Jeep Tb Contest 2005

Lizzy

Today I got a phone call from Dodge Marketing asking me what color of Jeep Commander I would like.  I also talked with Alcone who assured me that I was the winner and that a letter is on the way.

So, I still haven't received the "official" letter, but it sounds like I won!  Hooray for me!  ^_^

Well now, I'm bummed for me :P , but happy for you! :D

Congranulations! Drive it in good health!

Call me impatient, but I couldn't wait. I went down this morning and test drove a Commander. What a sweet ride! My preference is the midnight blue with the grey on khaki seats. The one I drove had a sunroof, DVD player and Nav System.

I hope I am not making anyone drool too much, but I really did enjoy it.

Thanks for all of the nice words and compliments from everyone! I really don't think that my picture was any better than any of yours. You all deserve the Jeep as much as I, so I really appreciate the support and kind words. It's great to be part of such a great community with the likes of you!

Congrats! ! ! malandro95 You did a good job on the picture and I hope you enjoy your Jeep. <_< It was an exciting ride just being in the contest... then getting to the top 15 was awesome! I've never come so close to winning something big before! I have enjoyed my GPS greatly though. Maybe we will see your pic in an Ad for Jeep soon.

Cyndilou

Aalbany, Ga

I stand corrected,Dupiedoo is correct

Finally found the rule for finding out who the winner is but the deadline for requesting this has past.

"For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4X4 Geocaching Challenge-Winners, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05. For a Copy of the Official Rules mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge-Rules, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05."

My request for a lsit of winners was sent in approximately 12/01/05. I am still waiting as of today. Who knows? :laughing:

FYI, I found out this week that winning the grand prize of the Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge does not guarantee that the grand prize vehicle is a 4x4. When I found out it was a 4x2 I asked them if I could get something of equivalent value in a 4x4 (I mean, I live in Utah and it snows quite a bit here, and hey, I'm into geocaching, so I'm not exactly the type that stays on paved roads or stays home just because there is a blizzard outside). Anyway, when you see a photo of me next to a Grand Cherokee (4x4) don't be suprised that it isn't a commander.

FYI, I found out this week that winning the grand prize of the Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge does not guarantee that the grand prize vehicle is a 4x4.  When I found out it was a 4x2 I asked them if I could get something of equivalent value in a 4x4 (I mean, I live in Utah and it snows quite a bit here, and hey, I'm into geocaching, so I'm not exactly the type that stays on paved roads or stays home just because there is a blizzard outside).  Anyway, when you see a photo of me next to a Grand Cherokee (4x4) don't be suprised that it isn't a commander.

When I saw the rules and the amount quoted, I figured it would have to be a 4X2 but then I thought, No, with it being a 4x4 contest surely it would be a 4x4. Wow, thats a bummer. Just curious, will they allow you to use the value towards something else? Or do you have to just work that out with the dealer? The rules lead you to believe you get is what you get and thats it. Also, I'm just curious, how much do you have to spend out of pocket to get the prize, Taxes, etc.

Edited by Dupiedoo
FYI, I found out this week that winning the grand prize of the Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge does not guarantee that the grand prize vehicle is a 4x4.  When I found out it was a 4x2 I asked them if I could get something of equivalent value in a 4x4 (I mean, I live in Utah and it snows quite a bit here, and hey, I'm into geocaching, so I'm not exactly the type that stays on paved roads or stays home just because there is a blizzard outside).  Anyway, when you see a photo of me next to a Grand Cherokee (4x4) don't be suprised that it isn't a commander.

When I saw the rules and the amount quoted, I figured it would have to be a 4X2 but then I thought, No, with it being a 4x4 contest surely it would be a 4x4. Wow, thats a bummer. Just curious, will they allow you to use the value towards something else? Or do you have to just work that out with the dealer? The rules lead you to believe you get is what you get and thats it. Also, I'm just curious, how much do you have to spend out of pocket to get the prize, Taxes, etc.

25% Federal + he lives in Utah, sales tax and state income tax.

nielsenc

Just really curious how this all turned out. Anyone heard what he actually received? Also curious what had to be paid out-of-pocket?