part. I don't know if that makes sense. If I can find it, I'll post a picture of it.

As far as the wands go, don't know how much you want to spend, but we got a neat one when HP book 6 went on sale at midnight, at Barnes & Noble. It is 3 pieces...handle is a wooden coat rack "hook" (not curved like a hook) w/a wooden bead attached to it...then a small section of dowel rod was attached for the wand part. I don't know if that makes sense. If I can find it, I'll post a picture of it.

That makes perfect sense. Just the sort of thing I was thinking! Next stop, Hobby Lobby!!!

Progressing pretty well! The date will be June 10, 2006. I don't have a name, yet, though. What do y'all think? Harry Potter's Hogwarts Holiday? or Maggieszoo's Magical Mystery Tour?

How about "No Muggles Here". :P

Sounds like it could be fun. I might be interested in coming if we can get a carpool up and going.

This sounds like lots of fun and we'd love to come! We'll mark the date on the calendar now!

We started our Grand Caching Events here in northeast Ohio 3 years ago with a simple crossword puzzle car rally that was attended by 80 people. We love these kinds of things and attended two more the next year that were in the same style. They were a blast!

Our second big event in 2004 drew 170 people and this year's Alien Encounter drew 250! Can't wait for your event Maggie! Bring it on!!!

SerenityNow

PS. While everyone is marking your calendars for Maggie's event, save Sept. 9, 2006 for FraggleStock... Peace, Love, and SerenityNow! :laughing:

I went to this year's Alien Encounter and had such a great time that I wanted to do something along those lines for our part of the state. We don't have as many great parks as Cleveland area does, so our event will be more spread out and require more driving, but since it is mostly rural here, actual driving time won't be much different, just more miles. But the scenery is pretty here, so I don't think you'll mind. :lol:

Wafflesdad and I spent most of lunch discussing just how it is going to work. There are some businesses that I think will get involved, so that will add to the fun. Not to mention the entire law enforcement/emergency services community here is now caching, so don't be surprised if you get pulled over by someone who is on duty to give their off-duty comrades a leg-up on you! Hmmmm.....that gives me an idea.....