Travelbug/geocoin Logs

junglehair

I have started a collection of personal geocoins which I take to events and allow others to log. The only problem with this is, every time someone logs my coins, I get about 30 email messages (2 per coin for their pickup/drop of the coin). This will only get worse as my coin collection grows.

If possible, it would be nice to have the option to turn off the email notifications for certain travelbugs.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I would discourage people from logging a TB or coin which they did not physically pick up from a cache or cacher. A traveler physically moved shouldn't generate enough emails to be annoying. That's how the system was designed.

Jamie

There seem to be an increasing number of virtual coins and travel bugs which get dropped in caches and then grabbed back by the owner. People are using them to track all kinds of things, from distance between caches to favorite caches to friends. I've thought of using my FTF geocoin to track my FTFs.

Right or wrong, it's happening. Just like waymarks, it might be that travel bugs and coins need to be generalized and categorized to limit what can be done with them.

every time someone logs my coins, I get about 30 email messages (2 per coin for their pickup/drop of the coin). 

You can cut your emails in half by having them not drop the coin/TB. Tell them to just grab it from whomever is holding it. After a sufficient amount of time has passed, you can grab it yourself.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I would discourage people from logging a TB or coin which they did not physically pick up from a cache or cacher. A traveler physically moved shouldn't generate enough emails to be annoying. That's how the system was designed.

Jamie

I'm with you on this. I don't log anything that I didn't actually find in a cache. I find the whole idea of logging other people's stuff just to get an icon you didn't actually earn ridiculous.

What RREnginner said: Here's the wording on the sheet with the coin #s I carry to events

IK's GeoCoin Numbers

My preference is that these be logged by folks I've actually met at an event or on the caching trail. In other words, don't share them freely with you geo-buddies, please. It's not necessary to log them back into an event. I (or whoever is logging them) can grab them from you. Logging them back into the event just generates email for me and the event owner and clutters the page with a ton of "coin drop" logs.

Edited by Isonzo Karst